[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I will be very pissed off if we start playing 34 year old Bruno in midfield again. He filled a gap temporary last year but we really need to move on from that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Will we singe anyone today?

We have 5 games before the window shuts and it concerns me we have not addressed for me the key issue last season which was the quality of attacking options on the pitch. Whilst I acknowledge we have got in quality for me not in the positions where it was needed most.

Hemed we don't know enough about but even if he is the striker we have been looking for without some attacking players providing service he will cut the usual lone, frustrated sole striker figure wondering why he bothered signing for a side that cannot move the game up the pitch quickly enough to generate space for clear chances.

The worry is we get left with yet another summer where the window shuts without more business and we are then back in the loan merry go round of last season.

Will keep faith in the club that they can get at least one of the key positions (winger or creative midfielder) over the line in next two weeks but Hughtons comments this morning will draw a sigh and roll of eyes from a lot of Albion fans

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry you are going to have to tell me the regular first team players in that 8, you can't be including Kemy or Paddy surely?
Oh and take out the loan players as well as they would have left anyway

I like your thinking, don't bother to replace the players who were on high wages and shit and don't include the loan players who made up half the team which means that everything is now hunky dory ??

I will include the loan players as we need to replace them as well, hopefully not as loans though

CMS, Hughes, Bennett, Best, Halford, Texeira and Carayol as well as the two we don't need to replace if I read your thinking right.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just read Hughton's comments. Unforgivable. We have known the gaps for many months. No more excuses. Pay the money, they will come.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just read Hughton's comments. Unforgivable. We have known the gaps for many months. No more excuses. Pay the money, they will come.

You sound surprised?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It really wouldn't surprise me if that is it for so called big signings. I would have thought that we will look for a couple of ex prem loanees for the season...say a Conway type winger and a foreign midfielder like tex was.

I have heard nothing that says we are suddenly awash with money and the losses we have been making are abating.

Maybe El pres with update us all, but I have the feeling next season will be the same as the latter part of last season. Mid to bottom of the table with the occasional panic when we get a bit lower in the league, but I think we will finish mid table. If you start with that expectation, you are never dissapointed. Just mildly miffed

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I like your thinking, don't bother to replace the players who were on high wages and shit and don't include the loan players who made up half the team which means that everything is now hunky dory ??

I will include the loan players as we need to replace them as well, hopefully not as loans though

CMS, Hughes, Bennett, Best, Halford, Texeira and Carayol as well as the two we don't need to replace if I read your thinking right.

My thinking is that apart from Hughes and Tex the rest were crap, so l would rather the club got decent players in, which they have made a start with 3, yes we need at least 3/4 more, but that will take time and sorry to burst your bubble, there will be loan players coming in, it's the way most clubs operate. Oh you forgot to mention Toko another player we will miss.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Had the club signed Zamora 2 weeks ago then none of us would be as negative as we are now. We'd all be looking forward to August 7th. As it is, after the dross of last season, I'm not.

I've been a season ticket holder for many years, but if the club go about the business this year as they did last, this will be my last year. I've supported the club through relagation seasons but not been as pissed off as i am now. The club have the ability to provide us with entertainment and exitment, but instead choose to penny pinch.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Had the club signed Zamora 2 weeks ago then none of us would be as negative as we are now. We'd all be looking forward to August 7th. As it is, after the dross of last season, I'm not.

I've been a season ticket holder for many years, but if the club go about the business this year as they did last, this will be my last year. I've supported the club through relagation seasons but not been as pissed off as i am now. The club have the ability to provide us with entertainment and exitment, but instead choose to penny pinch.

Why now?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My thinking is that apart from Hughes and Tex the rest were crap, so l would rather the club got decent players in, which they have made a start with 3, yes we need at least 3/4 more, but that will take time and sorry to burst your bubble, there will be loan players coming in, it's the way most clubs operate. Oh you forgot to mention Toko another player we will miss.

My bubble has been burst since Oscar walked out, I expect mediocrity these days but live in hope of better.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'm so bored of comments like "just pay the money" or "why do we penny pinch". It's as if money grows on trees. I find it totally baffling. Go on Tony, give us another few million a year. Then next year they'd still be asking for more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I say there will be singing today despite the argus article ( which to me just states the obvious that not all transfer business will be done by Forest ).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm so bored of comments like "just pay the money" or "why do we penny pinch". It's as if money grows on trees. I find it totally baffling. Go on Tony, give us another few million a year. Then next year they'd still be asking for more.

What was the point in laying down all the infrastructure if we're not going to capitalise on it? We were very close to being relegated last season, and it was only due to a brief honeymoon period after Sami left and other teams being slightly more inept than us that we managed to stay up.

I don't believe we should be following the likes of Middlesbrough/Derby in their reckless spending at all, but we're only going to stagnate and regress if we don't cough up for some more quality players.

Surely the only way we can be sustainable in the long run is if we take that step up, and we are not going to be able to do that without spending some money. Ultimately, the longer we stay in the Championship, the more money Mr Bloom is going to have to pump into the club to keep us afloat.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Finland under-21 striker Vahid Hambo from Finnish first division side FC Inter Turku on a two-year contract - subject to international clearance.

The 20-year-old completed a medical and the necessary paperwork earlier this week, and manager Chris Hughton says the striker will add to his attacking options.

The Albion manager said, "Vahid is a centre-forward with a good goalscoring record this year in Finland - we hope that is something he can replicate here in England.

"He's a tall, powerful player, and he is someone we see as adding to our attacking options - but he's a young player, and someone we would see as an option within the squad at this stage.

"I want to see him pushing for a place in the squad at some stage this season, but it's likely he will begin by playing some games for our under-21 side to help him make the transition to English football."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...nder-21-star-2563347.aspx#trIvMdeI3At4tvvI.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports