Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The twat next to me today !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The poster said constant ..and obviously if u read the post it wasn't just his daughter who was uncomfortable

Can't have been that bad,the op said his mate was going to deck him if he continued,obviously no arrest was made or ejection,well it was not mentioned in the post.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mmmm Saints away. Jesus f***ing wept what a f***ing bunch we are.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
The language isn't too wholesome at away games, and my 8 year old had her first taste at Pompey ths year. She didn't enjoy the atmosphere at Fratton but loves the Amex, so she is just doing home Games now.

Football is not the theatre Royal, and there will be intimidating hostile and rude language used at away games. If you don't enjoy it then you don't go, but it shouldn't be changed for any reason or anyone, as that is what football is.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
The poster said constant ..and obviously if u read the post it wasn't just his daughter who was uncomfortable

I'm with you Sir, it sounds like the op was sat next to someone who was far more interested in slagging off the opposition than watching the game and supporting the team. We've all been there and it is very tiresome and distracting. It's a sad fact that some "people" go to the football ostensibly to engage in tribal posturing rather than to enjoy (or otherwise) the game. In my book, they are not welcome.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I'm with you Sir, it sounds like the op was sat next to someone who was far more interested in slagging off the opposition than watching the game and supporting the team. We've all been there and it is very tiresome and distracting. It's a sad fact that some "people" go to the football ostensibly to engage in tribal posturing rather than to enjoy (or otherwise) the game. In my book, they are not welcome.

football.bmp

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
How many of those of you who have made sarcastic and/or opposing comments to the OP have got children of, let's say, match-attending age...?

If so, do you bring your children to matches? And do you mind your children hearing all that sort of language?

If you haven't got children of that age, let me know when you have, and I'll shout and swear and behave threateningly in front of them, and see how they (and you, and your missus) like it. Only then will you really realise the effect it has on them.

You could also join me in 'campaigning' for distinct family areas for away fans at all grounds, instead of 'lumping' everyone together randomly wherever the ticketing computer happens to put you. Then, everyone will be more likely to be able to enjoy the game in the way they want to.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How many of those of you who have made sarcastic and/or opposing comments to the OP have got children of, let's say, match-attending age...?

If so, do you bring your children to matches? And do you mind your children hearing all that sort of language?

If you haven't got children of that age, let me know when you have, and I'll shout and swear and behave threateningly in front of them, and see how they (and you, and your missus) like it. Only then will you really realise the effect it has on them.

You could also join me in 'campaigning' for distinct family areas for away fans at all grounds, instead of 'lumping' everyone together randomly wherever the ticketing computer happens to put you. Then, everyone will be more likely to be able to enjoy the game in the way they want to.

Fortunately for me my Girls 1st and last match was on a cold evening match in 2008 at Withdean-put her off for life..

I don't agree with swearing in the main and would not like my 13 year old daughter to swear,however i swear in front of her when i can and as i like,it's helping her as she will hear far worse outside the family walls-if i took her to an away match she would be under no doubt as to what to expect,i will tell her what people are like.

I would also join you in the family thing,and also the reverse of this-areas with NO UNDER 14's allowed,swearing permitted areas too.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
The problem with away matches is nobody gets to choice where they sit. At home if you sit in the north stand you know what to expect. At a sold out away match you can end up with your kids next to a bunch of geezers enjoying a rowdy sat afternoon. I think you just have to give these away matches a miss if you think you or the kids are going to be a bit offended.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not good I agree. But on a lighter note with the youth today perhaps she was surprised to here an adult use it...........and not one of her peers.

Hasten to add I'm a father and bring the kids (3 are now adults!!)

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
The problem with away matches is nobody gets to choice where they sit. At home if you sit in the north stand you know what to expect. At a sold out away match you can end up with your kids next to a bunch of geezers enjoying a rowdy sat afternoon. I think you just have to give these away matches a miss if you think you or the kids are going to be a bit offended.

Why should I miss out on games like today's just because of some idiotic, mindless, numbskull knobheads?

Grow some backbone man, and join me in trying to do something about it... See above post.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I would also join you in the family thing,and also the reverse of this-areas with NO UNDER 14's allowed,swearing permitted areas too.

Indeed, and I would support that too. Then, as I implied in my post, everyone's a winner, as people would be more likely to have like-minded people around them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here