Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just been offered my 2nd dose 9 weeks after the 1st.

I assume there is no point in holding out for a 12 week gap ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just been offered my 2nd dose 9 weeks after the 1st.

I assume there is no point in holding out for a 12 week gap ?

Mine is also 9 weeks after. No hesitation from me. I believe 9-12 was the general window for second doses, so 9 will be fine. Great that we are reaching this stage in such timely fashion

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So I'm 39 and currently booked in for my first jab next Thursday.

In light of today's AZ announcement, does anyone know if I will now be offered an alternative vaccine on the day? Or will it be a case of me making a choice whether I want the AZ jab then or waiting till they have stock of an alternative? Don't know whether I should call the surgery and see if they're still going ahead.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm struggling to book a vaccination - got the text on Friday 30 April but the only reasonable booking slot I've found so far is in Crawley (Maidenbower) on 27 May - this is having checked several times every day since. The next nearest are 20+ miles away from HH in Surrey, Kent, Eastbourne or London. Is it just me or is there a problem in Mid/West Sussex?

same for me , nearest is 16 miles away.

Holding off until that changes

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sorry - to update, I managed to get a booking for Crawley Hospital (which is close enough) this afternoon, with the second already booked at the same place in 11 weeks.

Having received no reminders about my first appointment after booking online, I've just received confirmation of my second appointment:

• 5 identical text messages, and
  • 10 identical emails

all at the same time. Something tells me there's a bug in the system somewhere...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Screenshot 2021-05-17 06.58.52.png

:clap2:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When it comes to uptake on the vaccine it would appear we are world beating.

Bottom of the pile Hong Kong.

Capture.PNG

Jan 30, 2008
When it comes to uptake on the vaccine it would appear we are world beating.

Bottom of the pile Hong Kong.

View attachment 136806

Really ? How about the Pakistani ,Indian and Bangladeshi communities in the North west where the Indian variant is escalating and the vaccine take up has been poor ,I heard a box ticker on the radio saying we shouldn't be criticising them but why wouldn't you?
Regards
DF

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It has been reported that the surge of cases requiring hospitalisation in Bolton are predominantly in cadres that have been called for vaccination - but who have refused to have it.

Is there not a case for charging the selfish ****wits who have refused the vaccine for the cost of their hospital care?

Their selfish attitude has resulted in more covid admissions meaning that the NHS is further setback in treating those with other ailments and conditions that require hospital treatment.

Maybe if they thought there would be a finanicial penalty they would reconsider the "Bill Gates is trying to control my mind" nonsense and other spurious, irrelevant and fanciful reasons for not getting jabbed up.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not a Royalist by any means, but I must admit to finding it heartwarming that Prince William only had his jab today. In what other country would the future king have waited his turn and not been vaccinated earlier than others of his age?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a Royalist by any means, but I must admit to finding it heartwarming that Prince William only had his jab today. In what other country would the future king have waited his turn and not been vaccinated earlier than others of his age?

I think its the case in constitutional monarchies tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here