Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thieving Scrotes (thankyou to the club)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just disgusting - no other way to describe it.

Would love to know why these little twats decided to steal a wheelchair, its obvious someone actually needs it. Wish the police could track them down. Do e-mail Paul Barber about this, he wouldnt be happy to hear this.

Hopefully your wife feels better over it soon, shame that 1 thing by some scum would put someone off coming back - makes me furious why people would do that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is a low blow. Really sorry to hear that. I really hope your wife isn't put off coming again. Are the repairs very costly? I'd be happy to put a few quid towards it because I'd hate for her to think that we're all like that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what a horribly distressing incident for Mrs SG
these wankers have no shame.

hope she can make it back again.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Came out at the end of the game to find that my wife's wheelchair which is padlocked in the bike rack had been stolen. A WHEELCHAIR!

Experience of life tells you it had to be kids "having a laugh" and so it proved as cctv showed some of the local youth pushing off towards Moulscomb and then back up round the back of the west stand while the match was in progress. Thankfully they just dumped it and the club security staff and police were fantastic. The club lent us a chair so we could get back to the carpark and immediately reviewed the cctv and sent stewards to help the police recover it with only a broken padlock and a damaged wheel and footrest to sort out. We were on our way home within an hour.

Unfortunately my wife has been greatly distressed crying for most of the three hour journey home. As it stands it is going to take a lot to get her to come to another game.

Stealing a wheelchair? I f***ing ask you.....it's hardly as if there could be any doubt about its use and the owners' need :rant: Scum is too nice to describe them.

Thanks though to the club staff and especially the police in attendance. They were lovely and I cannot speak highly enough of them :thumbsup:

I will be e-mailing Mr Barber in the morning

SG,So sorry that scum like this exist...hope they catch the lowlife who did this...I can't blame the stewards ...how do they know that the towrag is not collecting the chair on behalf of a disabled person. Hope your wife has got over it now,please tell her we are not all like this and hope she returns to the stadium ....good luck mate.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Kids with nothing more constructive to do with their time. Hope your wife takes heart in the way the club treated the incident and resolved it.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
S h i t. That's what I really want to say. Absolutely horrible and pointless. Don't these kids THINK?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Surely some local copper will be able to identify them on the CCTV but doubt they'll feel an actual crime worth following up and will instead go do lots of forms about the incident which will take longer than actually doing something about it and then go catch someone driving with an old photo on their otherwise up to date license or similar.

Sounds like the club were exemplary however and hope you and the wife feel better in the morning

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's hard to imagine what (If anything!) goes through these kid's minds when they are actually doing stuff like this!!

Taking a bike or a car the low life scum would not know who owns it, but a wheelchair FFS!! public horeswhipping should be bought back for utter scummy low life like this.

Well done to the club and I can only hope your wife can put this behind her and carry on going to The Amex, as others have said it really is such a small minority of scum that would do something like this, again I do hope they are caught surely thats partly what the CCTV is for!!

Please do wish your wife the very best from all the good folk on NSC :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Taking a bike or a car the low life scum would not know who owns it, but a wheelchair FFS!! public horeswhipping should be bought back for utter scummy low life like this.

What about stocks on the middle of the pitch at the Amex at half time?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Decent end to the story and I hope your wife is able to come to terms with it.

But, it makes me wonder, are the 10 gazillion stewards at the Amex on a match day all inside the ground during the game? Is there no-one left outside just to keep an eye on things?

You have to wonder how the kids got all that way, presumably with bolt cutters? Without being spotted nicking it.

I expect you'll be able to bring the chair in for future games. Hopefully the club with treat you both to some sort of hospitality package to restore the equilibrium.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Decent end to the story and I hope your wife is able to come to terms with it.

But, it makes me wonder, are the 10 gazillion stewards at the Amex on a match day all inside the ground during the game? Is there no-one left outside just to keep an eye on things?

My thoughts exactly ... surely there are stewards outside

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What about stocks on the middle of the pitch at the Amex at half time?

Brilliant idea!! great half time entertainment watching scum like that get horeswhipped, at least if it did happen the concourse areas would not be as busy at half time! :lol:

Seriously though, how do these idiots that do this sort of thing even remotely find it funny?? I can honestly say that in all my years of living I have NEVER EVER heard of something like this happening before at a football match. It's a very sad indicment as to where some of our society is nowadays.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Kids with nothing more constructive to do with their time. Hope your wife takes heart in the way the club treated the incident and resolved it.

Presumably watching the game is outside their price range now. When I was 10/11 entry was £2.50 now it's around 10x that.

Not excusing their behaviour at all.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
What a dreadful experience for you and your wife. We do not know the degree of your wife’s disability or her mobility, but I’m surprised that you have to leave the chair outside. I’m also surprised that there are no stewards keeping an eye on supporter’s possessions, and that the bike rack seems to offer such easy pickings for the low life scum. Their ‘parents’ or ‘parent’ must be so very proud of them, name and shame!. I’d hope the club note this thread and make sure sufficient stewarding is now provided in all relevant areas during the time when most supporters are enjoying the game.

I hope your wife continues to enjoy the Amex experience and gets over this act of mindless vandalism as quickly as possible.

Bozza – Could the ‘Amazon Christmas prize money’ be redirected to help pay for the repairs, from all on NSC?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why isn't she allowed to take it into the stadium?

Surely there's somewhere it can be left inside during the game?

It is up to the stand manager I think but there is nowhere obvious to leave it safely without being in peoples way o totally understand their reluctance. We could use the disabled area but it isnt the same as sitting in and being part of the crowd.

Makes you wonder if the cars are safe in the car parks as well
the car parks are stewarded throughout and what a miserable job that is on a day like yesterday!

Please do wish your wife the very best from all the good folk on NSC :thumbsup:

will do .... and thanks to all

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here