Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The twat next to me today !

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Lucky you were not on the right hand side where some idiot was used the C word at least 5 million times. And was being extreamly racist to top it all off.

I dont mind swearing and swore myself a few times today, but I must of been near where you were and using the c word every sentence followed by you f***ing black c,you f***ing n****r was the worse i've heard at a Albion game, at least they vanished after half an hour, hopefully they got arrested!!!!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Indeed, and I would support that too. Then, as I implied in my post, everyone's a winner, as people would be more likely to have like-minded people around them.

also may i add that people could not stand in the family areas too-yep i like it

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
When i was 16 and my dad took me to football (i am also female) i wouldhave given the guy in front a run for his money ... Now im older i try to be careful of who is around me i.e children, however, when Harley missed the pen at millwall a little C word slipped out regardless ...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
When i was 16 and my dad took me to football (i am also female) i wouldhave given the guy in front a run for his money ... Now im older i try to be careful of who is around me i.e children, however, when Harley missed the pen at millwall a little C word slipped out regardless ...

Your female-watch it the NSC daft bints society will be after your membership...:lolol:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Now im older i try to be careful of who is around me i.e children

I wish everyone was as conscientious as you!

But... with distinct areas for families as well as the 'rowdies', even you wouldn't have to think about being careful. Again, everyone would be winners.

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton

But... with distinct areas for families as well as the 'rowdies', even you wouldn't have to think about being careful. Again, everyone would be winners.

It works at the Amex to be fair, Altho i cant see this happening at away games ... Too much effort for clubs!

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton

Altho there is a few grounds which cater for both familys and drunkards, ipswich being one.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
It works at the Amex to be fair, Altho i cant see this happening at away games ... Too much effort for clubs!

I know it works at the Amex for us BHA fans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the away section at the Amex has separate areas for families...?

The point is, why not? Why would it be "too much effort for clubs" to sort it out. It would probably be for their benefit in the long run. When I went with my family (and other families) to the Twenty20 finals day at the Rose Bowl last year, they managed to sort out a family area. So why couldn't football clubs regularly do the same??

Last edited:

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
I know it works at the Amex for us BHA fans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the away section at the Amex has separate areas for families...?

The point is, why not? Why would it be "too much effort for clubs" to sort it out. It would probably be for their benefit in the long run.

No Amex away end doesn't have family area, I think the amount of Kids/Younger people at away matches depends on travel and the day of the fixture.
I saw no kids at Watford or Millwall, and i doubt as many kids will be traveling up for MBoro away,
There was going to be an understandable more amount of kids today as it was only 2 hours on the train.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
No Amex away end doesn't have family area, I think the amount of Kids/Younger people at away matches depends on travel and the day of the fixture.
I saw no kids at Watford or Millwall, and i doubt as many kids will be traveling up for MBoro away,
There was going to be an understandable more amount of kids today as it was only 2 hours on the train.

I agree with all that, but the point still remains... Why couldn't/shouldn't clubs, including BHA, have a family-friendly area within the away section of their stadiums?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
BHA on the blower ... as we speak, Gus Poyet says "its complaicated"

Meerkats on the blower ... As we speak, Sergei says "It's simples"... ;-)

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Why couldn't it just be as simple as allocate tickets to people that have bought/ordered any Under 18 or 16 tickets on one side (or one area) of the away section, and the other side/sections if you haven't.

I'm no ticketing expert, so I'm prepared to listen to those with more knowledge/experience, but at the moment I just can't see how some form of family allocation can't be sorted out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hi,
I took my daughter to her first game today,on hindsight maybe I should of taken her to the AMEX but the occasion was too big to miss and as I rarely see her now I thought it would be a nice day out-how wrong ! The journey on the train was a laugh and she was soon getting attention from fans and was pleasant it just this twat in the ground who has put her of for life. We sat in the away end in the left hand corner behind the goal and all was going fine until this guy appeared and within minutes of claiming his seat was given verbal abuse to the Southampton fans,nowt much wrong with that just that it was more or less constant and I dont think he was seriously there to watch the game-he seemed to pinpoint out a certain individual then out came the C word,OK I can stomach that just when you have a 16 year old with you it's a bit strong-I could see she was getting uncomfortable with the situation and looked shocked-guess we were unlucky to be next to him. My friend in front was getting irate with him to and told me if it continued he was going to deck him.Such a shame as apart from that she enjoyed her day.What is it with these people ?
Sorry to hear you had a bad time, I guess that's the chance you take when you go to an away game.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I guess that's the chance you take when you go to an away game.

But (and I'm not aiming this specifically at you, MacK)... Why should it down to "chance"? Why can't this acceptance be changed? Why can't some 'clever bods' design a ticket allocation system to cope with people's differing expectations of what "the away match experience" should be like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here