Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great addition for the development squad. May get into the squad later this season but not going to provide any additional goals or assists (that we so desperately need).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wow. What an addition to the squad. Forgive me if I don't dance a jig.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
What was the point in laying down all the infrastructure if we're not going to capitalise on it? We were very close to being relegated last season, and it was only due to a brief honeymoon period after Sami left and other teams being slightly more inept than us that we managed to stay up.

I don't believe we should be following the likes of Middlesbrough/Derby in their reckless spending at all, but we're only going to stagnate and regress if we don't cough up for some more quality players.

Surely the only way we can be sustainable in the long run is if we take that step up, and we are not going to be able to do that without spending some money. Ultimately, the longer we stay in the Championship, the more money Mr Bloom is going to have to pump into the club to keep us afloat.

I see the infrastructure as a long term investment, it's as simple as that. Capitalizing on that will take time. Sadly, most supporters won't want to wait for that to come to fruition. So no, I don't agree that the only way of being sustainable is by getting promoted. If in 4/5 years we have 6 players in the team that are products of the academy and a few we sell on for a lot of money. That's the way I see being successful and sustainable. Promotion to the premier league may well be the ultimate target but isn't the be all and end all.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
What were you expecting then, Marco Van Basten? ???

Generally, when you say 'quality signing' you don't think of a 20 year old playing in the Finnish league.

This kid may turn out to be a great signing, but we certainly can't call him a quality first team signing just yet.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Finnish players settle well in the Uk....same mentality/attitude as our players....could be a good fit.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
What were you expecting then, Marco Van Basten? ???

Generally, when you say 'quality signing' you don't think of a 20 year old playing in the Finnish league.

This kid may turn out to be a great signing, but we certainly can't call him a quality first team signing just yet.

What he said

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

What he said

I'm not sure what you expect.

We're only ever going to get

a. up and coming promising talent

b. someone from abroad we've never heard of

c. an over priced name well past his best.

Anything in between isn't going to be coming to the Championship unless silly money is thrown at them

I'm sure the club feel they've made a quality capture. I'm sorry if you mis took my comment as a sign we would capture some super star.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor tweeted that another could be coming in. Was talking about dev squad / fringe first team, and said could be a "coup" "if it comes off".

Anyway, perhaps more singing tomorrow...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here