[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I presume you read HGTTG? "Dent, Arthur Dent" and all that. The ruler of the universe was the one bloke among all those in the frame who didn't want the job. He lived in a shed, in the rain, with his cat (called 'The Lord' or somesuch), giving unfathomable advice to those who sought guidance, and pieces of fish to his cat. Not that he saw it as 'his' cat. I've always liked that.

(If only GB hadn't decided that what the people wanted to see was him grinning. <sigh>)

:thumbsup:
Or that he should like The Arctic Monkeys! I don't want my PM to have enough time available to be into music to the level that I am. And hands off Gillian Welch Cameron!

Douglas Adams was another lovely old misanthrope.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Because it's a specific type of self belief that seems unique to those who have been through the higher echelons of the British public school system, one of the life advantages that parents actually pay these 'charities' to give their offspring. Its a superficial charming confidence that can disarm and mask a belief in innate superiority. Had Boris Johnson not had it, he would never have got anywhere near public office. He was a proven liar many times over, but he didn't see consequences nor have to consider the fall out from his actions because he had been taught from a very early age that he was one of what Tom Wolfe called the 'Masters of the Universe' and that whatever was good for him, would be good for the world in general.

For Cameron it meant that he was quite willing to gamble the country's economic future, the British Union and peace in Northern Ireland to try to solve an internal wrangle in the Conservative Party - Like the arrogant fools who sent the Light Brigade into the Valley of Death and those who sent a generation to their deaths in the Somme, like those who messed up in Suez, or carved up continents to benefit them and their old school friends, he never considered that he may lose, because he'd been taught to believe in his own invincibility. He and his class knew what was best and the people whose lives they treated as currency just didn't matter because they were the pawns not the kings:

That's why public school arrogance. Those of us taught at comprehensives will generally always have doubt. Those who've been through that education system are blessed with the mistaken self belief that they are the best of us and can be trusted to make the decisions that are best for nations. I say blessed, because they can be sure that even if their decisions are catstrophiacally wrong, it will be others that face the worst of the consequences.
I went to public school / private education and I am wracked with insecurities.

Mind you, I hated every minute of the five years I was sent away for. I mean HATED. Leaving there was the best day of my life, before or since.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Suella leadership play'

A comedy or tragedy ?
Cosplay.

Trouble is, even madness like this can come true:

1699892795821.png

1699892815486.png

1699892854142.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went to public school / private education and I am wracked with insecurities.

Mind you, I hated every minute of the five years I was sent away for. I mean HATED. Leaving there was the best day of my life, before or since.
You didn't have the right genes for it :wink:

Weirdly my grand dad and uncle were both freemasons and became chairman of the licensed victuallers association. The chain was probably broken when my dad saw Mosely and his blackshirts marching down Tooley street, and decided to become a communist (for a few weeks, anyway). Oh, and it's difficult even liking the elite let alone aspiring to join it when you're autistic, as I have discovered to my amusement.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I firmly believe Liz Truss has mental health issues and learning difficulties.

She’s rather other.
Merely a reach that exceeds her grasp, I suspect.

(And, I mean, who hasn't dressed up to look like Margaret Thatcher? ???)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You didn't have the right genes for it :wink:

Weirdly my grand dad and uncle were both freemasons and became chairman of the licensed victuallers association. The chain was probably broken when my dad saw Mosely and his blackshirts marching down Tooley street, and decided to become a communist (for a few weeks, anyway). Oh, and it's difficult even liking the elite let alone aspiring to join it when you're autistic, as I have discovered to my amusement.
Ha!

I was on a military scholarship as we were a feeder school for Sandhurst. Put me off the military.

I was also poor. And rich kids can smell poor.

Without going into detail, to this day I view people with wealth with suspicion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha!

I was on a military scholarship as we were a feeder school for Sandhurst. Put me off the military.

I was also poor. And rich kids can smell poor.

Without going into detail, to this day I view people with wealth with suspicion.
You have provided plenty enough info. No need for more. I appreciate you had a terrible time. I'm sorry if I seemed facetious. It was a joke. Albeit the likelihood of thriving in a public school, when all other factors are accounted for, is likely to be genes, with pupils directed their by parents who favour that system.

My missus has just finished editing a book which is a reminiscence of a former pupil of a certain school, drooling over its virtues. She doesn't like the book, and likes it even less now I have told her about an old pal of mine went to that school and was bullied, beaten and abused there. His dad was second in command to an ambassador overseas, hence the arrangement. My pal, sadly for him, is almost certainly a late- (or never)- diagnosed resident of the autistic end of the spectrum, and has spent his life at loggerheads with employees, systems, corruption and cant. Bless him. AKA: mad as a snake, albeit deeply entertaining and a very good man. It is what it is.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get David over to the middle east ASAP so he can win the Nobel peace prize.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That Suella leadership play in full

stunt fail GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports