Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I purchased Nando's sauce for about a £1. I reckon I got at least 20 servings from that. So 5p per serving. Plus the £3.30 I paid for a whole cooked chicken and £1 for uncle bens microwaveable Rice.

Thats a Nando's meal produced for £4.35. How much would they charge for that? £13 quid or something?

Can't you do that with almost any restaurant food?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yeah but the point is Nandos costs about DOUBLE McDonalds. Why?! It's worse if anything!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Car boot sales.

Turn fields into mud and cause giant traffic jams to wander round a lot of cast off tat. I just don't get it.

PG

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Burgess Hill
Poncy Gastro Pub burgers for £12
Womens Cricket
Vegemite
Spanish Dave this season vs last season
Lemon Curd
High Top Trainers

I could go on.......

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Technically, but I always believe a restaurant is justified where what they produce is BETTER than what you could.

Now I can cook a pretty damn good pizza with my pizza stone....but it's still not QUITE the standard of one from a pizza oven at a restaurant. I can cook mussels...but it's not QUITE the same as restaurant ones in their butter filled sauces.

However, Nando's I can literally buy THEIR sauce and produce EXACTLY what they do. There will be other examples but it's more that people RAVE about this place as if its some phenomenal cuisine.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
However, Nando's I can literally buy THEIR sauce and produce EXACTLY what they do. There will be other examples but it's more that people RAVE about this place as if its some phenomenal cuisine.

You've heard people rave about Nando's? I don't mind it myself but I can't see anyone getting their knickers in a twist about it. Decent, if overpriced, fast food.

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
It's more the cost/benefit equation for me, rather than the (and I agree with you) overall quality.

Sssssshhhhhhhhh

Getting older = recovery getting harder for me.

If I have a month or 2 without, your right bank balance benefits.

Ive decided to be more picky when to have a go, rather than just cos im in the pub lets have a blast lol

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
All forms of insurance.
Serving food on TOP of a paper napkin so it's soiled before you use it.
All religion.
Twilight.
Terry Pratchet books.
Meridian News.
The Star Wars prequels.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is absolutely no way a Nando's is worse, or even the same, in terms of quality as a McDonald's. If the pricing truly reflected the quality on offer, a Nando's would be about FIVE times as much.

Nando's is horrible bollocks, I can't believe how many lemmings have bought the marketing. They charge insane prices for very average food.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You've heard people rave about Nando's? I .

Yep.

That's where the hatred comes from. It's illogical as with many of my hatreds.

I've had one. They aren't too bad in their own right, but then there's not much you can screw up with a whole roast chicken and some rice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here