chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
10 games to go:

AWAY: Liverpool, Brentford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle,
HOME: Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd

Currently : P28: Pts 42, 8th

Better than: 17/18 (40) , 18/19 (36), 19/20 (41) , 20/21 (41)

To beat 21/22 - we need 10 points out of 30. - 9th, 51 points
To beat 22/23 - we need 21 points out of 30 - 6th, 62 points
Perhaps Europe , if we're lucky and it goes down to 7th or 8th is somewhere between the two....

In with a shout - definitely.
Tough - given we're playing 5 out of the top 6 and the top 3 title chasing juggernauts.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
10 games to go:

AWAY: Liverpool, Brentford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle,
HOME: Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd

Currently : P28: Pts 42, 8th

Better than: 17/18 (40) , 18/19 (36), 19/20 (41) , 20/21 (41)

To beat 21/22 - we need 10 points out of 30. - 9th, 51 points
To beat 22/23 - we need 21 points out of 30 - 6th, 62 points
Perhaps Europe , if we're lucky and it goes down to 7th or 8th is somewhere between the two....

In with a shout - definitely.
Tough - given we're playing 5 out of the top 6 and the top 3 title chasing juggernauts.
Can see us playing Newcastle in the last game of the season with a Conference place at stake.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
20240311_173409.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we already know which games will end 1-1.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I much prefer our chances of getting 6 points out of Man Utd and Villa than I do out of Burnley and Bournemouth TBH

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Liverpool win Europa League I believe there is an extra space via the league
The only way there is an extra place via the league is if England are one of the top two nations on this seasons co-efficient totals. In that case 5th would get a Champions League spot and the other places would filter down a league position. Liverpool winning the Europa League would help towards that but the points are built over the whole season so we need other clubs to go deep. Italy and Germany currently lead the way with England third, so chances won't be helped if West Ham and Brighton are knocked out by Freiberg and Roma.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have completely mixed thoughts on this.

Part of me:
Top 10 is fine and another very good season. Don't mind no Europe next season whatsoever.

Other part:
We’d normally be so so so excited to be in with a sniff of Europe so it’s a huge chance despite tough fixtures.

Other part:
With the injuries and clearly not being up to last season’s standards I just don’t think we’re good enough for Europe etc and the season can just play out after we’ve been thoroughly spoilt recently.

I’m just unsure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The only way there is an extra place via the league is if England are one of the top two nations on this seasons co-efficient totals. In that case 5th would get a Champions League spot and the other places would filter down a league position. Liverpool winning the Europa League would help towards that but the points are built over the whole season so we need other clubs to go deep. Italy and Germany currently lead the way with England third, so chances won't be helped if West Ham and Brighton are knocked out by Freiberg and Roma.
Saw a think that said (before latest games) we’re still 80% ish likely to get that top 2. Depends on Arsenal & West Ham / Villa a fair bit now. But I’m expecting 8th to be enough. As long as Chelsea or someone don’t win the Fa cup.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have completely mixed thoughts on this.

Part of me:
Top 10 is fine and another very good season. Don't mind no Europe next season whatsoever.

Other part:
We’d normally be so so so excited to be in with a sniff of Europe so it’s a huge chance despite tough fixtures.

Other part:
With the injuries and clearly not being up to last season’s standards I just don’t think we’re good enough for Europe etc and the season can just play out after we’ve been thoroughly spoilt recently.

I’m just unsure.
Agree with that. Would take top 10, absolutely a decent season, but still be delighted if we manage to qualify again - plenty of scope to use the learnings from this season to be better prepared next season. If we don't qualify, I can see us having a brilliant league campaign next season and qualifying for Europe then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The team has gained 15 points from the last 10 games, the same again gets a somewhat unlikely 57 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here