The truth will be told

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Journalists are being restricted from the info they're allowed to know and release. It's not uncommon for journalists to have their laptops confiscated from officials at airports.

I'm genuinely interested to know about that. I would imagine that journalists are restricted to some extent, as a matter of security. Where is this documented about laptop confiscations?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Are they? What all of them? I like your last statement though, very vague and non specific much like most of everything else you post I have to say.

What's with the analytical boring bullshit? Do you copy and paste what other users type at me too?
Here's one example, it's from the BBC so it must be true right?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23776243

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I quite liked that.

It was a Lion not a tiger. Glad you liked it though.

The last 2 sentences couldn't be more true, look at the responses since!

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm genuinely interested to know about that. I would imagine that journalists are restricted to some extent, as a matter of security. Where is this documented about laptop confiscations?

Now I've documented to you what you are 'genuinely interested' in. Any chance of answering my earlier question I asked you?
Why do you think Mainstream news is so much more reliable?

A debate or discussion isn't just about asking questions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

my thought is that you are taking one single instance, where btw the authorities knew someone was in contact with someone known to be holding sensitive information, and extrapolating that out to being "not uncommon". when evidently it is uncommon otherwise there wouldnt be such a furore about that incident. you cant claim that it goes on all the time unreported, as this is evidence it is reported. and your statement is a contradiction anyway, if journalists are restricted they would know not to release sensitive information, so confiscation would be unnecessary.

whats next?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
my thought is that you are taking one single instance, where btw the authorities knew someone was in contact with someone known to be holding sensitive information, and extrapolating that out to being "not uncommon". when evidently it is uncommon otherwise there wouldnt be such a furore about that incident. you cant claim that it goes on all the time unreported, as this is evidence it is reported. and your statement is a contradiction anyway, if journalists are restricted they would know not to release sensitive information, so confiscation would be unnecessary.

whats next?

So are you claiming this was just a one off? If so, what makes you so sure this has never happened before or since?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So why did you want me to translate and summarise the picture below in one sentence then?
Don't give me your "I like a debate" crap. You like to play the role of the devils advocate, simply because that's the only way you know how to debate. You don't research any of this stuff but yet you debate it like you know best. The making of a moron.

When you debate, is t

Rubbish I do investigate and I form an opinion. Example Sandy Hook & the Boston bombing looked staged and I believe that no one was killed or wounded.

So don’t give me your BS about what I should or should not believe or trust, you have not got a clue about my opinion because you don’t want to hear what it is.

You clearly didn't bother to read my last post because you are too wrapped up in your own mind.

What are you arguing about again ???

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Journalists are being restricted from the info they're allowed to know and release. It's not uncommon for journalists to have their laptops confiscated from officials at airports.

You said it was 'not uncommon'.

Yes there was the well documented occurrence of laptop confiscation around the leaking of the Snowden documents - I accept that. Since then, there has been a reasonable level of debate around this in the public domain, reasonable because it has been unusual to have so much input from the intelligence agencies.

However, statistically these isolated cases do not make it a common occurrence. If anything, the fallout from the confiscation of the laptop highlights that this isn't a common occurrence.

So statistically - where's the evidence that this is 'not an uncommon occurrence'?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Rubbish I do investigate and I form an opinion. Example Sandy Hook & the Boston bombing looked staged and I believe that no one was killed or wounded.

So don’t give me your BS about what I should or should not believe or trust, you have got a clue about my opinion because you don’t want to hear what it is.

You clearly didn't bothered to read my last post because you are too wrapped up in your own mind.

What are you arguing about again ???

Chill out. Your post completely contradicts your point.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You said it was 'not uncommon'.

Yes there was the well documented occurrence of laptop confiscation around the leaking of the Snowden documents - I accept that. Since then, there has been a reasonable level of debate around this in the public domain, reasonable because it has been unusual to have so much input from the intelligence agencies.

However, statistically these isolated cases do not make it a common occurrence. If anything, the fallout from the confiscation of the laptop highlights that this isn't a common occurrence.

So statistically - where's the evidence that this is 'not an uncommon occurrence'?

Where's the evidence to prove it is an uncommon occurrence?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So are you claiming this was just a one off? If so, what makes you so sure this has never happened before or since?

no, that would be a daft assumption to make from the information. i'm claiming that one highly publised incident doesn't mean it common, which is your claim.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It quite clearly says Tiger. Anyway, I thought it had a touch of the Cantona's about it.

Sorry, my mistake Tiger not lion. Cantona? I'd go for Zidane world cup final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports