[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Agree. They're genius on power, and the 1922 have been oh so effective in securing that.
Not so sure the smoking ban will make the history books, but we'll see.

Literally no chance the 1922 will look to replace their leader now. They've done it two times already in this parliament. They know how they currently look. They'll have to spend some time in opposition. The 1922 know that. They will also be working out how to keep their time in opposition to a minimum (perhaps including changing their leadership election rules, to reduce the role of their members).
I agree - they are very powerful and also agree that it would be astonishing if they tried to replace another PM before going back to the polls as I said above. But we shall see - I wouldn’t put anything past this bunch of weasels. My post though was more about the possibility of Braverman being sacked which I do think is becoming increasingly likely.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree - they are very powerful and also agree that it would be astonishing if they tried to replace another PM before going back to the polls as I said above. But we shall see - I wouldn’t put anything past this bunch of weasels. My post though was more about the possibility of Braverman being sacked which I do think is becoming increasingly likely.
I'd be amazed if it didn't happen tomorrow.*
Sunak has basically slammed her with his comments today. She can't last.
But, then again, given how precarious their position is, can he sack her?

*Edit: wouldn't it be nice if it was synchronised with us scoring a goal tomorrow?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully he will as her end game is being Conservative Party Leader

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'd be amazed if it didn't happen tomorrow.*
Sunak has basically slammed her with his comments today. She can't last.

*Edit: wouldn't it be nice if it was synchronised with us scoring a goal tomorrow?
She’ll probably be gone by Monday (as I said last Thursday) - I don’t think he has a choice - but I think people are also underestimating the depth to which far-right ideology has crept to the centre of British politics - if he doesn’t sack her, I would be very worried as to the reasons why.

And yes:

Brighton 3 - Braverman 0 😉

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No need to be rude tbh - I wasn’t trying to give you one - just addressing your assumption that for the 1922 to be going into overdrive, equates with the party ‘exploding’ which is what you were suggesting - it doesn’t - it’s how it normally works when it smells dangerous rumblings in the front benches

I disagree with your belief that the Tories are now reconciled to losing the next election - No political party ‘reconciles itself to loss’ in advance of an election - the whole art of politics is about ever increasingly finding ways to retain power when you have it and the Tories have shown no sign of lying down and ‘letting’ Labour win - maybe (actually quite likely) Labour will win but I honestly don’t believe we are looking at a party resigned to losing - they may be resigned to losing bi-elections in the past but not GEs. But that is just my POV as is yours is yours.

Intention is not always the same as the result.

The party are in huge numbers (both MPs and members) reconciled to losing the next election and are debating what comes next. Not all but enough.

Of course there is no lying down and letting Labour win (they will give it a good stab) but at the the time there is parallel activity and engineering behind the scenes as to what they will look like in opposition. They are in relative new ground in their history with the in-fighting, they know they need a reboot.

That sense of long term strategy is why the Conservatives are the most successful political party.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In the spirit of the awful 'Football Lads'

Sacked in the morning
You're getting sacked in the morning
Sacked I the morning
Sue Ellen's sacked in the morning

Monday, not tomorrow .... Spineless Sunack will wait until after any further aggro on Remembrance Sunday from her proud boys.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Champion question deflector and all round clown Grant Shapps is being wheeled out to not answer questions about her on Kuennssberg tomorrow. She must be gone by Monday morning surely?

Just checked his Wikipedia to see how he wants to be known today.

massive cock

In fairness he was Home Secretary for a few hours between Sue Ellen leaving for illegally sharing confidential documents with a CJTC and getting reinstated in a move to thwart BJ from getting back in.

This shower of shit really do need to f*** the f*** off to f*** off for f***ing ever f***ing land

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In the spirit of the awful 'Football Lads'

Sacked in the morning
You're getting sacked in the morning
Sacked I the morning
Sue Ellen's sacked in the morning

Monday, not tomorrow .... Spineless Sunack will wait until after any further aggro on Remembrance Sunday from her proud boys.
Your now calling her Sue Ellen - I should have copyrighted it 😂
‘Goodnight Sue Ellen’
You need to add the ‘Goodnight’ though otherwise it doesn’t work - people won’t get the reference.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve experienced first hand what this place is like if you add nuance to an argument that even a small clique generally agree with. It can seem very much like unless you say the exact approved verbiage about a subject, the same four to eight posters immediately disregard and wilfully “misunderstand” your posts.

For example, saying

“I am absolutely 100% against Israel’s forcing of a war on Palestine, and feel that the bombing of hospitals and nurseries is inhumane and horrific.

However, Hamas are a massive problem and their murder of civilians, hostage taking and attack on Israel was absolutely horrific too.”

I know in my mind immediately which four to eight posters will jump on the second part, I know which handful of people will jump on the first part - and I know that intelligent, nuanced discourse with these people is impossible after years and years of social politics on NSC.
I can't think of any who would contest either of those.

Actually, I can think of three for the first part. One of whom has quit. I certainly can't think of any for the second part.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Suella Braverman's real name is Sue-Ellen. Her parents named her after the Dallas character. Her mother was a huge fan.

Her name was shortened by her primary school teachers who didn't like the hyphen.

She revealed all in an interview a few years ago, so I presume she has the copyright.

So my name is actually Sue-Ellen because my mum was a fan of Dallas and thought this would be a great name for her daughter. I’ve been plagued ever since.

I worked with an Indian woman called Chrissie and had to ask. Her parents were huge tennis fans and named her after Chris Evert.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That’s the Waltons, rather than Dallas.
Indeed - and I coined the ‘goodnight’ part of ‘Goodnight Sue Ellen’ in an earlier post in reference to her possibly being sacked, obviously with the ‘Sue Ellen’ of the Waltons in mind (not her real namesake Sue-Ellen of Dallas!)

Interesting analysis here - and talks about the possibility of a right wing backlash from backbenchers if she’s sacked

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed - and I coined the ‘goodnight’ part of ‘Goodnight Sue Ellen’ in an earlier post in reference to her possibly being sacked, obviously with the ‘Sue Ellen’ of the Waltons in mind (not her real namesake Sue-Ellen of Dallas!)

Interesting analysis here - and talks about the possibility of a right wing backlash from backbenchers if she’s sacked

He could get round it by a Cabinet shuffle and ‘demoting‘ her to a minor role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports