Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well, this has backfired on Braverman.

Only disorder is being caused by far right thugs.

Just as we all thought it would be.

****s.
Probably not how it will be portrayed though. One minor arrest for something trifling at the march later will get all the headlines.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Perplexed as to why the BBC website has labelled this as a Pro-Palestinian march. It is not. My understanding is that most are marching for a ceasefire. The BBC is being forced or unwittingly reinforcing Braverman's line and creating division and polarity. Shame on those website copywriters.

Might it have something to do with the thousands of Palestinian flags and numerous signs and songs exclusively supporting the Palestinian cause while always condemning Israel?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There's also the Lord Mayors show on tommorow too from 11ish in central London, that's going to need a police presence.
It’s all after The Lord Mayors Show.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I went on two of the largest demos in our history (Iraq war and countryside) and yet i don’t recall any of the controversies, disorder concerns or disquiet about hijacking by politicians, the press, rent a mob or extremists. As far as I was aware at the time, a peace march was simply a peace march.
Following this thread has left me more confused as to what is really going on or is likely to occur over this weekend, but the whole subject matter feels like a sad indictment of our current society.
They were two of the most peaceful probably - I remember numerous marches that your comments in bold applied to in some way - the miners strike - hijacked by heavy-handed police tactics that led to a suspicion of a political (Thatcherite) bias, the poll tax marches (and associated riots), Climate change marches, particularly the G7 protests, apparently hijacked by rent a mobs working for global oil companies and other globalised industries. I also remember the frequent NF violent clashes with the anti-nazi League - in fact far-right groups seemed to turn up at every march agitating peaceful protest - (agitating football crowds too btw and still do see below). Protests I attended (peacefully) against the Criminal Justice Act of 1994 - turned aggressive when mounted police charged at protesters (these protests were protesting about the very rights to protest being curtailed)

Again today,

“Outbreaks of disorder by far right mar Armistice Day​

Outbreaks of disorder marred Armistice Day as hundreds of football fans and members of the far right gathered by the Cenotaph on Whitehall. A number of them explicitly stated that they had come because of the home secretary Suella Braverman’s comments over pro-Palestinian “hate marches” and that police treated them unfavourably compared with “politically correct minority groups”. The former leader of the English Defence League Tommy Robinson was among a number of far-right figures present. In the buildup to the two-minute silence elements of the crowd broke down metal gates to get closer to the Cenotaph. Later, dozens of those present could be seen – some holding Israeli flags – attempting to reach the pro-Palestine march with the Met’s Territorial Support Group intercepting them.”

As I said in an earlier post, this was entirely predictable as soon as far-right groups got involved with the Armistice Day Peace march proposal and why Suella’s Braverman’s dog whistling to the far right in the past month by demonising Palestinian Peace marches and protests to justify the UK’s support of Israel, has done more to agitate civil disobedience this weekend than any peace demonstration.

Her position is untenable after this and if she is not sacked early next week, I think it would be safe to say that the tentacles of far-right political ideology has spread deep into the heart of British politics.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They were two of the most peaceful probably - I remember numerous marches that your comments in bold applied to in some way - the miners strike - hijacked by heavy-handed police tactics that led to a suspicion of a political (Thatcherite) bias, the poll tax marches (and associated riots), Climate change marches, particularly the G7 protests, apparently hijacked by rent a mobs working for global oil companies and other globalised industries. I also remember the frequent NF violent clashes with the anti-nazi League - in fact far-right groups seemed to turn up at every march agitating peaceful protest - (agitating football crowds too btw and still do see below). Protests I attended (peacefully) against the Criminal Justice Act of 1994 - turned aggressive when mounted police charged at protesters (these protests were protested about the very rights to protest being curtailed)

Again today,

Outbreaks of disorder marred Armistice Day as hundreds of football fans and members of the far right gathered by the Cenotaph on Whitehall. A number of them explicitly stated that they had come because of the home secretary Suella Braverman’s comments over pro-Palestinian “hate marches” and that police treated them unfavourably compared with “politically correct minority groups”. The former leader of the English Defence League Tommy Robinson was among a number of far-right figures present. In the buildup to the two-minute silence elements of the crowd broke down metal gates to get closer to the Cenotaph. Later, dozens of those present could be seen – some holding Israeli flags – attempting to reach the pro-Palestine march with the Met’s Territorial Support Group intercepting them.”

As I said in an earlier post, this was entirely predictable as soon as far-right groups got involved with the Armistice Day Peace march proposal and why Suella’s Braverman’s dog whistling to the far right in the past month by demonising Palestinian Peace marches and protests to justify the UK’s support of Israel, has done more to agitate civil disobedience this weekend than any peace demonstration.

Her position is untenable after this and if she is not sacked early next week, I think it would be safe to say that the tentacles of far-right political ideology has spread deep into the heart of British politics.

They were two of the most peaceful probably - I remember numerous marches that your comments in bold applied to in some way - the miners strike - hijacked by heavy-handed police tactics that led to a suspicion of a political (Thatcherite) bias, the poll tax marches (and associated riots), Climate change marches, particularly the G7 protests, apparently hijacked by rent a mobs working for global oil companies and other globalised industries. I also remember the frequent NF violent clashes with the anti-nazi League - in fact far-right groups seemed to turn up at every march agitating peaceful protest - (agitating football crowds too btw and still do see below). Protests I attended (peacefully) against the Criminal Justice Act of 1994 - turned aggressive when mounted police charged at protesters (these protests were protested about the very rights to protest being curtailed)

Again today,

Sadly, she won't be, and even more sadly, I believe that to be the case.
However, it will never be in my name, no matter how many Yaxley-Lennon clones are out there. Scum, pure scum - the lot of them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But Tommy Robinson and his followers wish to protect the Cenotaph, why would the Met Police set up an exclusion zone around the Cenotaph aimed at people who are there to supposedly protect the Cenotaph. Isn't it more likely that the Police are more concerned about breakaway groups from the pro Palestine march ?
It appears that the Police had it right. Who are the groups breaking down barriers around the Cenotaph and attacking the Police? Who is the group with 50+ arrested already? The hundreds of thousands marching for peace somewhere else in the capital? Or the neo-Nazis marching for war, murder, hate and fascism. People who can fight but can’t think. The nastiest ****s this country has to offer.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
20231111_154958.jpg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It appears that the Police had it right. Who are the groups breaking down barriers around the Cenotaph and attacking the Police? Who is the group with 50+ arrested already? The hundreds of thousands marching for peace somewhere else in the capital? Or the neo-Nazis marching for war, murder, hate and fascism. People who can fight but can’t think. The nastiest ****s this country has to offer.
They had previous history to go on and most of the EDL members would be on a database, particularly Tommy Robinson (formerly the of the BNP) has been for years - they’ve infiltrated British football hooliganism for years (along with Combat 88 and other neo-nazi groups) however, you have to ask, how the hell did Tommy Robinson and his fascist minions become centre stage in what is supposed to be a weekend of peaceful remembrance and a desire for ceasefire in ongoing conflicts?

This is all about a far right Braverman having her eye on the leadership of the Nasty Party - it always was - but what a dangerous threat to liberal democracy she is - our own Trump using insurrection as a launch pad for personal political gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here