Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Get your point but the point of remembrance day is to pay respects to those who gave their lives for us and to remember the human cost of all wars so that we double our efforts to create peace. it seems counter intuitive to me to be demonstrating about anything on such a day. It’s one day in the year and IMHO it’s the wrong day for any other demos of any kind
I suppose that’s why they ARE doing it on a different day.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The weekend is going to be a disaster isn't it?

We have Suella whipping everyone up
Tommy Robinson and EDL heading down to "protect" the capital
Some of the protesters wanting to cause problems as well

What could go wrong?

I think it will all be fine, don't tune yourself in to the right wing narrative.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It just goes to show how people wade in without reading other posts, or even trying to find out what is happening.
Posts 255 and 258 have both explained that the Palestinian march IS NOT on Remembrance Day.
It is on tomorrow afternoon, after the two-minute silence, from Hyde Park Corner to Battersea. Tomorrow is Armistice Day (from WW1 and commemorated ever since 1919)
Remembrance Day was started in 1946, and is always a Sunday (not necessarily the 11th November) and is when the troops and veterans march past The Cenotaph in Whitehall.

I hope that helps.
A good example of gaslighting, people not looking beyond a headline, and the despicable front page of the Sun below, fabricating stories to stoke up hate and tensions

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
The weekend is going to be a disaster isn't it?

We have Suella whipping everyone up
Tommy Robinson and EDL heading down to "protect" the capital
Some of the protesters wanting to cause problems as well

What could go wrong?

That’s the pessimistic view. I’m actually hoping that this outs the fact that the Daily Mail is a lying, shit-stirring rag that openly gaslights its readership.

As others have repeatedly stated:

1. The march is on Saturday, not Sunday.

2. Its route takes it nowhere near the Cenotaph.

Those “marching to protect the Cenotaph” are going to be a far greater stain on our national character than anyone on Saturday’s march, and they’re going to have to travel quite a long way from the Cenotaph to meet the people they’re supposedly protecting the Cenotaph from.

Given the absurdly high profile of Saturday’s march, and the fact that most of the people on it will be there for the right reasons, I suspect it will self-police quite effectively. I can foresee any “bad actors” involved being willingly identified and removed by the marchers themselves.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If the Tory’s hasn’t been making such a huge and cry over the Palestinian march, I doubt any of the thicko “I’m sorry if my poppy offends you” mob would have even been aware it is happening. Or indeed, has been happening for years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good example of gaslighting, people not looking beyond a headline, and the despicable front page of the Sun below, fabricating stories to stoke up hate and tensions

My anger emoji is for the lies not for you. X was teeming with people saying there were poppy sellers at stations, and naming the stations they had commuted through.
There is also the lie that ‘Vorders’ was binned, when she resigned.
The Sun, never knowingly printing the truth.

Just as an aside, the judge has given leave to Prince Harry, Baroness Lawrence David Furnish, Liz Hurley et al, to take their case against Associated Newspapers to full trial.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
If you are talking about Remembrance Sunday as the one day there shouldn't be a demo, the march isn't on that day.

It's on the Saturday, same day as the Lord Mayor's show. I think this just shows the completely intentional confusion which has been caused by this disgusting Cabal and the mainstream press. Sadly, respect is the last thing that is on their minds :shrug:
I stand corrected. I genuinely thought it was on sunday.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
There are remembrance events happening in London tomorrow at the Cenotaph as well as Sunday. Some people are worried that splinter groups might break off from the main pro Palestine march and head for the 'high profile' Cenotaph to cause trouble, and if so, the already overstretched met police might have trouble protecting the said Cenotaph from a determined mob. Hopefully this won't happen and everything passes off peacefully.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
and in my capacity as a photographer im hoping to be in central London tomorrow recording everything in glorious technicolour

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
There are remembrance events happening in London tomorrow at the Cenotaph as well as Sunday. Some people are worried that splinter groups might break off from the main pro Palestine march and head for the 'high profile' Cenotaph to cause trouble, and if so, the already overstretched met police might have trouble protecting the said Cenotaph from a determined mob. Hopefully this won't happen and everything passes off peacefully.
Overstretched in what way ? At least there will be officers from other forces to help them out.......perhaps the Amex might stage a protest............against VAR, much more important !

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think it’s a shame the cenotaph is being dragged into this. I think any campaigner, pro-Israel, pro-Palestine, JSO or frankly anyone should do the right thing and not bring such a symbol of remembrance into the current issues in the world.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Overstretched in what way ? At least there will be officers from other forces to help them out.......perhaps the Amex might stage a protest............against VAR, much more important !
:facepalm: There could be 100's of thousands of marchers and the met are already bringing in over a 1000 officers from all parts of the country

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
There's also the Lord Mayors show on tommorow too from 11ish in central London, that's going to need a police presence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here