Thieving Scrotes (thankyou to the club)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
That is a low blow. Really sorry to hear that. I really hope your wife isn't put off coming again. Are the repairs very costly? I'd be happy to put a few quid towards it because I'd hate for her to think that we're all like that.

Bozza – Could the ‘Amazon Christmas prize money’ be redirected to help pay for the repairs, from all on NSC?

This isa very good idea. Might help persuade Mrs SG that there are also good things at the Amex.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We could use the disabled area but it isnt the same as sitting in and being part of the crowd.

I see no reason why you cant leave the chair in the disable section and then go to the stands, there is plenty of room in those area to store it during the game.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
But, it makes me wonder, are the 10 gazillion stewards at the Amex on a match day all inside the ground during the game? Is there no-one left outside just to keep an eye on things?

This is awful!
Enough stewards around the perimeter on non match days, why not on match days? Appreciate club did what the did to help you, but should never have been in that situation. Interesting to know what Mr Barber says.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is it not possible to seat in the wheelchair areas provided at least you could transfer to a seat in these areas while having your wheelchair nearby.

we did look at it but there are a number of issues.

It is not the same atmosphere ss being in amongst the crowd and when you are a reluctant wheelchair user it feels like you are being labelled.

I could go free as her carer but when she isnt well or doesnt feel up to the journey (7/8 hours driving for us) I wouldnt be able to go either unless I bought a ticket on the day before setting off- the decision can often be late on the day of the game so I would rather be sure and pay for 2 season tickets

When she cannot go I wouldnt be able to take one of the grandkids in her place at short notice which is one of the particular delights for me.

It is totally reasonable suggestion but just doesnt suit us. We were going to buy seats in the new hospitality suite which would have solved the problem but a thousand quid to br paid at xmas and the thought of having to push the chair from Bridge right round the ground (I'm a pensioner FFS :lolol:) put paid to that. When you think that every disabled space closer to the ground is taken it is a fair testament to how much the club have done to attract disabled sth's

As for the suggestion by some that these kids should have been spotted/prevented I guess that like me it wouldnt occur to anyone that they would be stealing a wheelchair...... what right minded person would?
The game was rated "low risk" so not many police on duty and stewards cant be everywhere (not to mention it was bitterly cold and wet .......... I would have been indoors if I were them :) ). I have no complaint in that respect.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Is it not possible to seat in the wheelchair areas provided at least you could transfer to a seat in these areas while having your wheelchair nearby.

we did look at it but there are a number of issues.

It is not the same atmosphere ss being in amongst the crowd and when you are a reluctant wheelchair user it feels like you are being labelled.

I could go free as her carer but when she isnt well or doesnt feel up to the journey (7/8 hours driving for us) I wouldnt be ablee to go either unless I bought a ticket - the decision can often be late on the day of the game so I would rather be sure and pay for 2 season tickets

When she cannot go I wouldnt be able to take one of the grandkids in her place at short notice which is one of the particular delights for me.

It is totally reasonable suggestion but just doesnt suit us. We were going to buy seats in tje new hospitality suite which would have solved the problem but a thoudand quid to br paid at xmas and the thought of having to push the chair grom Bridge right round the ground (I'm a pensioner FFS :lolol:) put paid to that. When you think that every disabled space closer to the ground is taken it is a fair testament to how much the club have done to attract disabled sth's

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
So did these kids say to themselves "Let's have a mooch up to the Amex. We'll take some bolt cutters with us. There won't be anyone around on matchday and we might find the odd wheelchair or something to nick"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
So did these kids say to themselves "Let's have a mooch up to the Amex. We'll take some bolt cutters with us. There won't be anyone around on matchday and we might find the odd wheelchair or something to nick"

screwdriver in the lock of the padlock - my fault - didnt seriously expect it would be a target so only bought a key lock.
Already been down Halfords this morning for a combination padlock

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
screwdriver in the lock of the padlock - my fault - didnt seriously expect it would be a target so only bought a key lock.
Already been down Halfords this morning for a combination padlock

I guess it's automatic for kids to have "something" with them these days on the off chance. Hope your wife is feeling better soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sad story this for you SG hope your other half is feeling a bit better today it is very depressing when you cannot leave a wheelchair anywhere with out some horrid little scrote messing with it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If it was near bike racks then there must be a fair number of people with expencive bikes who will now worry as to how secure these bikes are during matchs.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
sad story this for you SG hope your other half is feeling a bit better today it is very depressing when you cannot leave a wheelchair anywhere with out some horrid little scrote messing with it.

It wouldnt be unrealistic to expect to be able to leave a wheelchair anywhere unpadlocked! obviously that is not the case, and thinking about it, these little shits will clearly steal anything.

Probably not the case, but if any of them that were involved are reading this thread..........I really hope you feel right big and clever you little scum bags!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I would imagine they were looking for bikes to nick.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A sorry tale of the times we live in, albeit one with a happy ending (notwithstanding Mrs severnside gull's understandable distress).

However, was I the only one waiting for the ERNEST "I borrowed a WHEELCHAIR during the match on SATURDAY to nip into TOWN but it had a WOBBLY wheel SO I had to BRING it BACK again" thread?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A sorry tale of the times we live in, albeit one with a happy ending (notwithstanding Mrs severnside gull's understandable distress).

However, was I the only one waiting for the ERNEST "I borrowed a WHEELCHAIR during the match on SATURDAY to nip into TOWN but it had a WOBBLY wheel SO I had to BRING it BACK again" thread?
It just shows how scummy these little shits are, not even our Ernie will joke about them.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Lets hope the people responsible for this disgusting episode are quickly rounded up and photographed for the Argus and Internet,which should result in them having a very uncomfortable time over the coming months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports