Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sidwell Goal

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cracking goal, would have been even better if it had been up our end.
The goal was replayed on the big screen about 5 times :)
That's because they were showing the live sky feed. At home, I could hear Brighton fans cheering each time it was shown. Must have made the fans and players of Bristol pretty down.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That'd probably be my choice,Skalaks' against QPR equally impressive. All about opinions though I suppose. The teams celebration is the best and most poignant I can remember though.

It was a wonderful gesture by the team and just shows what a close knit bunch they are.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I've just remembered Stuart Munday's cracker at Filbert Street in the 90s - another one that you needed to be behind the goal to enjoy fully.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes ive seen better. Still a great goal. However if he was younger he would hit it. He new he didnt have the legs to go forward and whacked it. If it hadnt gone in we would have moaned it did and everything about it was class the celebration was just amazing. And he had the skill to pull it off and most importantly he desevered it his last 3 games have been brilliant. Honestly could make himself a ledged this year if we go up with Kayals injury. Baller.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Gerry Ryan v Man City
Goldstone 1981?
Picked the ball up out wide of our own penalty box and kept running ala Maradona, Archie Gemmil styleee towards the South stand, after lollipoping 4 or 5 City midfielders & defenders smashed the ball into the net in front of a delirious goldstone crowd
Never seen the goal on tv since so in my childhood memory remains one of our greatest goals

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
sidwel-brighton-EFL.jpg

32 yards 1 foot distance to goal line.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I feel it's a bit doing a diservice to Sidders and any of the other great goalscorers if I compared. It was just a ****ing great goal. I was shouting 'get it left' as the break was on - then thought what's he done there? Then thought 'shit he's shot that's a great effort' - then saw the keeper scrambling and thought 'shit that's got a chance that has' - all in the space of a few seconds. I love football - well having a team to care this much about. What a feeling, what a goal!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Have you seen a better goal for The Albion?

I appreciate that I'm 38 and some of us on here are 40 years older, but if you've seen a better goal, what was it?

paul clark v charlton at the goldstone @ 81/82.....from my spot in the nw corner i had a perfect view of his 35 yrd + piledriver that sreamed in off the crossbar....oh how we cheered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here