Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It might be deceptive camera angles but the Reading fans (v Forest) seem to be all mixing as they like!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Imagine how bad Spence views his own brand that he feels the need to drag up an old alter-ego.

What, so I go to the pub, football, and play squash with Spence's alter ego?

Well, bugger me backwards with a daffodil, I never knew that.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The flip side is just impossible to steward.
As sure as I am that mask wearing will be one of the last things to go, I'd like to think (if successful) families grouped together will be one of the first things to return, esp for the kids.

My work insists everybody in the canteen sit at least 2 metres apart - no exceptions.
So Mr & Mrs Married Couple (of which there are a fair few)

Get out of the same bed.
Travel to work in the same car.
Sit at different tables during breaks
Before getting back into the same car to go home.

Or maybe one of the only things to return?

The reason why I (and Paul Barber) are annoyed with all this is because we’ve made no progress. We had the test for the Chelsea game, which went brilliantly and didn’t contribute to an increase of infections in the area.

We did everything right, yet here we are. They’ve ‘given’ us the chance to watch our team (oh, thank you mighty leader Boris) with MORE rules than and with LESS fans. That doesn’t look like progress to me. That’s what I’m worried about, nothing ‘conspiracy’ (as you lot like to say to anyone you disagree with) about it.

I saw on another thread that you expected 10,000 fans by now. Yet you’re happily going along with this. Do you expect 10,000 by March? If we don’t get that, what then? This could jut go on and on and we have to make a stand at some point.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a feeling that’s how you get a lot of your conclusions.

True. Don’t work hard, work smart, is the approach I take to most things in life. Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Get out of the same bed.
Travel to work in the same car.
Sit at different tables during breaks
Before getting back into the same car to go home.

I had this at a supermarket. Wife and I stood in the queue whilst customers were let in one at a time. When it was our turn we were told 'only 1 at a time'. I explained how we were a married couple but nope, one at a time. Waited for another person to leave (now room for 2) but still no. So removing our masks I gave my wife a big wet kiss and she went in. I waited outside for the inevitable at the till. Security guard came outside asking me to come in as I had the credit card!

Luton chairman on the radio this week reckons 2000 fans will cost between £25k to £50k in extra wages.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had this at a supermarket. Wife and I stood in the queue whilst customers were let in one at a time. When it was our turn we were told 'only 1 at a time'. I explained how we were a married couple but nope, one at a time. Waited for another person to leave (now room for 2) but still no. So removing our masks I gave my wife a big wet kiss and she went in. I waited outside for the inevitable at the till. Security guard came outside asking me to come in as I had the credit card!

Luton chairman on the radio this week reckons 2000 fans will cost between £25k to £50k in extra wages.

Nice one

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
True. Don’t work hard, work smart, is the approach I take to most things in life. Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup:

Yes, it’s a shame you can’t watch videos of people that know more than you, but you just carry on living in your own little bubble :smile:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Taken a peek at the Chelsea Leeds game. Interested to note not all fans separate, loads of couples/pairs sitting together, one or two visors instead of masks and fans frequently standing. Chelsea seem to be working to a different template.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Chelsea fans clapped when their players took the knee for BLM.
It serves two purposes, a) It says we respect BLM, and b) it drowns out any morons who might boo.

I think we should clap on Monday night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Taken a peek at the Chelsea Leeds game. Interested to note not all fans separate, loads of couples/pairs sitting together, one or two visors instead of masks and fans frequently standing. Chelsea seem to be working to a different template.

It really doesn't matter.
I don't imagine 'well it was alright at Chelsea', will get much traction at the AMEX.

I'm sure once the initial couple of rounds of games are through the club with re-evaluate it's stance on its policy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It would be interesting to know how the tickets were sold.

The problem with the way we are selling tickets is that it’s a defined pattern right across the stand so if someone moves to sit with someone from their household, they are then closer to someone NOT from their household than the seating plan allows for.

It feels like the club would need to designate one area of a stand as “household friendly” where seats are sold in groups, with the associated allowances made with regard to distancing to the next group.

Frankly this could be a temporary version of the family stand such that only those with kids can have seats side-by-side to facilitate those with young children to come along.

I’m sure the rest of us can cope with being a few seats away from those we are connected with for 90 minutes.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Took a lot of refreshing over the last few days, but both me and my lad have got tickets on the exchange. Bit more expensive than usual but it will be joyous to be back.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Or maybe one of the only things to return?

The reason why I (and Paul Barber) are annoyed with all this is because we’ve made no progress. We had the test for the Chelsea game, which went brilliantly and didn’t contribute to an increase of infections in the area.

We did everything right, yet here we are. They’ve ‘given’ us the chance to watch our team (oh, thank you mighty leader Boris) with MORE rules than and with LESS fans. That doesn’t look like progress to me. That’s what I’m worried about, nothing ‘conspiracy’ (as you lot like to say to anyone you disagree with) about it.

I saw on another thread that you expected 10,000 fans by now. Yet you’re happily going along with this. Do you expect 10,000 by March? If we don’t get that, what then? This could jut go on and on and we have to make a stand at some point.
Presumably you've not noticed the fact that there are 14000 more people getting COVID and a few hundred more people dying every day than when the test event took place? Frankly we're very lucky they've decided to put fans in at all with the current numbers as they are

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Chelsea fans clapped when their players took the knee for BLM.
It serves two purposes, a) It says we respect BLM, and b) it drowns out any morons who might boo.

I think we should clap on Monday night.

Why would most of fans want to clap a American communist organisation?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Presumably you've not noticed the fact that there are 14000 more people getting COVID and a few hundred more people dying every day than when the test event took place? Frankly we're very lucky they've decided to put fans in at all with the current numbers as they are

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Presumably you realise that the people who are getting it and, unfortunately, dying of it are still going to get it at some point whether people are allowed in a football stadium or not.

The lockdown and subsequent rules and measures weren’t there for people to never get the virus, it was so they didn’t all get it at the same time, this was to make sure the NHS was never swamped.

So, I actually think it’s better more people get it sooner rather than later, because all we are doing now is prolonging it until the next flu season, plus destroying the economy even further (which will lead to more poverty and poverty causes death).

Almost all of the people that have died of it (yes, of it, not the ones you see on the BBC who have had a ‘positive test’ within 28 days of dying) would have statistically died this year anyway, these are people with pre morbidities, very old, who have low vitamin D levels and would’ve most likely died of a flu like virus anyway. It’s no coincidence that flu deaths have plummeted this year, they’ve been replaced with Covid.

Anyway, as our game showed, those fans didn’t contribute to an increase in the R rate in the local area, which is why Barber was left confused and angry at the government.

If they have a time limit on the rules etc. I would feel a lot more comfortable, but it just seems to be going on indefinitely and I’m worried that some of the rules may be kept for when we do return to ‘normal’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here