Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just checked his Wikipedia to see how he wants to be known today.

massive cock

In fairness he was Home Secretary for a few hours between Sue Ellen leaving for illegally sharing confidential documents with a CJTC and getting reinstated in a move to thwart BJ from getting back in.

This shower of shit really do need to f*** the f*** off to f*** off for f***ing ever f***ing land
Let’s all hope he’s sitting behind a desk.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I can't think of any who would contest either of those.

Actually, I can think of three for the first part. One of whom has quit. I certainly can't think of any for the second part.

This. It's bollocks to suggest 4-8 people would leap to defend Hamas.

On the Israel-Palestine thread, most posters have been fairly balanced in their views.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This. It's bollocks to suggest 4-8 people would leap to defend Hamas.

On the Israel-Palestine thread, most posters have been fairly balanced in their views.
Nope, they wouldn’t leap to defend Hamas. They’d ignore the part they agree with, then only comment on the part they care more about and negate the entire prior paragraph.

This is wilfully missing the point and why threads like this end in the Bear Pit, because there is absolutely no nuance to the discussion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is one of the reasons I post less on here. An obvious agitator banned and removed permanently, why not? Surely not for the clicks? As for our Home Secretary, stirring racial tension and personally i would say accountable for the violence today, Sunak must be shamed for not dealing with this.
NSC is mostly excellent, as evidenced by the kerfuffle every time one of the dwindling band of plums rears his silly head.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope, they wouldn’t leap to defend Hamas. They’d ignore the part they agree with, then only comment on the part they care more about and negate the entire prior paragraph.

This is wilfully missing the point and why threads like this end in the Bear Pit, because there is absolutely no nuance to the discussion.
There is no Bear Pit now. Threads which were put there, was for too much personal abuse, not differing opinions.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He could get round it by a Cabinet shuffle and ‘demoting‘ her to a minor role.
Yes, I agree, he could - but she is effectively being accused of insurrection by many political commentators and other politicians. And would she take the humiliation of a shove sideways? The lawyer that once held the highest legal appointment in the land? Would her anti-immigration, anti-woke allies accept it quietly? Someone that once positioned herself as a replacement to Boris - who has already been sacked from Cabinet by this Government? As you say, it would be a demotion unless she was promoted to say the Secretary of Defence for example (which would be ironic). If he does ‘sack’ her - She will ‘resign’ of course for ‘irreconcilable differences’ with Sunak, saying how much she has enjoyed working with him but feels she can do more to help the homeless people of this Country and refugees from the back bench’ yada yada - either option would derail her career imo. She’s p1ssed off an awful lot of MPs this time and has been getting increasingly isolated - would Sunak even want her in any cabinet position or see her for what she is, an albatross around the neck of a Party already treading deep water. She will be able to do more damage to Sunak by going but could do more damage to the Party by staying.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agreed…I’d definitely not suggest walking a type rope as a living for those involved

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, I agree, he could - but she is effectively being accused of insurrection by many political commentators and other politicians. And would she take the humiliation of a shove sideways? The lawyer that once held the highest legal appointment in the land? Would her anti-immigration, anti-woke allies accept it quietly? Someone that once positioned herself as a replacement to Boris - who has already been sacked from Cabinet by this Government? As you say, it would be a demotion unless she was promoted to say the Secretary of Defence for example (which would be ironic). If he does ‘sack’ her - She will ‘resign’ of course for ‘irreconcilable differences’ with Sunak, saying how much she has enjoyed working with him but feels she can do more to help the homeless people of this Country and refugees from the back bench’ yada yada - either option would derail her career imo. She’s p1ssed off an awful lot of MPs this time and has been getting increasingly isolated - would Sunak even want her in any cabinet position or see her for what she is, an albatross around the neck of a Party already treading deep water. She will be able to do more damage to Sunak by going but could do more damage to the Party by staying.
Sounding like a expert political commentator there Zeb

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
The newspaper headlines:

Alongside this, a shout out for the Met, who I thought did a good job on a very difficult day, and who sustained injuries while protecting the public.

It’s a rare thing to be praising the Met for balanced, honest policing, but I feel that on the whole they played a blinder yesterday.

A lot of unnecessary additional pressure placed on the Met by a Home Secretary who to my mind has knowingly and deliberately incited hatred, and I do wish that she was held to account for it. Sadly I feel that will be considered a step too far.

If she is still in position at the end of this week, we will know that Sunak is effectively a puppet leader, held hostage by the far-right of the party to put a semi-respectable veneer on a party of frothing lunatics. Can the country stand another year of this?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There is no Bear Pit now. Threads which were put there, was for too much personal abuse, not differing opinions.
There’s been plenty of that on the Israel thread but given the emotive subject, there were about 3 mods keeping a very close eye on things and stepped in 🙂

- @jcdenton08 has a point though - which I have seen played out again and again (and which I’ve mentioned before) on social media- most people using internet forums and social media tend to condense issues down into binary form in part because responses are necessarily typically short and not particularly deep and most people want to have a clear line of argument that they can perpetuate and have a little bit of solid, raised ground from upon which to espouse moral certitudes - therefore most ‘heated’ debates become dichotomous discussions - rather like two opposing sides shouting at each other from opposite sides of a canyon - it is much harder to argue a position of objective neutrality or put forward a more nuanced point of view that embraces elements on both sides of a discussion because invariably it is not heard or simply too difficult to accomplish in a few short paragraphs - (and actually those that do take a more nuanced stand often find themselves being ‘attacked from both sides for doing so’!) - 🤷‍♂️
It’s a rare thing to be praising the Met for balanced, honest policing, but I feel that on the whole they played a blinder yesterday.

A lot of unnecessary additional pressure placed on the Met by a Home Secretary who to my mind has knowingly and deliberately incited hatred, and I do wish that she was held to account for it. Sadly I feel that will be considered a step too far.
I agree - especially as they stood up to the HS trying illegally to ban the demonstration in the first place (since when did we have to rely on the Met to uphold civil liberties 😳!) - They put up with her dog whistling to the far-right for days when it was they who would be on the front line and then they had to put up with the PM and HS basically telling the Met that they would be held responsible ‘then’ for any civil disobedience since they were the ones who were allowing it to go ahead. This government has done it’s damndest to politicise the police for their own political agenda - thank goodness at least the police recognise that we in Britain are not yet living in a police state .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I wasn't wilfully missing the point but perhaps I misunderstood you.

When you said certain posters would "jump on" one of your points if you tried to express a balanced view, I assumed you meant people would disagree with one side.

All I was saying was the Israel-Palestine thread has been fairly balanced (with some notable exceptions). Saying you're against bombing hospitals but Hamas are a problem is utterly uncontroversial. I really don't see there being a group of posters who would call you out on it, especially the latter point (one or two might respond to the first or at least reply with a laughing emoji).

Obviously, most people don't feel the need to say "Hamas are bad" every time they say "bombing hospitals is bad" either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This will be Suella Braverman's legacy.....

It’s such a shame that these twats have totally derailed this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here