Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it’s a shame the cenotaph is being dragged into this. I think any campaigner, pro-Israel, pro-Palestine, JSO or frankly anyone should do the right thing and not bring such a symbol of remembrance into the current issues in the world.
I don't think they have, have they? The frothing about the cenotaph has come from Tories, the RW press and, frankly, thick twats, no?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
And, I'm sorry to say, whats the point of the march anyway, it might make people feel good about themeselves but it wont stop

a) Israel trying to eliminate Hamas (they've already said that no matter how many marches take place in western capitals, the war and its consequences fror the innocent population goes on)
b) The British governments support of Israel
c) The Opposition (Kier Starmers) support of Israels right to defend itself and his refusal to call for a ceasefire.

Unfortunately we are powerless to change anything and have to wait for things to run their course and hope the suffering of the innocent Palestinian people doesn't last much longer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it’s a shame the cenotaph is being dragged into this. I think any campaigner, pro-Israel, pro-Palestine, JSO or frankly anyone should do the right thing and not bring such a symbol of remembrance into the current issues in the world.

How many times does this very very simple fact have to be explained :facepalm:

Nobody other than Suella Braverman is dragging the cenotaph into this. Different place, different time, different day :shrug:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The peace protest march in not due to start til 13.00 ( 2 hours after the symbolic 11/11 11.00 ) and starts and finishes and goes nowhere near The Cenotaph. Fantastic work by the right-wing media and its lackeys has created this false " threat " to The Cenotaph in order to create more anger and division... but, there will be trouble of some sort almost for sure now that the gullible have been mobilised.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How many times does this very very simple fact have to be explained :facepalm:

Nobody other than Suella Braverman is dragging the cenotaph into this. Different place, different day :shrug:
Right. But the cenotaph has been dragged into this, and it is a shame. Everything I said is true and highly uncontroversial - it isn’t really a post which is up for debate.

My views on Braverman are very, very clear.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Right. But the cenotaph has been dragged into this, and it is a shame. Everything I said is true and highly uncontroversial - it isn’t really a post which is up for debate.

Who, other than you and Braverman has dragged the cenotaph into this :shrug:

Is something 'trending on social media' that says if you don't understand maps, calendars or clocks, then this thread on Northstandchat is the one for you :dunce:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Who, other than you and Braverman has dragged the cenotaph into this :shrug:

Is something 'trending on social media' that says if you don't understand maps, calendars or clocks, then this thread on Northstandchat is the one for you :dunce:
There’s really no need to get upset or aggressive. I’ll leave you to it.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Desperate for some sort of response to Braverman and the Cabal's baiting :lolol:
No, thats on Sunday innit, with the arrival of the football lads. Right around the time theyre marching to Trafalgar Square, I shall be hopefully be plastered on the North Stand concourse at the Amex and hopefully not accidently making my way into the female Khazi instead of the mens, like last time :blush:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There’s really no need to get upset or aggressive. I’ll leave you to it.
Just before you leave, why did you bring the cenotaph into it ? I have spent a lot time on remembrance days remembering in both official and personal roles and am interested why you raised the cenotaph ?

I'm not upset or aggressive, but I do feel that you're denigrating a lot of my time over the years.

Last edited:

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
1699647224055.pngIMG_1397.jpeg
Separated at birth. One went on to be a top notch laugh out loud entertainer. The other was POB.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The peace protest march in not due to start til 13.00 ( 2 hours after the symbolic 11/11 11.00 ) and starts and finishes and goes nowhere near The Cenotaph. Fantastic work by the right-wing media and its lackeys has created this false " threat " to The Cenotaph in order to create more anger and division... but, there will be trouble of some sort almost for sure now that the gullible have been mobilised.
But the gullible as you put it, aren't turning up till the next day

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just before you leave, why did you bring the cenotaph into it ? I have spent a lot time on remembrance days remembering in both official and personal roles and am interested why you raised the cenotaph ?

I'm not upset or aggressive, bit I do feel that you're denigrating a lot of my time over the years.
It is literally on the front page of newspapers, the biggest domestic story of the day. The papers may be shit, Braverman may be shit, the story may be shit - but it is one which is in discourse and there is absolutely nothing - not one word of my post which you “took offence” (allegedly) to which is in the least bit controversial.

This is the problem with these types of threads, the same handful of posters with the same views simply not listening to what anyone else has to say.

And for that reason, I’ll leave you to it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Please read or re-read post #307 on this thread. There is no threat and never has been a " threat " to the Cenotaph or to anyone who wishes to be there at 11 am..if there is a threat it comes from those whipped up by Braverman or our infamous Daily Hate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Cenotaph isn’t being dragged into anything. The march tomorrow is from Hyde Park to Battersea.

This is the third time I have posted this in this thread, and I know others have too.
That‘s down to the media muck raking, talking about the march with a photo of the Cenotaph. It is called disinformation.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is literally on the front page of newspapers, the biggest domestic story of the day. The papers may be shit, Braverman may be shit, the story may be shit - but it is one which is in discourse and there is absolutely nothing - not one word of my post which you “took offence” (allegedly) to which is in the least bit controversial.

This is the problem with these types of threads, the same handful of posters with the same views simply not listening to what anyone else has to say.

It is a lie and you aren’t listening.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If you really believe that the cenotaph (although it's the wrong place, wrong time and wrong day) is part of the demonstration tomorrow, because you read it in the Sun, then I agree, we have very differing views. And you know it's not actually 'views', it's simple documented 'facts' that we actually differ on.

Night :bigwave:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here