Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Snip

harmsey

May 20, 2011
i had it done in april was back to work after 3 days, couldve gone back after a day wasnt as bad as i expected, the most painful part of it was the second injection

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
This guy did mine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1495944.stm

Vasectomy Operation

It was totally painless and less traumatic than a visit to the dentist.

He did mine too - cost about £200 which is a donation to his canal restoration project IIRC.

The bit I remember most vividly was just as he was making his incision the song playing in the background was "If you get it wrong, get it right next time" by Gerry Rafferty, I guess you need a sense of humour in that job!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have decided to go through with this procedure. Can anyone tell me the approximate time it takes from seeing your GP to having the op done?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have decided to go through with this procedure. Can anyone tell me the approximate time it takes from seeing your GP to having the op done?

It was about 12 weeks around 3 years ago.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My experience - an that of others that i know - is that it's really nothing to worry about. I was at work the following day - after milking a few hours off resting on the settee being waited on hands and feet by a gratefull Missus.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I haven't worked out yet if this is something us boys talk openly about or not, but NSC is a font of information on most things and I need some info. I'm booked in for next week. After feeling pretty cool about it I made the mistake last night of looking into the recovery a bit more. Should not have done that - horror stories wherever I looked.

Has anyone got any tips to share before I wave goodbye to the boys?

Sorry if this has been done before, the search function hasn't worked for me all day.

I don't know if I'm unusual, but my knackers were swollen and painful for around a week and a half afterwards, although the procedure itself was completely painless. Also experienced pain in the cobblers whenever aroused for about a year. All fine now though.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't know if I'm unusual, but my knackers were swollen and painful for around a week and a half afterwards, although the procedure itself was completely painless. Also experienced pain in the cobblers whenever aroused for about a year. All fine now though.

Now that is a worry!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was not joking in post 15 and I still get pains in the cobblers occasionally now. I had mine done in 2006. As with any op it can happen - it is unusual though.

It's a long story, but I really do have to get this procedure done. It will save me so much grief in the long term so hopefully, it will be worth the risk. I definitely do not want anymore kids so there is no worries of me ever contemplating a reversal!

It's just the thought of actually having my gonads tinkered with by a complete stranger that worries me even though they obviously do this every day of their working lives. Big girls blouse I know but that's how it is for me!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It's a long story, but I really do have to get this procedure done. It will save me so much grief in the long term so hopefully, it will be worth the risk. I definitely do not want anymore kids so there is no worries of me ever contemplating a reversal!

It's just the thought of actually having my gonads tinkered with by a complete stranger that worries me even though they obviously do this every day of their working lives. Big girls blouse I know but that's how it is for me!

What is it that worries you, exactly? I assure you you won't feel a thing while it is being done, except slight embarrassment.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
What is it that worries you, exactly? I assure you you won't feel a thing while it is being done, except slight embarrassment.

The honest answer is that I cannot tell you. If I could answer that question then this op would have been done 3 children ago :ohmy:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I had it done. As long as you really don't want more kids, it's worth it.

Recovery is nothing beyond half a day on the couch being attended to by a sympathetic other half* unless you are really very unlucky

*Do make sure you play the sacrifice and discomfort card even if neither are much true.

yup!

My only horror story was while the doctor was doing it we were talking about rock climbing and he started telling me how his mate died climbing and how he always felt a little responsibly as he had introduced him to the sport. Still the uncomfortable conversation distracted me from what was going on.

The nurses face was a picture when she asked me if someone was coming to pick me up and i told her that i was riding my bike home!

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Hi, had it done about 6 weeks ago. Procedure is absolutely fine, in and out in 35 mins. Was in the cinema watching skyfall after 4 hours and back in work after the weekend. Most annoying thing was having to wear support day and night for 2 weeks whilst the hair grew back, bloody itchy. Swelling was fine, completely gone after a week, can't se the scar now and was comfortable enough to take a 10 hour flight to the states 2 weeks after the op. oh and only needed 2 ibuprofen. Everything works as normal too.

Nothing to worry about in my experience.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Then go for it. The procedure itself was fine. It did not take long, did not hurt at the time, except at one point which I'll explain below. You don't have hordes of nurses checking out your meat a two veg either!

I suspect with mine that the tube had attached itself to something in my lower abdomen that it should not have been attached to. Probably a birth defect. When he tied the tube off, I felt a sharp tug in my groin and it was this that caused the problems later on. But at the time it did not really hurt - just later on when I was carrying around a grapefruit down there instead of a couple of walnuts!

If getting it done is going to save you a lot of grief, then go for it. Don't worry about it.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

It's a breeze and I feel a bit of an idiot for worrying about it. Two injections, one incision, no stitches, in and out in about half an hour tops. A week of mild tenderness so looked after myself a bit and didn't do anything too silly. Wearing a jock strap seemed to help keep everything together, but after a couple of days it was all feeling a bit 'scrunched up' so I stopped that. I was back on my bike after five days.

Compared to what an unplanned kid would cost / impact on your life it was a complete no brainer. Can't really understand why people don't do it if they're sure they don't want any more children.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
My wife keeps harping on about me having it done largely because f***ing [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] did. f***ing cheers for that.

Recently her coil has gone a bit tits up so the pressures back on. :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My wife keeps harping on about me having it done largely because f***ing [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] did. f***ing cheers for that.

Recently her coil has gone a bit tits up so the pressures back on. :angry:

:thumbsup:

It doesn't even hurt you f***ing handbag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here