Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Scot in the crowd celebrating with the Uruguayans tonight...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I watched Scotland v Iran, and Scotland v Peru in the 78 world cup in a pub in Edinburgh, that was a bit more than interesting, i still bear the scars

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Obviously Scots or people of Scottish extraction living in Brazil. Find the crying on here astonishing. I'm glad England got knocked out - World Cups are the domain of the plastic (people who care as much about football as most of the folk who watch Wimbledon or the Boat Race care about tennis/rowing). NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support, but I guess a stadium named for plastic attracts it. Sad really, used to have more respect for you - don't know any Charlton who care about England and I'm one of very few even following Iran. But sorry to hear of your loss, yeah.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's got to be tough nowadays for the best fans in the world* to have no genuine reason, such as your own team qualifying, to turn up at a major football tournament.

(* international edition, not Pompey you ****ing idiots)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Obviously Scots or people of Scottish extraction living in Brazil. Find the crying on here astonishing. I'm glad England got knocked out - World Cups are the domain of the plastic (people who care as much about football as most of the folk who watch Wimbledon or the Boat Race care about tennis/rowing). NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support, but I guess a stadium named for plastic attracts it. Sad really, used to have more respect for you - don't know any Charlton who care about England and I'm one of very few even following Iran. But sorry to hear of your loss, yeah.

Spot on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

What utter tripe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Part of me thought it was funny, part of me thought it was pathetic, part of me thought it was sad. But mostly it's pathetic because Scotland themselves haven't been to a major tournament finals since 1998. I actually look forward to the next time they do qualify because they are excellent fans.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

What a load of crap.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You'll have a long wait

It's easier to qualify for Euro 2016, what with there being more places. Their in a tough group, though- with Germany, Poland, Ireland, Georgia and Gibralter being the main threats......

Thought it was neither 'funny' nor 'pathetic'. How about, he had a few quid, went out there, bought a few tickets blind, got pissed up, a bit of a suntan, a blow job for ten pesos and found himself in the Uruguay bit and just joined in, good luck to him, he hasn't ruined my life in any way

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I do feel sorry for him, and the rest of them. Basically, a World Cup to them is all about cheering for a team losing, rather than having the opportunity to cheer their own team winning. At the end of the day, at least we will always have a ticket to the party, Scotland is the awkward little brother that no-one wants to tag along.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont feel 'sorry' for him...

He achieved what he probably set out to do...piss-off a load of English people, who werent at the match...the reactions on here are pretty funny. Talk about precious.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
NSC would never have given a stuff about England one or two world cups ago, back when you had a true (non-hipster and capacity limited) support

Utter nonsense. All of it, but particularly this.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hmm. Wouldn't say i was 'precious'. I just have an opinion, as does the Scot. He displayed his opinion, i'm displaying mine.
I dont feel 'sorry' for him...

He achieved what he probably set out to do...piss-off a load of English people, who werent at the match...the reactions on here are pretty funny. Talk about precious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here