Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Tunnel Club

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what do the players do in the tunnel that’s particularly worth watching? I’ve seen the videos of them coming back through the tunnel after a win…it’s cool, but the video is enough for me.
I imagine it’s a novelty to be that close to the players. But after a few games surely the novelty of teams line up on the other side of a window will diminish? And most regular supporters would surely see all the food and fuss, week in week out, more of a burden than a match day enhancement?

As a one-off I think it’s great, especially when a scotch egg and free fizz is thrown in, so I guess it’s mainly businesses for which this is superb entertainment and hospitality for clients/guests.

On that note, If anyone wants to entertain me, please DM. In return I can offer my usual astute, objective and balanced political comment, a review of the food and drink and a uninformed opinion on absolutely any topic.

PS do they have a coat rail down there?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I imagine it’s a novelty to be that close to the players. But after a few games surely the novelty of teams line up on the other side of a window will diminish? And most regular supporters would surely see all the food and fuss, week in week out, more of a burden than a match day enhancement?

As a one-off I think it’s great, especially when a scotch egg and free fizz is thrown in, so I guess it’s mainly businesses for which this is superb entertainment and hospitality for clients/guests.

On that note, If anyone wants to entertain me, please DM. In return I can offer my usual astute, objective and balanced political comment, a review of the food and drink and a uniformed opinion on absolutely any topic.

You won't be wanted there as a no Tote Bag policy

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
On that note, If anyone wants to entertain me, please DM. In return I can offer my usual astute, objective and balanced political comment, a review of the food and drink and a uniformed opinion on absolutely any topic.

Is this why you need a coat rail? For the costume changes?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can anyone tell us what the five-course dining menu designed by Masterchef winner Steven Edwards was?
I suspect it's actually a three-course meal with additional amuse-bouche or petit fours etc...

Edwards's menu will focus on refined British dishes similar to those served at his flagship Etch restaurant in Hove with three options for starter, main and dessert available per sitting.​
Dishes will include slow-cooked Trenchmore beef rump with poached and roasted salsify, salsify crisps and chicory jam; Marmite bread with seaweed butter; and Valrhona chocolate crémeux with coriander ice cream and burnt local honey.​

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Are press areas usually in such a good section of the stadium? I remember thinking at the time the AMEX opened the press section took up a lot of prime seating. Is it like this at other grounds?
The majority of clubs seat the press centrally in grounds for obvious reasons. Most grounds have the press under cover. We don't. I sit level with the press about 4 rows back from the front of their area and on occasions, with the wind blowing in the wrong direction, we get rained on. Not soaked admittedly but enough for people to put hoods up. The press in those lower rows have to cover up their equipment.
So, it wasn't a brilliant location in the first place but was the only place they could go centrally, taking into account......
1) The Directors Box
2) The 1901 club
3) Hopitality boxes
4) Extended lower area of the 1901 club.
The introduction of The Tunnel Club now forces the press into the corners of their area and some are still going to get wet.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I suppose you could try and get a season ticket for Fulham’s new Riverside Stand - nice view of the Thames if you get bored with the match. :drink:
Good point, well made. However, it's sold out. (Yes, I'm shocked and slightly disgusted as well). But at least I now have the ammunition to respond to any of my Albion mates who mock me for the £3k season tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The majority of clubs seat the press centrally in grounds for obvious reasons. Most grounds have the press under cover. We don't. I sit level with the press about 4 rows back from the front of their area and on occasions, with the wind blowing in the wrong direction, we get rained on. Not soaked admittedly but enough for people to put hoods up. The press in those lower rows have to cover up their equipment.
So, it wasn't a brilliant location in the first place but was the only place they could go centrally, taking into account......
1) The Directors Box
2) The 1901 club
3) Hopitality boxes
4) Extended lower area of the 1901 club.
The introduction of The Tunnel Club now forces the press into the corners of their area and some are still going to get wet.
I guess it is too late now but they could have relocated it to the middle of the east upper when that was built/opened. This would have been better for a number of reasons.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
what do the players do in the tunnel that’s particularly worth watching? I’ve seen the videos of them coming back through the tunnel after a win…it’s cool, but the video is enough for me.
You might get a brawl between opposing players or managers !!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like we gifted a ‘vlogger’ 2 seats on Saturday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just saw this on Instagram. Brighton paid a famous influencer guy to review the Tunnel Club

Yeah, he's the guy I posted the twitter post/photo from earlier. I've been waiting for the YT video to be published - he usually takes 3-4 days to get them out - they are longer than the IG versions.. He was also at Chelsea v Liverpool yesterday.

He's reviewed Mullery's previously...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I guess it is too late now but they could have relocated it to the middle of the east upper when that was built/opened. This would have been better for a number of reasons.
Wouldn’t be any good for TV commentators unfortunately as the cameras need to be on the West side because of the sun. Sitting in the East, the teams would appear to be playing in the opposite direction on the monitors, which would be very confusing. Not ideal for press either, when it comes to checking replays.

Edit: thinking about it, the TV commentators are in the top tier so not affected - but still applies to the written media. They’d also need to reposition all the behind the scenes facilities, so there are logistical issues. The media being on a different side to the dressing rooms would be a ballache for everyone, including managers/players.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I mean I could nowhere near afford it, maybe for a special occasion but I'd rather go on holiday for £500 or an actual Michelin star restaurant. However it does look like a nice service and facilities from that video. The new players tunnel looks extremely fancy, must have invested a few bob into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here