Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
17 pages of people moaning about being able to 'share' their ticket and PB & TB banning fans who do not use their tickets and yet, after a game with a 'prettendance' of 33500 but 1000's of empty seats, fans on here go mental about people not turning up.
My only complaint is I'm 65+ but cant pass on my ticket to an adult. Should be an option to pay the difference. That said, I've only missed a couple of games at the Amex.

This is a fair point, and I slightly regret posting my complaint (partly influenced by being quite stressed by the situation of my father being very poorly).

Obviously the difference between then and now is a global pandemic, which is no small issue for the club to deal with.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are you being a dick deliberately or is it a natural talent?

Any need for this?

Season ticket holders as you know have had a card since day 1 at the Amex, all he’s saying is he wants to continue with a card but doesn’t want to pay extra for it.
No big deal and it’s a fair point.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:) you seem pretty happy about lending money to a multi million pound business at zero interest

Well it works for me, l hadn't been missing the money as l would normally be shelling it out for my ticket anyway. Multi million pound business or not l'm sure the club have been feeling the pinch during the pandemic, so l was happy to help, even if it was only in a tiny way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes it was.
I have a 65+ ticket and it has been used by under 65's on payment of an additional fee.

You can still do that under the new ticket sharing arrangements (still needs to go to a paid-up A+ member and you need to pay the £20 one-off fee I think)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You can still do that under the new ticket sharing arrangements (still needs to go to a paid-up A+ member and you need to pay the £20 one-off fee I think)

I think the query is when the normal STH has a 65+ priced ticket and wants to transfer it to a full-price-paying adult. I’m not sure this can be done via the share scheme and would have to be done by ticket upgrade as per previous seasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the query is when the normal STH has a 65+ priced ticket and wants to transfer it to a full-price-paying adult. I’m not sure this can be done via the share scheme and would have to be done by ticket upgrade as per previous seasons.

I know - it's not 100% clear in the FAQ but it's in the ' ST Sharing' section. I can't see how you could upgrade (transfer) a concessionary ticket to someone who isn't a member, but can't transfer a full ticket to a non-member. It wouldn't make any sense - but the way it's worded it appears you can.

Is the person attending the same age band as you, or an age band which is cheaper / the same price as your ticket?

YES
If the ticket is going to a MyAlbion+ member who is the same age band, or a cheaper age band, then you should use season ticket sharing.
Adults may share with any age group. 65+/U21 may share with U10, U18, U21s or over 65. U18s may share with U18 or U10. U10s may share with U10. The recipients must be MyAlbion+ members.
The STH needs to pay £20 to upgrade to a sharing season ticket. Wait one hour and the permission will be added to the STHs online account.
Once permission has been added season tickets can be shared with friends/family members but they must be a signed and paid-up member of MyAlbion+. The ticket will be sent to the new owner automatically, so please ensure their email address is up to date on our system.

NO
If the ticket is going to someone who is a more expensive ageband (e.g., junior ticket to adult, U10 to U18, 65+ to adult) then the season ticket needs to be upgraded.
Upgrades are charged at the price of the match ticket minus the pro rata value of the season ticket.
You can login online and upgrade your ticket and pay the difference. You must provide the details of the person attending as these will be printed on the new ticket you are sent. You must then forward this ticket on to the person using it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
17 pages of people moaning about being able to 'share' their ticket and PB & TB banning fans who do not use their tickets and yet, after a game with a 'prettendance' of 33500 but 1000's of empty seats, fans on here go mental about people not turning up.
My only complaint is I'm 65+ but cant pass on my ticket to an adult. Should be an option to pay the difference. That said, I've only missed a couple of games at the Amex.

You still have got the option to do that 6 times a season as before without paying a £20 fee or the recipient needing to be an Albion+ member. That is pretty much a 1/3rd of the games that you could pass it on.:thumbsup:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I know - it's not 100% clear in the FAQ but it's in the ' ST Sharing' section. I can't see how you could upgrade (transfer) a concessionary ticket to someone who isn't a member, but can't transfer a full ticket to a non-member. It wouldn't make any sense - but the way it's worded it appears you can.

Is the person attending the same age band as you, or an age band which is cheaper / the same price as your ticket?

