Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These are the world's most livable cities for 2015

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The only good thing about Geneva is its proximity to the mountains.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Currently living in number 21 on the list, Hamburg.

Very nearly got a job in Milton Keynes. Looked into cost of living there, and while markedly cheaper than London, it was only fractionally cheaper than number 5, Sydney. Madness.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
25. Portland, OR, USA
24. Barcelona, Spain
23. Oslo, Norway
22. Geneva, Switzerland
21. Hamburg, Germany
20. Amsterdam, Netherlands
19. Hong Kong, China
18. Lisbon, Portugal
17. Auckland, New Zealand
16. Madrid, Spain
15. Paris, France
14. Kyoto, Japan
13. Singapore
12. Fukuoka, Japan
10. Copenhagen, Denmark (tied)
10. Zürich, Switzerland (tied)
9. Munich, Germany
8. Helsinki, Finland
7. Vancouver, Canada
6. Stockholm, Sweden
5. Sydney, Australia
4. Melbourne, Australia
3. Berlin, Germany
2. Vienna, Austria
1. Tokyo, Japan

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/na...ey-2015-ranks-world-cities-livability?share=c

Well?
Another post where you come across as a bit of a British hater - tell me I'm wrong:moo:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm with you guys, Bologna, Florence, Milan all missing. And no place either for the jewel in the crown, la Serenissima!

I would exclude Florence because it's a nightmare tourist trap (and suspect the same goes for your jewel too) and, while liking big crowds as football matches, gigs and demonstrations, I'm less keen on the sort that frequent such cities.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm with you guys, Bologna, Florence, Milan all missing. And no place either for the jewel in the crown, la Serenissima!

Venice is beautiful, magical - I've spent a lot of time there, in my days as a Tour Guide. Not sure I could live there, though.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I would exclude Florence because it's a nightmare tourist trap (and suspect the same goes for your jewel too) and, while liking big crowds as football matches, gigs and demonstrations, I'm less keen on the sort that frequent such cities.

Yes, that's why I go in Jan/Feb :). The quality of light and the lack of crowds is startling.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have been to 18 of those cities (that shocked me) and eight of those are so very, very, dull!!! Much prefer London to most of them.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Amsterdam wasn't there long enough to comment. Oslo and Helsinki are the only 2 on the list that i've been to,both pretty good i'd say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here