Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Any advice on this one.... I usually go with my son, he is off to uni this year and will only be able to attend about 7 games or so. Would it be better to upgrade his ticket to an adult (rather than under 21) and pay the extra £20 on top to take a mate or pay for upgrades each game. I will probably sell some tickets back to the club.

In the same book. 18 yo off to uni in September. Probably going to upgrade 6 times during the season as he will be back for 5/6 matches aswell. The tickets will probably go to a mate but do I need to join him as a member and set up an account or join him on my friends and family ?

SavBlanc

Aug 28, 2020
Has anyone attempted the change of name on the Season Ticket yet?

I did it on behalf of my mate that is passing it on and filled all the details out but my other friends hasn’t had any email to date?

Wondering if anyone had any success and how long this takes?

I did it on Friday to change my ticket into my husbands name. He hasn’t had an e mail yet. Makes me a bit jittery giving up my ticket as thought it would be an imminent e mail but believe it’s done manually so could take a few days

SavBlanc

Aug 28, 2020
I'd say get the adult ST. I'm in a similar boat. Upgrades are based on the inflated price of the matchday ticket so I think that's where you lose out. The only snag is the people you take have to be the 25 quid members, if it's just the one or two mates then not too bad, an array then it's a faff

I’m also in the same boat. Was just wondering though if you paid to upgrade the under 21 ticket for this coming season to an adult could you then revert it back to an under 21 ticket for the following season (as they are only offering unlimited ticket sharing for this season only)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You still have got the option to do that 6 times a season as before without paying a £20 fee or the recipient needing to be an Albion+ member. That is pretty much a 1/3rd of the games that you could pass it on.:thumbsup:

Ah, I missed that and have binned the stuff that came in post. Will wade through the club site and hopefully find it

I couldn't find anything, in fact I found 2 FAQ's that appeared to contradict each other (11 and 23 .. 11 talks about upgrade but very much suggests the 6x is OK ) so I dropped the club an email. Here's the reply. They say the 6x is OK then go on to talk about the new ticket sharing scheme. So I assume the up to 6 hand overs are finished.

We still have the upgrade system in place for 6 times a season.
For example, if you had an U18 ticket and wanted to give it to an adult, you would need to contact us to upgrade the ticket

If you would like to share your ticket with someone of the same age, you can do this by purchasing our Ticket Sharing add-on.

The person who would receive the ticket from you for a match would also need to be a MyAlbion+ Member.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I couldn't find anything, in fact I found 2 FAQ's that appeared to contradict each other (11 and 23 .. 11 talks about upgrade but very much suggests the 6x is OK ) so I dropped the club an email. Here's the reply. They say the 6x is OK then go on to talk about the new ticket sharing scheme. So I assume the up to 6 hand overs are finished.

For example, if you had an U18 ticket and wanted to give it to an adult, you would need to contact us to upgrade the ticket

If you would like to share your ticket with someone of the same age, you can do this by purchasing our Ticket Sharing add-on.

The person who would receive the ticket from you for a match would also need to be a MyAlbion+ Member.

So... Upgrading a child ticket to an adult is possible 6 times a season and the adult only has to give their name to the club.
Giving an adult ticket to another adult requires a completely different set of qualifications for the receiver.

Overall, I think the club have done a lot and put together a reasonable system for the "new world" we have past-covid, but this seems like they have invited quite a few confused phone calls and maybe a few heated arguments later in the season which someone in customer service misinterprets the rules. PB will be writing a lengthy email now in preparation.

If the scheme lasts beyond 1 season, I'd expect some further changes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So... Upgrading a child ticket to an adult is possible 6 times a season and the adult only has to give their name to the club.
Giving an adult ticket to another adult requires a completely different set of qualifications for the receiver.

Overall, I think the club have done a lot and put together a reasonable system for the "new world" we have past-covid, but this seems like they have invited quite a few confused phone calls and maybe a few heated arguments later in the season which someone in customer service misinterprets the rules. PB will be writing a lengthy email now in preparation.

It confused me so I went back for clarity but the reply (below) didn't really help either .... so I've conceded defeat. And yes I think I agree with you .... if I want to pass my ticket to someone in a different age bracket then I can do so 6 times but if I don't want to change the age bracket I can't do it at all

You could upgrade a season ticket 6 times a season, this cost money depending on the price band you were upgrading to.

Therefore, you can still upgrade your ticket 6 times a season to a higher age bracket, but you can also share your ticket for a £20 one off payment, but as you mentioned, the supporter receiving the ticket for a game must be a MyAlbion+ Member and therefore purchase this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It confused me so I went back for clarity but the reply (below) didn't really help either .... so I've conceded defeat. And yes I think I agree with you .... if I want to pass my ticket to someone in a different age bracket then I can do so 6 times but if I don't want to change the age bracket I can't do it at all

You could upgrade a season ticket 6 times a season, this cost money depending on the price band you were upgrading to.

Therefore, you can still upgrade your ticket 6 times a season to a higher age bracket, but you can also share your ticket for a £20 one off payment, but as you mentioned, the supporter receiving the ticket for a game must be a MyAlbion+ Member and therefore purchase this.

It’s not that confusing really.

