Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Scary how people are getting so Nazi over this stuff.

“Teacher! Teacher! Look! He hasn’t got his mask on properly.” ****ing pathetic.

The masks don’t even work ffs :ffsparr:

In fact, there are recent studies that say they are incredibly bad for oral health, which in turn can lead to much bigger problems with the heart, pancreas etc.

Its times like this I wish the Thumbs Down button was still a thing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm asthmatic so have a mask exception. I'll still wear one, but you know, seems a bit ridiculous we can have a pie and hot drink but not have a mask off our nose for a moment without getting caught on camera and a trial by internet! :mad:

Aye I agree with you and I’d take issue with someone that says ‘’it’s only’’ about anything ...looking at the video on YouTube last week of PB discussing return of fans I get the impression that he’d quite like fans not to have to wear one in their seat ....but right now football has been given this chance and is keen to show it can work, so that this arbitrary number of 2000 can be increased ...and for that reason a belt n braces approach seems appropriate

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aye I agree with you and I’d take issue with someone that says ‘’it’s only’’ about anything ...looking at the video on YouTube last week of PB discussing return of fans I get the impression that he’d quite like fans not to have to wear one in their seat ....but right now football has been given this chance and is keen to show it can work, so that this arbitrary number of 2000 can be increased ...and for that reason a belt n braces approach seems appropriate

Completely agree, and I don't doubt for a second a higher number of people will be obeying that on Monday at the Amex than in Asda down the road.

I just hope football fans themselves sharing stuff over social media aren't the source of highlighting the issue of a few people not wearing masks properly. Now that really would be an own goal.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Completely agree, and I don't doubt for a second a higher number of people will be obeying that on Monday at the Amex than in Asda down the road.

I just hope football fans themselves sharing stuff over social media aren't the source of highlighting the issue of a few people not wearing masks properly. Now that really would be an own goal.

Perhaps those football fans feel strongly about mask wearing. Could be they have had deaths in the family or live with vulnerable people or that they just don’t want to put at risk the return of fans to stadiums. I’m not going to question what’s behind their strong opinions but they are entitled to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey the club just phoned checking my email was up to date and readying me for Sunday's pregame confirmation email.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Perhaps those football fans feel strongly about mask wearing. Could be they have had deaths in the family or live with vulnerable people or that they just don’t want to put at risk the return of fans to stadiums. I’m not going to question what’s behind their strong opinions but they are entitled to them.

1. I'm not questioning their opinion at all. I've stated I'll be wearing a mask, and it's clearly important for football fans to show they can follow the rules.

2. All I have questioned is the sharing photos of highlighting individuals across the internet ready for a tabloid to scream "shut down football stadia as fans can't be trusted to wear masks". That will mean potentially a couple of people's opinions leading to a shutting down of stadiums again because a media shit storm is thrown up.

Absolutely let's encourage everyone to wear a mask and wear one properly. No issue with that whatsoever. Posting pics of other fans over the internet, no can't agree with that, especially when the rules allow you to drink and eat in your seat anyway.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just checked nothing left but shocked to see tickets priced between £30 and £84. Wow . As you don`t get the whole experience I would have expected seats to be priced as per pre season Chelsea(£10) or maybe a little more.

Anyone on here paying £80 + ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The masks don’t even work ffs :ffsparr:

In fact, there are recent studies that say they are incredibly bad for oral health, which in turn can lead to much bigger problems with the heart, pancreas etc.

You'd better tell my dentist then. There is also a qualified dentist who posts on Nsc, so let's see what he says.

Calling [MENTION=5285]driller[/MENTION]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
1. I'm not questioning their opinion at all. I've stated I'll be wearing a mask, and it's clearly important for football fans to show they can follow the rules.

2. All I have questioned is the sharing photos of highlighting individuals across the internet ready for a tabloid to scream "shut down football stadia as fans can't be trusted to wear masks". That will mean potentially a couple of people's opinions leading to a shutting down of stadiums again because a media shit storm is thrown up.

Absolutely let's encourage everyone to wear a mask and wear one properly. No issue with that whatsoever. Posting pics of other fans over the internet, no can't agree with that, especially when the rules allow you to drink and eat in your seat anyway.

And you think journalists and clubs won’t have cameras targeted on the crowd ? Come on, if football gets shut down by the ‘Sod everyone else, I’m not wearing a mask’ brigade it will be the fault of those people and those people alone. I think the Albion will steward forcefully enough to prevent this happening anyway.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just checked nothing left but shocked to see tickets priced between £30 and £84. Wow . As you don`t get the whole experience I would have expected seats to be priced as per pre season Chelsea(£10) or maybe a little more.

It’s cost price of a season ticket. You expect it to be cheaper than that ? And the same price for PL as a pre season friendly ? Blimey there’s no pleasing some people.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Blimey the club just phoned checking my email was up to date and readying me for Sunday's pregame confirmation email.

Yep I got that call yesterday. They sent me a link to re subscribe which did not work but all sorted now. Good of them to call.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

£80+ would be for those in the 1901 Club seats, pro-rata prices like the rest of the prices.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It’s cost price of a season ticket. You expect it to be cheaper than that ? And the same price for PL as a pre season friendly ? Blimey there’s no pleasing some people.

Each to their own..

I however go for the whole experience. " Couple of Beers before Game with mates, watching the Football, Drink at half time etc etc ".

"Going on my own sitting four seats away from anyone. 2000 in 35,000 seater stadium doesn`t appeal . So yes I would expect games to be cheaper than normal.

On top of that you will be mixing with others and whilst I`m sure the club and spectators will be doing their best there is the chance of picking up Covid.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Each to their own..

I however go for the whole experience. " Couple of Beers before Game with mates, watching the Football, Drink at half time etc etc ".

"Going on my own sitting four seats away from anyone. 2000 in 35,000 seater stadium doesn`t appeal . So yes I would expect games to be cheaper than normal.

On top of that you will be mixing with others and whilst I`m sure the club and spectators will be doing their best there is the chance of picking up Covid.

Nope, I will be safely at home watching on tv. If I were going though I would be happy to pay the cost of my ST. The demand and rapid sell out for the 2000 tickets suggests many others agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here