Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Don't get me wrong, I understand why the elderly are being prioritised here. It's just that the first recipient of the vaccine is symbolic and their identity will be remembered. Choosing someone who has a significantly higher risk of death by natural causes at any given moment than a much younger person just seems like a bit of a risk to public trust in the vaccine, should that happen (and again, I sincerely hope it doesn't).

Erm...best not tell the anti-vaxxers about this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-57234741

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
2nd Oxford one in yesterday morning, bit disappointed it wasn't at the Oval Cricket Ground again but I guess Battersea Arts Centre will have to do.

I will remember I ended up having my vaccines at the very places we were banned from going to.

No side effects at all, in fact I've been painting walls all day.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The first of my 2 AZ vaccine doses is from a batch the EU doesn't recognise for its vaccine passport.

They object to batches 4120Z001, 4120Z002, and 4120Z003.

Not cool.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The first of my 2 AZ vaccine doses is from a batch the EU doesn't recognise for its vaccine passport.

Not cool.

The EMA don’t recognise it as a valid vaccine, but 9 European countries have said they will. I think the others will follow suit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Not cool.

its a disappointing move. they seem to have used a technicality that its a different "brand" so should be approved separately. last month they sought a court order to insist all AstraZeneca production, by various subcontractors, worldwide should be used to full-fill their contracts. now they want to block one.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
its a disappointing move. they seem to have used a technicality that its a different "brand" so should be approved separately. last month they sought a court order to insist all AstraZeneca production, by various subcontractors, worldwide should be used to full-fill their contracts. now they want to block one.
It seems strange that a few months ago they were sueing AstraZeneca, demanding that all their worldwide production should be diverted to the EU. Now they are saying that large chunks of that worldwide production are too dangerous to let into the country, even after injection into someone else's body. It sometimes gets quite hard to think of the EU as a friendly power that is doing its best to be nice.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just seen that the UK got 3 batches are of the Indian AZ - COVIDSHIELD vaccine, which I gather is the main reason the WHO wont recognise AZ as a legit vaccine.

This might sound daft but the two batch numbers on my vaccine card have PV in front, does that mean they are not frim the 3 COVIDSHIELD batches? Which I see online are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just seen that the UK got 3 batches are of the Indian AZ - COVIDSHIELD vaccine, which I gather is the main reason the WHO wont recognise AZ as a legit vaccine.

This might sound daft but the two batch numbers on my vaccine card have PV in front, does that mean they are not frim the 3 COVIDSHIELD batches? Which I see online are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.
My 1st AZ dose was one of these :facepalm:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
My 1st AZ dose was one of these :facepalm:

Sorry to hear that, mate. It's an absolute p!sstake this has happened.

Does your vaccine card have the batch number on it, or did you download the app?

I find it strange some batches like mine have PV in front and then some dont have any numerical numbers at all. I'm trying to figure out if me or any of my family had one of the 3 batches.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Javid says the Indian version of the AstraZeneca, Covishield, has not been used in the UK. He says the government is having “intensive discussions” with its EU partners to make them aware of this

As per the Guaridan.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So why has it been widely reported that batches: 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003 are the COVIDSHIELD variety? I can't see it puts people like [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] for example at ease, who have had these batches.

No idea. I also had one of the affected batches.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So why has it been widely reported that batches: 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003 are the COVIDSHIELD variety? I can't see it puts people like [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] for example at ease, who have had these batches.

"Covisheild" isn't a different variety, it's just a different brand name. Confusion has arisen because the AZ vaccine has yet to get approval as being marketed as "Covisheild" in the EU.

Both the EU and the Government are being mildly disingenuous about the whole thing in their statements.

The Indian company didn't rush to get EU approval for the marketing because presumably it's main markets are elsewhere. The UK however bought large batches from the Company to top up it's identical supplies.

It all comes down to a non existent label on a bottle and the whole thing is ridiculous. Should be sorted soon though..

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
"Covisheild" isn't a different variety, it's just a different brand name. Confusion has arisen because the AZ vaccine has yet to get approval as being marketed as "Covisheild" in the EU.

Both the EU and the Government are being mildly disingenuous about the whole thing in their statements.

The Indian company didn't rush to get EU approval for the marketing because presumably it's main markets are elsewhere. The UK however bought large batches from the Company to top up it's identical supplies.

It all comes down to a non existent label on a bottle and the whole thing is ridiculous. Should be sorted soon though..

I thought it came down to the COVIDSHIELD turning out to be only 40% effective? F*ck knows guess it will have to wait and play out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here