Ryan v Man C
Irvine v Villa
Clarke v Orient
Bromley v Tranmere
Napier v Bournemouth

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Willie Irvine v Aston Villa 1972 Runner up as BBC goal of season. Available on YouTube.

By a country mile the best Albion goal I've ever seen, though some of the others mentioned were very good goals indeed.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Calde past David James at the Amex. Was right behind it. Soon as he hit it you knew it was going in.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
1961 Bob McNicol against Champions of England Burnley in the FA CUP to earn a 3-3 draw. He hit this goal from the same distance as Sidwell but the difference was his was not a lob, it just went in to the top corner all the way from that distance, one hell of a strike. .

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Wrong calculations: should be 53 yards 1 foot.

According to my copy of: "The supporters' guide to premier and football league clubs" hand book, the Ashton Gate pitch is 115 x 75 yards. That makes the distance from the half-way line to the goal line 57 yards & 18 inches. Just need to subtract from that how far the ball was from the half-way line when Siddo kicked it. 4 yards 6 inches looks about right so your suggested 53 yards 1 foot looks realistically accurate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It still looks good this morning on Youtube. Needs a Youtube wizzard to put it up with the Alan Partridge commentary line of:

****, did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Has anyone mentioned Bobby Z at Bury? I will concur too with Lawro vs Wolves. If only Vicente's had gone in, this argument would have been settled to the end of days...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Peter Ward v Mansfield in the late seventies Division 3 promotion game 2-1 at the Goldstone for an excellent individual goal. The referee clapped.

For a combination goal Gary Hart > Lee Steele > Bobby Zamora v old Wimbledon at the Withdean was every bit as good as Willie Willie Irvine's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here