Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is that a visible thing at time of booking do you know?

It was for me yes. As I hovered over them it said ‘available to all’. I then checked on the ticket chat and Leon confirmed that many of the disabled seats are labeled ‘available to all’ as they have enough elsewhere to cope with demand.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Have any tickets come up on the exchange yet?

Quite different to the Southampton one where many of us managed to bag a ticket on the exchange. Is it an issue with the website and the mysterious "blue buy" disappearing or is it purely as it's a weekend fixture everyone is planning on going so no need to to re-list their tickets?

Yes - I got one Friday during my lunch break :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I see the club have responded regarding the amount of calls they are getting suggesting people check the FAQs first which is fair enough. However I do take issue with the assertion that the ballot, in it's current format, is the fairest way of allocating tickets. Surely the fairest way is that once some has been in priority 1 and has had the opportunity to have a ticket then for subsequent ballots they should go to the back of the queue! They could also do the same to those in tier two that have been able to purchase a ticket. There are about 14 home games left I believe so by the time the season has finished every season ticket holder should have had the opportunity to buy a ticket but the current system in no way guarantees this.

They have stated that won't change the system but still worth a debate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see the club have responded regarding the amount of calls they are getting suggesting people check the FAQs first which is fair enough. However I do take issue with the assertion that the ballot, in it's current format, is the fairest way of allocating tickets. Surely the fairest way is that once some has been in priority 1 and has had the opportunity to have a ticket then for subsequent ballots they should go to the back of the queue! They could also do the same to those in tier two that have been able to purchase a ticket. There are about 14 home games left I believe so by the time the season has finished every season ticket holder should have had the opportunity to buy a ticket but the current system in no way guarantees this.

They have stated that won't change the system but still worth a debate.

Been debated to death already.......[emoji23][emoji23]

Whatever method used ends up with potential issues. For example, if we ‘rotate’ as you suggest, what about those that get tier 1 for, say, the first game but are isolating so can’t go ? They’re then excluded for the next 3.......

Other issue the club have repeatedly stressed is the admin involved - they’re already swamped apparently and manually having to go through and re-tier/exclude people from subsequent ballots would presumably be a big job.

Agree it would look better if everyone had a clear shot at T1 for at least one game though........

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
But surely if everyone had a shot at being in priority group one then there would need to be 11 priority groups (each with 2000 people) and not four? So everyone would have the chance to go to just one game this season and if you were working, self isolating or in a Tier 3 area for that game then that's it, potentially no game all season. Personally I think the current system is fair and I've been 4,2,2 so far.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
244 so far. Locking forward to getting back to watch the Albion live at some point. I do wonder though whether Covid will change purchasing habits permanently to a more selective approach.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But surely if everyone had a shot at being in priority group one then there would need to be 11 priority groups (each with 2000 people) and not four? So everyone would have the chance to go to just one game this season and if you were working, self isolating or in a Tier 3 area for that game then that's it, potentially no game all season. Personally I think the current system is fair and I've been 4,2,2 so far.
To be fair, 422 is quite good!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Other issue the club have repeatedly stressed is the admin involved - they’re already swamped apparently and manually having to go through and re-tier/exclude people from subsequent ballots would presumably be a big job.

Other clubs are managing this.

Arsenal: "Once you have been successful in the ballot, you will not be successful for a future game until all other Ballot Registered Members have won tickets to a game. "

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Other clubs are managing this.

Arsenal: "Once you have been successful in the ballot, you will not be successful for a future game until all other Ballot Registered Members have won tickets to a game. "

And what about groups etc, one statement doesn’t necessarily make it better, perhaps they don’t allow groups, perhaps if in a group and the situation changes ie you have to work and then miss your turn for the rest of the season and so on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So everyone would have the chance to go to just one game this season and if you were working, self isolating or in a Tier 3 area for that game then that's it, potentially no game all season. Personally I think the current system is fair and I've been 4,2,2 so far.

Well, at least that fan (and everyone in that fan's group) would have been given the opportunity to buy before the end of the season.

Under the current system, I've seen some fans drawn in the top priority list twice in just 3 games. That's just ridiculous.

Imagine if it gets to the Palace game and some of the same fans are drawn again, while others still haven't made the first group.

Everyone in the draw commited to buying a season ticket last March, so everyone is entitled to a share of tickets imo.

It's really not the same as applying for a one-off away match (which you haven't paid for), so the club should not be running it like 12 individual lotteries.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well, at least that fan (and everyone in that fan's group) would have been given the opportunity to buy before the end of the season.

Under the current system, I've seen some fans drawn in the top priority list twice in just 3 games. That's just ridiculous.

Imagine if it gets to the Palace game and some of the same fans are drawn again, while others still haven't made the first group.

Everyone in the draw commited to buying a season ticket last March, so everyone is entitled to a share of tickets imo.

It's really not the same as applying for a one-off away match (which you haven't paid for), so the club should not be running it like 12 individual lotteries.
Absolutely spot on. The "admin" line is a load of nonsense with the business that this club is running in the Premier League.

In terms of "what if I'm drawn out and I get Covid/have to work?" - in that case you decline your ticket and someone else is drawn out for it. If you're in a group, then either the whole group declines or you are entered separately from your group in the next draw. Either is doable.

The only issue I can really see is if someone gets symptoms or is told to isolate within 48 hours so if can't be re-sold. In the small number of those cases, then that person can explain this to the club, who can presumably ask for some evidence if they suspect foul play.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You haven’t paid for these tickets either. Your money has either been refunded or is a credit balance against next years ST.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can apply in groups.

You can opt out of matches.

It's all here: https://www.arsenal.com/news/ballot-process-reduced-capacity-fixtures

Can supply details from other clubs too, if you like?!?

No need as I'm happy supporting my club and their hard work in getting fans to the ground. I haven't been drawn in P1 for three games but appreciate that for a club Brighton's size doesn't have infinite resources to placate everyone. Our ST's are a high proportion of our capacity leaving few available to administrate on a game by game process. Compare this to Arsenal who have 20000 tickets to sell each game. This means they will have more staff etc to deal with things.

It's a loss making exercise and I like many other are happy just to have the chance to go.

As an aside I was P2 for the first two games and P4 for Arsenal. I was fortunate to get my arse in gear and bag tickets for the first two. If I now go without for the rest of the season sobeit.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You haven’t paid for these tickets either. Your money has either been refunded or is a credit balance against next years ST.

It's not about the money. It's the fact that we've all signed the same agreement with the club.

Anyway, let's see how people feel in March....

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
What ever system is used will be wrong for somebody.
There are those who will think....
A cold Monday night for Southampton, no, I’ll give it a miss....
Sheffield United, bottom of the league, no, I’ll give it a miss....
Arsenal, that’s more like it, I’ll put my name forward...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here