YES
If the ticket is going to a MyAlbion+ member who is the same age band, or a cheaper age band, then you should use season ticket sharing.
Adults may share with any age group. 65+/U21 may share with U10, U18, U21s or over 65. U18s may share with U18 or U10. U10s may share with U10. The recipients must be MyAlbion+ members.
The STH needs to pay £20 to upgrade to a sharing season ticket. Wait one hour and the permission will be added to the STHs online account.
Once permission has been added season tickets can be shared with friends/family members but they must be a signed and paid-up member of MyAlbion+. The ticket will be sent to the new owner automatically, so please ensure their email address is up to date on our system.

NO
If the ticket is going to someone who is a more expensive ageband (e.g., junior ticket to adult, U10 to U18, 65+ to adult) then the season ticket needs to be upgraded.
Upgrades are charged at the price of the match ticket minus the pro rata value of the season ticket.
You can login online and upgrade your ticket and pay the difference. You must provide the details of the person attending as these will be printed on the new ticket you are sent. You must then forward this ticket on to the person using it.

I assume one of the issues is the family areas. You couldn't allow automatic upgrading of child concession tickets as you might get loads of adults together in there. When I upgraded my son's ticket to my Dad, I was able to justify we were still within the rules because within my Friends and Family group, we have more children than required as a ratio to adults, so the upgrade was fine as long as I phoned to explain this – I could do this 6 times per season and still can.

Not sure how the share system could cope with that if that could be done for all 19 games for a kid's ticket automatically up to an adult. As it is, by passing on a ticket of the same age band or lower, that should never be a problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I assume one of the issues is the family areas. You couldn't allow automatic upgrading of child concession tickets as you might get loads of adults together in there. When I upgraded my son's ticket to my Dad, I was able to justify we were still within the rules because within my Friends and Family group, we have more children than required as a ratio to adults, so the upgrade was fine as long as I phoned to explain this – I could do this 6 times per season and still can.

Not sure how the share system could cope with that if that could be done for all 19 games for a kid's ticket automatically up to an adult. As it is, by passing on a ticket of the same age band or lower, that should never be a problem.

That makes sense, but not the ability to upgrade to a non A+ member if it's not allowed for an adult ticket outside of the sharing scheme...............

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Any advice on this one.... I usually go with my son, he is off to uni this year and will only be able to attend about 7 games or so. Would it be better to upgrade his ticket to an adult (rather than under 21) and pay the extra £20 on top to take a mate or pay for upgrades each game. I will probably sell some tickets back to the club.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You seem angry ? Why ?
I was just reminiscing for simpler times
But I’m enjoying being where we are now
Cos I was there when we were shite

I’m fine thanks, not angry and like you were there during the Withdean years (and the war years and long before that).

I suppose if I was to challenge anything in your previous post it is the implication that the current ticket allocation isn’t as good as it was during the Withdean years, hence my mention of being “up with the big boys” (when demand for tickets is 30k+ per match as opposed to 6k (majority die hards)

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I’m fine thanks, not angry and like you were there during the Withdean years (and the war years and long before that).

I suppose if I was to challenge anything in your previous post it is the implication that the current ticket allocation isn’t as good as it was during the Withdean years, hence my mention of being “up with the big boys” (when demand for tickets is 30k+ per match as opposed to 6k (majority die hards)

Cool so I’m sure you can relate to the simplicity of ticket availability, back then which was my point really
As opposed to the incoming phone nonsense which imho will impact on bums on seats
I understand COVID is a factor But realistically are we going to be above 50% before Xmas ? Anyway
I understand the whys but I think it needs looking into moving forward

Any advice on this one.... I usually go with my son, he is off to uni this year and will only be able to attend about 7 games or so. Would it be better to upgrade his ticket to an adult (rather than under 21) and pay the extra £20 on top to take a mate or pay for upgrades each game. I will probably sell some tickets back to the club.

I'd say get the adult ST. I'm in a similar boat. Upgrades are based on the inflated price of the matchday ticket so I think that's where you lose out. The only snag is the people you take have to be the 25 quid members, if it's just the one or two mates then not too bad, an array then it's a faff

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You still have got the option to do that 6 times a season as before without paying a £20 fee or the recipient needing to be an Albion+ member. That is pretty much a 1/3rd of the games that you could pass it on.:thumbsup:

Ah, I missed that and have binned the stuff that came in post. Will wade through the club site and hopefully find it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And that ability hasn’t been removed as far as I can see.

Sorry, I misread the post you were quoting. The main moan on the thread has been thy you can no longer informally pass your ticket on to a mate, ignoring the fact that you were never supposed to do that anyway.
If you were never supposed to do it why did they say at the ST sales presentations that a blind eye would be turned to doing so ? Hmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here