Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Snip

Jul 7, 2003
Had this about six years ago. Found the op itself fine and getting the anaethetic was more painful. Very strange chatting to the nurses while the doctor is working on your bollocks. Didn't get much swelling and was uncomfortable for a couple of days (no wearing skinny jeans!) but other than that no problems and was back playing football within three weeks.

Jul 7, 2003
The nurse commended me on my shaving when I had mine.

Same here - used the wife's ladyshave as I thought it might be a bit safer than my trust gillette. Only thing I have found is my pubes have grown back much stronger and longer since shaving. I could put pigtails in if I really wanted!

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Had mine done a year ago. Very little pain indeed and certainly worked. The worst thing was when they sprayed some antiseptic on my bald scrotum. I shouted 'FUUUUUUUUUUUCK' and hit the roof. Other than that, it was fine. Just make sure you buy a couple of spare jock straps in advance - you will need them.

Camicus

I had mine done no problems. Although I was wearing my Brighton shirt on the way in. Whilst I was having it done the nurse who was holding my old man started chatting to me. Her conversational gambit was "How do you think Villa will do this year?"

Jul 7, 2003
I had mine done no problems. Although I was wearing my Brighton shirt on the way in. Whilst I was having it done the nurse who was holding my old man started chatting to me. Her conversational gambit was "How do you think Villa will do this year?"

To which your response should have been "just like me, firing blanks"

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I had it done a few years back. Never felt a thing during the op. about a week of swelling and pain downstairs. Bruising lasted a few weeks. Bloody painful when feeling randy for about a year, but that went away.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Agree with Tweenster, it took at least 6 months to start firing blanks, i had pumped gallons of stuff out of my system by then!!

Oh too much infomation!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You bunch of girls' blouses.

MAN UP :D

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Had it done recently - was bloomin anxious about it - no scalpel method so just key hole surgery.

Unfortunately the local injection didn't work as well on lefty so felt it when he was 'welding' the end of the tube - like an electric shock, not very pleasant.

First couple of days just rested, planning to return to work on the Monday (done on the Friday afternoon) and everything seemed okay. You know you've had something done and it is just uncomfortable - like someone has got a hold of your nuts and isn't letting go......

Due to local injection not working so well, days 3-5 were quite painful, like I had been kicked by a horse but that has gone now a week or so later and largely back to normal now. Minor irritations but nothing nurofen can't sort out.

Funniest thing was the doc and the nurse trying to make light of it all to try and keep me at ease. Music on, chatting away etc, being given a 9.5 out of 10 for my shaving efforts by the nurse was a silver lining I guess. All topped by doc going about his business getting everything down below prepped and making a whistling sound effect when moving the ol'fella from one side to the other!!

My tip - if you normally wear boxers, get some tighty whiteys, treat it like you would a bruise/swelling ie ice packs etc on and off for the first day or two and nothing beats a good soak in the bath to 'take the weight off'!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Had it down about 15 years ago at Southlands in Shoreham. No big deal. They stick a needle in your sack, then I guess its about a 5 to 10 minute or so job from start to finish. Went in around 9am, waited my turn, & was collected around 3 o'clock. Was in the Pub at 4.30. You might be walking slightly bow legged for a day or so, but normal service is resumed fairly quickly.

The no show rate is quite high apparently on Snip Day with men bottling at the last minute. One guy done a runner when the nurse came for him. He was shaking & sweating beforehand. His last words were "sorry I can't do this".

Last seen heading towards Holmbush off into the sunset. The Coward. :lolol:

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
It's one of those things that seems to be be dependent on how skilled your doctor is. After our third and last arrived, I had no hesitation in getting snipped. Seriously, it was done in a little over ten minutes, strolled out and walked a mile to the station with nothing more than a vague numbness to show for it. Never had any swelling, discomfort or trouble whatsoever. Guess I got lucky.

What no one has mentioned yet on this thread is the complete and utter freedom it brings. Contraceptives are a pain the @ss. Figuratively speaking.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Me too....great as a contraceptive. What I particularly liked was the swelling after a few days. Told the wife to get a camera....'you won't see them this big ever again'. I was right.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Had it done about 8 years ago, shaved properly beforehand to make like easier and apart from a little tenderness, had no real problems. Took it easy for a couple of days but by the third was fine. If your doctor/surgeon is fairly competent then it should be fine.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Had mine done on a cancelation which is probably the best way as you haven't got time to think about it for too long. I remember having a nurse to hold my hand. I realised as they wheeled me out after the op. that I was still clinging to her hand and was probably leaving nail marks!!!!!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
had it done 4 years ago, nice and easy, but since i have spilt up with my wife, now i am considering having it reversed,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here