Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don't know if this old news as been at work all day and just got in but just seen this on Cardiff site.

Re: " KADEEM HARRIS JOINS CARDIFF CITY "
by Forever Blue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

ejS wrote:
Cardiff City have today signed Wycombe Wanderers winger Kadeem Harris on a three and half year deal.

The highly rated 18 year old midfielder, known for his attacking quality and pace, has signed on an undisclosed fee from the Chairboys. He has now travelled back home and will link up with the squad from Wednesday after our trip to Southampton on Tuesday night.

We beat of Chelsea and Fulham to sign Harris.

The deal is believed to be worth £250,000.

Also we have now offered £1 mill and £500,000 add ons for Noone, fingers crossed.

Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere.

Snap their fuckin fingers off at this price! Love to see him stay, but i dont think we can guarentee 1st team footie at the Amex...whereas its pretty obvious Cardiff need a decent winger after watching the performance against Palace!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Snap their fuckin fingers off at this price! Love to see him stay, but i dont think we can guarentee 1st team footie at the Amex...whereas its pretty obvious Cardiff need a decent winger after watching the performance against Palace!

Love the guy, he has been a first class entertainer and so popular at BHAFC but, as you say if that sort of deal is up for grabs ????

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Love the guy, he has been a first class entertainer and so popular at BHAFC but, as you say if that sort of deal is up for grabs ????

I agree bud, a lovely lad, and quite obvious he loves it down here, but if CCFC offer him stupid money, he has to think about it, after all, a pro players career can be very short. But his tweets after the cup drawer were brilliant...hope he stays where he's appreciated!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why do we snap their fingers off? Who do you suggest we buy with the money? He ain't perfect but he's still learning and gives an option we don't have, even with everyone fit

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why do we snap their fingers off? Who do you suggest we buy with the money? He ain't perfect but he's still learning and gives an option we don't have, even with everyone fit

Not saying i want him to go bud, a fantastic talent, just saying at that kinda fee we could strengthen elsewhere, like i said..i think he'll stay! Maybe it would fund a move for Reyes? Just saying, i want him to stay like most on here, but 1 million or nr would be good business imo.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What would Jason Puncheon cost to replace him or as has been suggested Peter Lovenkrands on loan.

Puncheon is a bit of a pre madonna by all accounts, a saints fan i know says he refused to play one day, hence his hasty loan. Not well liked at St Marys, type of player that would clash with Gus me thinks!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What would Jason Puncheon cost to replace him or as has been suggested Peter Lovenkrands on loan.

I think this is a good call. I think £1.5m for Noone, then Puncheon for £400k, would represent good business. I do love Noone, but I also loved Elliott a lot more.........

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
1 million or near?......let him go...great bit of business...saying that, i think he'll stay. If not, good luck to the lad.

And to be honest...the Vokes deal is far more important imo....this could be a great signing, Noone or no Noone...take the cash! If it was Will they were after, i'd be far more concerned!
I don't think its a great bit of business,we have 4 wingers and all 4 are injured a bloody lot and noone out of the 4 is normally very reliable and he still has great potential.If we sell noone that leaves us with lua lua(injured a lot)and buckley(only just started to get some games in)and vincente(say no more).

You will struggle to find a half decent championship winger for 500k-1 million these days,its important we keep him here as we have to many sick note wingers.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I REALLY, REALLLLLLLY do not want Nooney to go. I hope he is reading this too.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

But just been reading their site again and they think it's not going to happen now. He doesn't want to come. Had enough of this now, Glad when midnight comes tomorrow.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
BBC Sport - Kadeem Harris joins Cardiff City from Wycombe Wanderers

Cardiff City have signed Wycombe Wanderers winger Kadeem Harris for an undisclosed fee.

The 18-year-old has established himself in the Wycombe team this season, making 17 appearances in League One.

Harris, who has signed a three-and-a-half year contract, won League Two's apprentice of the year award for the 2010-11 season.

"It's a good deal for all parties," Wycombe manager Gary Waddock told the club's website.

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay has made signing a winger a priority in the January transfer window.

He has failed in his attempts to prize Craig Noone from Brighton, while a bid for Blackpool's wide man Matt Phillips has also been rejected.

Well? Could just be referring to the initial bid.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
BBC Sport - Kadeem Harris joins Cardiff City from Wycombe Wanderers

Cardiff City have signed Wycombe Wanderers winger Kadeem Harris for an undisclosed fee.

The 18-year-old has established himself in the Wycombe team this season, making 17 appearances in League One.

Harris, who has signed a three-and-a-half year contract, won League Two's apprentice of the year award for the 2010-11 season.

"It's a good deal for all parties," Wycombe manager Gary Waddock told the club's website.

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay has made signing a winger a priority in the January transfer window.

He has failed in his attempts to prize Craig Noone from Brighton, while a bid for Blackpool's wide man Matt Phillips has also been rejected.

Well? Could just be referring to the initial bid.

Let's hope not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can they attempt to "prize" Noone from Brighton.

The state of grammar in this country makes me WEEP.

WEEP I tells ya.

Bluebird1711

Jan 30, 2012
Hi guys, before I go any further....I AM NOT TRYING TO WIND YOU UP, only passing on information. This is the latest post about Noone from a guy called Carl Curtis who has very good inside information on all that goes on in our club.

I'm not for one minute saying that we will sign Noone, I don't know, all I am saying is that this post from Carl is probably the facts as they stand.

We all know that transfer dealings are about bluff & double bluff. Personally I would love to see the guy at our club, but if we fail in our bid I wish Craig and all of you all the best for the remainder of the season.

And BTW.....don't slate us too hard.....we did stop Palarse in their tracks for you.....oh...and for ourselves LOL. :cheers:

"THE LATEST ON TRANSFERS

Postby carlccfc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I have just had a call to say the Noone deal is very much alive, despite Poyet's claims that no improved offer has been made I am assured that City thought the deal was going to be completed on Saturday, there is a lot of jostling and poker playing from both sides aiming to get the best deal for their respective clubs plus the agent for the player trying to get the best deal for his player.

As one of the irons in the fire I can tell you that Johnny Russell of Dundee Utd is one of those and City could make the move to get him if the Noone deal goes pear shaped. Dundee Utd are apparently seeking £1.5million for Russell.

As for the striker I am told that a deal with a Premier League club hinges on whether or not that particular Premier League side are able to bring in a striker themselves before releasing one to us.

Rob Earnshaw is travelling with the squad to Southampton but if City are successful in bringing in another striker then Earnie will be allowed to leave whether on loan or a permanent transfer but will only happen if we secure the services of another striker.

Just want to add as well that Scannell and Vaz Te are not targets of Malky, I am told"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here