Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thieving Scrotes (thankyou to the club)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Came out at the end of the game to find that my wife's wheelchair which is padlocked in the bike rack had been stolen. A WHEELCHAIR!

Experience of life tells you it had to be kids "having a laugh" and so it proved as cctv showed some of the local youth pushing off towards Moulscomb and then back up round the back of the west stand while the match was in progress. Thankfully they just dumped it and the club security staff and police were fantastic. The club lent us a chair so we could get back to the carpark and immediately reviewed the cctv and sent stewards to help the police recover it with only a broken padlock and a damaged wheel and footrest to sort out. We were on our way home within an hour.

Unfortunately my wife has been greatly distressed crying for most of the three hour journey home. As it stands it is going to take a lot to get her to come to another game.

Stealing a wheelchair? I f***ing ask you.....it's hardly as if there could be any doubt about its use and the owners' need :rant: Scum is too nice to describe them.

Thanks though to the club staff and especially the police in attendance. They were lovely and I cannot speak highly enough of them :thumbsup:

I will be e-mailing Mr Barber in the morning

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That's awful.

Glad you got it back, and hope your wife can be persuaded to come back soon.

Hopefully the Arsenal is the next game for her.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bastards and to think Mrs Hut teaches these young thugs

D

Deleted member 18477

Dear oh dear kids! They need to seriously find something better to do with their lives! Sad acts!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm really sorry to hear your story mate. I hope that your wife, when she feels a little calmer, will reconsider and not let these morons behavior stop her from coming to the Amex. There are some sad sad people about aren't there?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
When I hear stories like this, I always think and hope that at some time in the future when the scumbags have got something of value, or someone they care about, someone fucks them over and they remember what they did and count it as pay back.

Unfortunately it is unlikely these particular wankers will be able to read this thread.

Wish your wife well, and tell her to bear in mind 99% of people are decent types and it is well worth coming back to the Amex.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You couldn't make it up! Hope the wife recovers soon.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
tttttttt.png

coincidence?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Decent end to the story and I hope your wife is able to come to terms with it.

But, it makes me wonder, are the 10 gazillion stewards at the Amex on a match day all inside the ground during the game? Is there no-one left outside just to keep an eye on things?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Terrible:nono:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks folks. Just needed to vent a bit of frustration and get it off my chest before settling down to the FLShow. Mrs SG is asleep thankfully but I think I can guess her topic of conversation for the next fortnight. Got seats in the Birmingham boardroom next Saturday which will help but Im not looking forward to the cup game as I think I will have a battle on my hands for that and probably the rest of the season. Such is life but there really are some sad people around and what is almost worse is knowing they will be laughing about it with their mates and never a thought for the distress they cause

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I hope the CCTV is good enough to enable them to identify the *****, they deserve nothing, ever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I also hope the CCTV is able to identify the f***ing useless waste of space and money stewards that allowed this to happen under their watch. They should be sacked immediately for complete dereliction of duty and gross misconduct, also., they are *****.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, your mrs is to blame for teaching how to steel wheels?

Not quite but there are some unsavoury kids at the school she works at near the Amex

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I'm very upset to hear about this, and I fully understand why the lady probably won't want to come back. Incidents like this can cause extreme distress as the journey home proved. I'm pleased the club were so helpful, but would hope that security would watch folks belongings and that there might be a space for wheelchairs to be brought into the stadium rather than left outside.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Speechless on 2 counts. Firstly that anyone would single out a wheelchair to nick and then dump - scum. And secondly that you have to leave the wheelchair outside the ground - i though the club made a big play of being supportive of its fans who lack mobility, hopefully given the positive response following the incident they will revisit this. So sorry your missus had to go through this - hope you can convince her to return to the Amex before long, perhaps the club should offer her some decent hospitality next time around to make up for this experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here