Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were no more signings before the start of the season. It would be the usual piss poor approach the club tends to adopt at this time of the year. I think we've just got to put up with it folks. I no longer expect anything different. Words, after all, are cheaper than signings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's funny how you read something and then put your own spin on it. I read the article and the quote is "May Spill over into the new season" so now some people on here read it and turn it into the squad won't be complete, funny how some interpret information. My view is that the squad won't be complete, for the simple reason is that he will get a few players in on loan, and in the meantime I expect a couple of signings before the forest game.

That's pretty much what I got out of it. We were always going to get two or three in on loan, we always do, but the key thing is to not have loans as the spine of the team. At the time of writing we could field this as non loan, no additional new signings versus Forest:

Stockkers / Maenpa

Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Bruno Crofts Kayal KLL
Baldock
Hemed

Compare that to what we sent out against Wednesday last season:
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Hughes Calderon (much weaker)
Ince Forster-Caskey Crofts (a three we could still field)
KLL Fenelon O'Grady (much weaker)

Frankly the article isn't totally unexpected but there is no way we are in as bad a position as this time last season.

EDIT - Dunk's medical at Fulham is taking a while isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's pretty much what I got out of it. We were always going to get two or three in on loan, we always do, but the key thing is to not have loans as the spine of the team. At the time of writing we could field this as non loan, no additional new signings versus Forest:

Stockkers / Maenpa

Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Bruno Crofts Kayal KLL
Baldock
Hemed

Stockdale

Frankly the article isn't totally unexpected but there is no way we are in as bad a position as this time last season.

We do have what looks like a decent first team, it's the depth that is piss poor

I am assuming the three new outfield players are good :smile:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There were some sources that suggested a Marquee Signing yesterday evening but it wasn't announced.

Expect a big one today, unexpected, not predicted and as big as anything in the last ten years.

This will show the true intent

We are going up!
I'll have some of what you're smoking!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Stockkers / Maenpa

Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Bruno Crofts Kayal KLL
Baldock
Hemed

Stockdale

So when you say "much weaker" you mean this season we've signed the left back earlier and have a different forward up front that none of us know much about. Nice spin there, you mates with Barber?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We do have what looks like a decent first team, it's the depth that is piss poor

Not sure on that team above . Can't see the goals in it even if hemed proves to be decent . That side above I suspect is lower half but we shall see.

Worth noting of that side it's looking increasingly likely Greer and crofts won't be ready

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agree with this. The depth is not good enough and the new signings need to be decent. Taking players that I've seen / know (Kayal and Rosenior) we are targeting quality rather than quantity and that's why it's probably taking so long.

So when you say "much weaker" you mean this season we've signed the left back earlier and have a different forward up front that none of us know much about. Nice spin there, you mates with Barber?

Quite the opposite. Ask [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

You've missed the point by a mile though. Even if Bong gets injured we could start with Rosenior at LB and drop Bruno or Calde in to RB with Stephens, Ince or JFC to come in to the midfield position I nominally had Bruno in. The chances of us starting with Lua Lua, Fenelon and O'Grady up front are zero. And we have have a coach with Championship experience who predominately knows the English game. That's not spin, those are facts.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just out of interest, how many championship sides have signed 6 new players this window? How many have signed 3 or more? And how many have signed less?

No idea but maybe you can tell me how many lost 8 (?) first team players at the end of last season and have only replaced 3 so far?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure on that team above . Can't see the goals in it even if hemed proves to be decent . That side above I suspect is lower half but we shall see.

Worth noting of that side it's looking increasingly likely Greer and crofts won't be ready

My expectations are bottom half of the table, in fact anything above the bottom three and I believe the first team is capable of that :smile:

I think anyone who is expecting us to challenge, based on what we have now, is going to be disappointed again.

As it appears that we may be going a month into the season to bolster the team with loans again, we could be out of touch by the end of September

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
How many sides stayed up last year despite being total shithouse?

The ones Lucky enough not to go down, last season is gone and we move on. It's about getting the right players in, not when you get them, it's about having a decent manager who will get the best out of the players he has got. Most people think that we needed at least 6 players, that's a big ask in one window to find 6 Quality players and then persuade them to come here. I think we have made a good start and yes we do need the rest in asap, but you have to hope that the manager has got more about him, then he showed at the end of last season and can pull the team together.

Stumpy Tim

Stockkers / Maenpa

Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Bruno Crofts Kayal KLL
Baldock
Hemed

Stockdale

Or:
Stockkers / Maenpa
Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Ince Kayal
March Stephens Baldock
Hemed

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Will we singe anyone today?

No idea but maybe you can tell me how many lost 8 (?) first team players at the end of last season and have only replaced 3 so far?

Sorry you are going to have to tell me the regular first team players in that 8, you can't be including Kemy or Paddy surely?
Oh and take out the loan players as well as they would have left anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here