Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Toilet Roll crisis reaches new heights in Australia

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is anyone can be bothered there's a top trolling opportunity here.
Film yourself setting fire to a massive pile of loo roll, using the KLF excuse that it's in the name of art. Twitter would lose it's shit!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've been to Sydney and surrounding areas twice. First time to visit my daughter who was working out there at the time. I was amazed by how fat people were, Neighbours and Home and Away created an impression that everyone was a Adonis that drank apple juice and ate healthily. Also in 2012 Australia was the most obese nation pro rata. In 2017 when I went back on holiday things had not improved.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

yep there are a lot of fat , stupid people in Australia ....kfc , maccas, burger king/hungry jacks, krispy ****ing creme donuts have a lot to answer for , you are not allowed to point out that perhaps a salad might be a better option than 2 pies and a litre of chocolate milk for lunch followed by a snickers and a couple of fags ......during recent visits to hospital after surgery i was amazed to see mainstream tv on in waiting rooms ....people sitting there with catheters and colostomy bags and some twatt on the telly box informing them that they can get a cheese burger , fries and coke for 5 bucks .....i actually questioned the secretary as to the choice of viewing....she looked at me like i had just suggested she fellate me....:shrug: it really is a strange world we live in .....Oz is very Americanised in it's advertising approach.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Panic buying here is making us sensible types having to try and save some for when we cannot get any.
I managed to pick up a pack of 24 and 2 x packs of 9 this morning without any trouble, this brings my total at home to about 60 rolls.
Sounds a lot, but there are 5 adults living here and 3 of them are women !
I am trying to ensure that there will be enough here for the family to use when I am away for 3 weeks in April.
A couple more packs spread over the next 2 or 3 weeks should suffice.
Hope the situation isn't worse on my return.

You are perfectly demonstrating the psychology of panic buying. Everyone thinks they are the 'sensible types'. You are panic buying toilet paper. You will not die if you run out. Take a look at yourself.

Not quite, when I have enough to cater for my family I won't get anymore.
Which will probably be tomorrow.
I prefer to call it not putting my family under undue stress whilst I am away, though you can think what you want.

So you currently have 60 rolls, and you're looking to boost it to around 80-100 rolls, to cover a period of around 40-50 days for 4-5 adults. Therefore potentially up to 2 full rolls a day, every day, for the next 50 days (if you're covering the whole of April).

I work in an office of 11 people, and though I'm not responsible for ordering it, I doubt we get through more than 2-3 of rolls a week. Quite apart from the fact that I don't really understand how stockpiles of bogroll are going to help keep anyone safe from the coronavirus anyway.

I must be out of touch.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
422D0A0D-5423-4D34-B03A-2509556E918D.jpeg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
So you currently have 60 rolls, and you're looking to boost it to around 80-100 rolls, to cover a period of around 40-50 days for 4-5 adults. Therefore potentially up to 2 full rolls a day, every day, for the next 50 days (if you're covering the whole of April).

I work in an office of 11 people, and though I'm not responsible for ordering it, I doubt we get through more than 2-3 of rolls a week. Quite apart from the fact that I don't really understand how stockpiles of bogroll are going to help keep anyone safe from the coronavirus anyway.

I must be out of touch.

Doesn't cure anything I know, but gives peace of mind to someone who is thousands of miles away and unable to help if the problem of exhaustion arises.
Putting family first, when I am not there to assist and don't give a stuff what anyone thinks as decision made.
Job done now and won't even be looking for anymore till it runs out, around May and that's a fact.

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have been in Western Australia with Mrs W for 11 days now, and I can confirm there is no bog paper in the shops anywhere (*Margaret River). Nor is there any kitchen roll. Nor is there any dried pasta, anywhere. It’s 29°C here, the virus cannot survive in this heat. Due home in 9 days time, but thinking of maybe staying here longer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
yep there are a lot of fat , stupid people in Australia ....kfc , maccas, burger king/hungry jacks, krispy ****ing creme donuts have a lot to answer for , you are not allowed to point out that perhaps a salad might be a better option than 2 pies and a litre of chocolate milk for lunch followed by a snickers and a couple of fags ......during recent visits to hospital after surgery i was amazed to see mainstream tv on in waiting rooms ....people sitting there with catheters and colostomy bags and some twatt on the telly box informing them that they can get a cheese burger , fries and coke for 5 bucks .....i actually questioned the secretary as to the choice of viewing....she looked at me like i had just suggested she fellate me....:shrug: it really is a strange world we live in .....Oz is very Americanised in it's advertising approach.

Have you also noticed that the supermarket ads on TV when advertising 'essentials' always feature discounted chocolate, fizzy drink and ice cream, yeah, real essentials.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have been in Western Australia with Mrs W for 11 days now, and I can confirm there is no bog paper in the shops anywhere (*Margaret River). Nor is there any kitchen roll. Nor is there any dried pasta, anywhere. It’s 29°C here, the virus cannot survive in this heat. Due home in 9 days time, but thinking of maybe staying here longer.

I guess the virus that infected Tom Hanks and his wife didn't get that memo....

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I meant on surfaces. I assume if you inhale droplets, or have hand contact with someone who has just coughed etc then it can be just as easily transmitted as anywhere else. But I read that the virus cannot survive on surfaces for more than a few seconds at anything above 26°C.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I meant on surfaces. I assume if you inhale droplets, or have hand contact with someone who has just coughed etc then it can be just as easily transmitted as anywhere else. But I read that the virus cannot survive on surfaces for more than a few seconds at anything above 26°C.

I think you have been reading Facebook fake news. You body is 37 degrees and it does just fine there.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I guess I live in one of the areas that pushes up the percentage, my folks (mum) live in Isfield maybe the Lewes area has a lower percentage of obesity.

No bog roll in Lewes tesco but plenty of kitchen roll perhaps pprple with bigget bums should use kitchen roll ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At ASDA Hollingbury, the same at Waitose Hove, completely empty loo and kitchen roll shelves again.

The producers trade association said yesterday that they can easily up production to a 24/7 operation. Hopefully those supplies hit the supermarkets soon!

I have no interest in joining the hoarders queuing outside Brighton’s supermarkets in the early hours, to grab yet more supplies.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
At ASDA Hollingbury, the same at Waitose Hove, completely empty loo and kitchen roll shelves again.

The producers trade association said yesterday that they can easily up production to a 24/7 operation. Hopefully those supplies hit the supermarkets soon!

I have no interest in joining the hoarders queuing outside Brighton’s supermarkets in the early hours, to grab yet more supplies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-51823128/coronavirus-don-t-panic-be-community-minded-says-loo-roll-boss

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No bog roll in Lewes tesco but plenty of kitchen roll perhaps pprple with bigget bums should use kitchen roll ?
Absolutely not unless you want your drains to block up ..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here