Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Slave trade has been a benefit to Blacks

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just out of interest - is this another one of those threads you've started with an explosive subject matter that you then fail to take part in the discussion thus showing you up to be a complete wanker ? Just wondering like ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
nope.. I mustn't....

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Do "whites" have a superior swimming gene?

Just out of interest - is this another one of those threads you've started with an EXPLOSIVE SUBJECT MATTER that you then fail to take part in the discussion thus showing you up to be a complete wanker ? Just wondering like ?

Why is this a subject that can't be discussed rationally? Why would people get all het up about it? My opinion is that certain races are better at different procedures than others. Why do White people dominate in Swimming, Skiing, Surfing, shooting, golf, tennis, darts, snooker etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Saying 'The slave trade has been a benefit to blacks' is a massive over-simplification. Which of the 96% who died in the voyage in 1732 that was mentioned in the article 'benefited' from slavery? Such a statement requires caveats.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Why is this a subject that can't be discussed rationally? Why would people get all het up about it? My opinion is that certain races are better at different procedures than others. Why do White people dominate in Swimming, Skiing, Surfing, shooting, golf, tennis, darts, snooker etc.

Why are whites better at some of these sports? For the most part I would suggest because there is a significant financial and social barrier to many wanting to participate in these sports - particularly true for golf, tennis, skiing

I would also suggest your hypothesis has been significantly undermined in recent years as these barriers have reduced - think Woods dominating golf, Williams sisters domination of woman's tennis.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Out of interest, do you get a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you're going to irritate a load of people when you give a thread a name like this?

Of course, you could deny you did it for that reason and claim that it's relevant to the article but...well...that'd be bollocks wouldn't it?

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011

Don't normally reply to this sort of crap, D Head, why start this sort of shit? Guess your username name says it all.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Champions at poison darts !!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At least this is one positive thing to thing to come out of slavery.

There's loads of positive things - without slaves people in the 1800s wouldn't have been able to afford sugar for their tea for one thing. Also nice cotton bed sheets would've been WELL expensive.

At least these days I can rely on some Asian kids to make my luxury goods at affordable prices - everyone's a winner :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There's loads of positive things - without slaves people in the 1800s wouldn't have been able to afford sugar for their tea for one thing. Also nice cotton bed sheets would've been WELL expensive.

At least these days I can rely on some Asian kids to make my luxury goods at affordable prices - everyone's a winner :thumbsup:

Thank God for Slavery.......Let's hear it for sweat shops!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here