[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So I couldn't travel from Kent, but you can from Wales - all a bit messed up this really isn't it?

I guess, but as I posted on another thread we have pretty low rates where I live, on a par with Brighton.

I don’t intend getting out my car (other than to charge it at Beaconsfield services) until I get to the car park to so I don’t consider it much of a risk to me or anyone else.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I guess, but as I posted on another thread we have pretty low rates where I live, on a par with Brighton.

I don’t intend getting out my car (other than to charge it at Beaconsfield services) until I get to the car park to so I don’t consider it much of a risk to me or anyone else.

Fair play to you, and you're going green too...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My 600 mile round trip to the Amex was one of the main reasons I got an electric car. I didn’t think I would be waiting this long to use it to do so!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not at the Amex they can’t.

Aye

‘’If you have booked together as part of a group, please ensure you sit in allocated seats, as empty seats must still be left between each person (even if you are in the same household or social bubble).’’

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Aye

‘’If you have booked together as part of a group, please ensure you sit in allocated seats, as empty seats must still be left between each person (even if you are in the same household or social bubble).’’

It’s so the stewards can police social distancing from a distance. Some clubs aren’t taking the same route but it makes sense to me as we have plenty of space. I guess it may change as attendances increase.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s so the stewards can police social distancing from a distance. Some clubs aren’t taking the same route but it makes sense to me as we have plenty of space. I guess it may change as attendances increase.

It doesn't make sense if you have very young children for whom the same rule is still being applied, and may mean some families can't attend should they get lucky.

Note: I'm not criticising the club for this - I fully appreciate this is difficult and we are only at the beginning of this process - but it is a shame that some may currently miss out on their chance to go.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It doesn't make sense if you have very young children for whom the same rule is still being applied, and may mean some families can't attend should they get lucky.

Note: I'm not criticising the club for this - I fully appreciate this is difficult and we are only at the beginning of this process - but it is a shame that some may currently miss out on their chance to go.

I’m guessing it’s so the stewards don’t have to worry about which is a genuine family grouping and which isn’t. A bit like the ban on vaping ie. no-one has to try to work out whether a cigarette is real or not.
Perhaps when permitted attendances rise and more stewards are deployed they might relax it a bit and allow young children to sit with adults. As things are proven to work we will eventually return to normal.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I agree it shouldn’t apply for kids. It would be easy enough for a steward to identify a small child at a distance and use some common sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The flip side is just impossible to steward.
As sure as I am that mask wearing will be one of the last things to go, I'd like to think (if successful) families grouped together will be one of the first things to return, esp for the kids.

My work insists everybody in the canteen sit at least 2 metres apart - no exceptions.
So Mr & Mrs Married Couple (of which there are a fair few)

Get out of the same bed.
Travel to work in the same car.
Sit at different tables during breaks
Before getting back into the same car to go home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports