Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Scot in the crowd celebrating with the Uruguayans tonight...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hmm. Wouldn't say i was 'precious'. I just have an opinion, as does the Scot. He displayed his opinion, i'm displaying mine.

If a lone Scot, in a crowd of football supporters in Brazil pisses you off, you really need to get out more.

Luckily, NSC posters have never taken the piss out of the other home nations...oh wait...that may be incorrect.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I dont feel 'sorry' for him...

He achieved what he probably set out to do...piss-off a load of English people, who werent at the match...the reactions on here are pretty funny. Talk about precious.

I suspect that's absolute bollards, are you actually suggesting that was his goal? Or is it that he is just a rabidly anti English Scot supporting Uruguay. Supporting the opponent of your rivals to that degree says more about his outlook on life than anything else.....

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It seems i'm giving off an impression that the Scot has wound me up. Not really, in fact i wasn't even aware of his presence until this morning. He's only doing what we would do if the Scots lost. Just thought i'd take part in some banter, but obviously not worth it. Back to work then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And there has never been a thread on here in the last season cheering a Palace or Sunderland defeat ..... no siree .... never.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Obviously Scots or people of Scottish extraction living in Brazil. Find the crying on here astonishing. I'm glad England got knocked out - World Cups are the domain of the plastic (people who care as much about football as most of the folk who watch Wimbledon or the Boat Race care about tennis/rowing). NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support, but I guess a stadium named for plastic attracts it. Sad really, used to have more respect for you - don't know any Charlton who care about England and I'm one of very few even following Iran. But sorry to hear of your loss, yeah.

What a load of shite. I've been on NSC, in all its various guises, since 1997 when it was first conceived. And I can assure you that, even when BHA were playing home matches in front of 3000 at Gillingham, the average poster on here cared a lot about how England did in all the WC and Euro tournaments over the past 18 years.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And there has never been a thread on here in the last season cheering a Palace or Sunderland defeat ..... no siree .... never.

Different to turning up to the away end at Selhurst for a premier league match in your albion shirt and waving a flag though.

Edit: this has just reminded me of the sad palace **** who did this for our game at Derby back in 12/13.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I suspect that's absolute bollards, are you actually suggesting that was his goal? Or is it that he is just a rabidly anti English Scot supporting Uruguay. Supporting the opponent of your rivals to that degree says more about his outlook on life than anything else.....

Losing your mind over a supporter of our oldest footballing enemies, because he cheered a goal against us is precious in the extreme.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It seems i'm giving off an impression that the Scot has wound me up. Not really, in fact i wasn't even aware of his presence until this morning. He's only doing what we would do if the Scots lost. Just thought i'd take part in some banter, but obviously not worth it. Back to work then.

Fair enough

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Mark McConville from Glasgow, who was in Brazil donating football strips to kids in the Amazon.

Probably the only way of shifting those awful away strips - apart from the ones our CMS and GG get to wear as Brighton-based Scottish internationals.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Obviously Scots or people of Scottish extraction living in Brazil. Find the crying on here astonishing. I'm glad England got knocked out - World Cups are the domain of the plastic (people who care as much about football as most of the folk who watch Wimbledon or the Boat Race care about tennis/rowing). NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support, but I guess a stadium named for plastic attracts it. Sad really, used to have more respect for you - don't know any Charlton who care about England and I'm one of very few even following Iran. But sorry to hear of your loss, yeah.

Coming from a fan of Charlton "We hate Palace (but please don't hurt us, we're a family club)" Athletic? **** right off.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support, but I guess a stadium named for plastic attracts it.

I don't think Brighton fans need any lessons in plastic support from Charlton. It strikes me that you're the bitter one here. I remember the adverts in Worthing and Gillingham advertising tickets complete with free bus ride to your games. What's the matter? Now your sides out the top flight and we're not so bad, everything about football's shit is it? That's a coincidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here