The 6 upgrades per season to a concession ticket was an acknowledgement kids and the elderly my not be able to make every single game through no fault of their own - so they were allowed 6 upgrades and that’s been in place for 4 seasons. A tacit blind eye was turned by the club if that ticket was passed to the same age bracket, but post Covid that can no longer happen.

Ticket Sharing therefore means a ticket can be shared with A+ members if in your F&F group if you’ve paid the £20 sharing fee. That ticket can be shared with the same or age groups below. If you want to upgrade that ticket, you still can 6 times per season.

In both cases the club will now have a record, or should have of everyone actually at the stadium at any one time.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It’s not that confusing really.

The 6 upgrades per season to a concession ticket was an acknowledgement kids and the elderly my not be able to make every single game through no fault of their own - so they were allowed 6 upgrades and that’s been in place for 4 seasons. A tacit blind eye was turned by the club if that ticket was passed to the same age bracket, but post Covid that can no longer happen.

Ticket Sharing therefore means a ticket can be shared with A+ members if in your F&F group if you’ve paid the £20 sharing fee. That ticket can be shared with the same or age groups below. If you want to upgrade that ticket, you still can 6 times per season.

In both cases the club will now have a record, or should have of everyone actually at the stadium at any one time.

Agree... The difficulty comes from the other side though... If I am not a STH and I want to go to the game. I have two friends, one who goes regularly with a child and another who goes with a work colleague. In both cases their other ticket is going spare for a match.

One can give me their ticket for the cost of a one-off upgrade and they just have to give my name the other requires me to already be a paying member and for them to have paid a fee themselves.

In isolation I think the upgrade rules were good and I think the new ticket-sharing rules are good. But I get that it is confusing people because its not a uniform approach to the transfer of tickets.

Maybe the club have seen this but decided that making the recipient of an upgrade ticket have to be a member as a step too far in changing the old system but if they did, it would have been better to acknowledge that in the FAQ so that people didn't feel there is a mis-matched approach.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed....I think this is the one unfortunate situation that arises in what the club have done. If you’ve got a 12 year old that you take who can’t make a game you can upgrade it and take a pal, if you’ve got a mate or adult offspring you normally go with who can’t attend you can’t take that very occasional visitor without an upfront £45 being spent between you. Certainly in our case this will mean an empty seat.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Agreed....I think this is the one unfortunate situation that arises in what the club have done. If you’ve got a 12 year old that you take who can’t make a game you can upgrade it and take a pal, if you’ve got a mate or adult offspring you normally go with who can’t attend you can’t take that very occasional visitor without an upfront £45 being spent between you. Certainly in our case this will mean an empty seat.

But in your example the 45 pounds is once for the whole season but the upgrade on a junior or senior ST is each time and limited to 6 max whereas the ST flex is unlimited. Apples and pears?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
New system good for sharing with same 1/2 people. If like me likely to miss just 1 game to pass ticket on will cost an additional £45 for that one game. I hope club will realise this and do something about it. At Leicester if hand over ticket for odd game just have to notify club with contact details

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
New system good for sharing with same 1/2 people. If like me likely to miss just 1 game to pass ticket on will cost an additional £45 for that one game. I hope club will realise this and do something about it. At Leicester if hand over ticket for odd game just have to notify club with contact details

Exactly, it’s the cost of it that seem wrong to me. Why would I pay more money for a game I wouldn’t be attending? The club have already had the money for the season ticket, so why would they need more?

Someone I go with can’t make evening games (I expect a lot of fans are in a similar boat as about 25% of our season ticket holders live outside of the BN postcode area), he lends his ticket to another fan I go with who buys more beer at the ground than the season ticket holder does.

So, in this case, the seat will go empty and the club will miss out on beer sales.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Exactly, it’s the cost of it that seem wrong to me. Why would I pay more money for a game I wouldn’t be attending? The club have already had the money for the season ticket, so why would they need more?

Someone I go with can’t make evening games (I expect a lot of fans are in a similar boat as about 25% of our season ticket holders live outside of the BN postcode area), he lends his ticket to another fan I go with who buys more beer at the ground than the season ticket holder does.

So, in this case, the seat will go empty and the club will miss out on beer sales.

Get the other fan to pay the £20 then. He’s getting a free ticket after all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Cost will depend on who you share a ticket with. If it's the same person and they go to 5 evening games that reduces the price!! Instead of £45 for one match, it's now £9 for each of the 5 matches!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

But does it mean that in both cases the person you give the ticket to needs to be MyAlbion+?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But does it mean that in both cases the person you give the ticket to needs to be MyAlbion+?

That's implied from the way it is worded but doesn't explicitly say so.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Perhaps, but it doesn't say that

Unless I read it wrong I can give my 65+ ticket to an adult up to 6x a season and they pay the difference in ticket price (no mention of Albion+) but I can't give the same ticket to another 65 year old without signing up for the new scheme

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps, but it doesn't say that

Unless I read it wrong I can give my 65+ ticket to an adult up to 6x a season and they pay the difference in ticket price (no mention of Albion+) but I can't give the same ticket to another 65 year old without signing up for the new scheme

I could read it either way.

I'd want it clarified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here