[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

abc

Jan 6, 2007
It seems counter-intuitive that a march protesting against thousands being killed in a war NOW should be prevented from happening so that we can commemorate thousands being killed in wars that ended 78 and 105 years ago.
Get your point but the point of remembrance day is to pay respects to those who gave their lives for us and to remember the human cost of all wars so that we double our efforts to create peace. it seems counter intuitive to me to be demonstrating about anything on such a day. It’s one day in the year and IMHO it’s the wrong day for any other demos of any kind

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Get your point but the point of remembrance day is to pay respects to those who gave their lives for us and to remember the human cost of all wars so that we double our efforts to create peace. it seems counter intuitive to me to be demonstrating about anything on such a day. It’s one day in the year and IMHO it’s the wrong day for any other demos of any kind
If you are talking about Remembrance Sunday as the one day there shouldn't be a demo, the march isn't on that day.

It's on the Saturday, same day as the Lord Mayor's show. I think this just shows the completely intentional confusion which has been caused by this disgusting Cabal and the mainstream press. Sadly, respect is the last thing that is on their minds :shrug:

Last edited:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
A few things

Remembrance day is Sunday.
The protest is well after after the minutes silence
Lots of other things are happening that day. Why is the football still happening? Bit disrespectful? Strictly come dancing also stopped?
People want to peacefully protest against mass killings which is completely appropriate for Armistice day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The weekend is going to be a disaster isn't it?

We have Suella whipping everyone up
Tommy Robinson and EDL heading down to "protect" the capital
Some of the protesters wanting to cause problems as well

What could go wrong?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Here's my prediction: There will be civil unrest and riots over the weekend, Sunak will be fored to sack Braverman on monday, the party will turn against Sunak, some ministers will resign from the cabinet and he will become toothless and lose support within. He will be forced into a corner where he would either need to step down or call an election. The civil unrest will spread and become a recurring feature where the far right have been emboldened. The Tory's get smashed in the election, Johnson re-emerges and takes over as leader of a far right conservative opposition.

Just like in the US it started with Trump becoming President and ended with the insurrection and the Republicans turning into the far right, here it started with Brexit and will end with civil unrest and rioting with the Tory's lurching to the far right. Populism in a nutshell

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've read enough news from Burma to have long ago given up any delusions about Buddhists all being nice and cuddly.
To return to Suella Braverman, the BBC article says:

'When she became an MP she took her oath of office on the book of Buddhist scripture Dhammapada'.

A google of Dhammapada reveals:
'The Dhammapada states that those who tread the path will come to know the Four Noble Truths, and having gained this wisdom, they will end all suffering.'

The Four Noble Truths are:
The truth of suffering, the truth of the cause of suffering, the truth of the end of suffering, and the truth of the path that leads to the end of suffering.

I would argue that Braverman is struggling with stages one and two, and needs to attend a Buddhist remedial school, before she is allowed to progress to stages three and four, and allowed to be Home Secretary.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

'When she became an MP she took her oath of office on the book of Buddhist scripture Dhammapada'.

'The Dhammapada states that those who tread the path will come to know the Four Noble Truths, and having gained this wisdom, they will end all suffering.'

The truth of suffering, the truth of the cause of suffering, the truth of the end of suffering, and the truth of the path that leads to the end of suffering.

I would argue that Braverman is struggling with stages one and two, and needs to attend a Buddhist remedial school, before she is allowed to progress to stages three and four, and allowed to be Home Secretary.
Surely "ending homeless people's suffering" is a right wing Tory policy too far...?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It just goes to show how people wade in without reading other posts, or even trying to find out what is happening.
Posts 255 and 258 have both explained that the Palestinian march IS NOT on Remembrance Day.
It is on tomorrow afternoon, after the two-minute silence, from Hyde Park Corner to Battersea. Tomorrow is Armistice Day (from WW1 and commemorated ever since 1919)
Remembrance Day was started in 1946, and is always a Sunday (not necessarily the 11th November) and is when the troops and veterans march past The Cenotaph in Whitehall.

I hope that helps.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Unless she's been going around getting people to vote for her because she's such a great Buddhist (if she has, you'll have to forgive me for it slipping my attention), I don't think it's relevant.
The House of Commons is full of crap Christians, and I'm not all that bothered by that either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Here's my prediction: There will be civil unrest and riots over the weekend, Sunak will be fored to sack Braverman on monday, the party will turn against Sunak, some ministers will resign from the cabinet and he will become toothless and lose support within. He will be forced into a corner where he would either need to step down or call an election. The civil unrest will spread and become a recurring feature where the far right have been emboldened. The Tory's get smashed in the election, Johnson re-emerges and takes over as leader of a far right conservative opposition.

Just like in the US it started with Trump becoming President and ended with the insurrection and the Republicans turning into the far right, here it started with Brexit and will end with civil unrest and rioting with the Tory's lurching to the far right. Populism in a nutshell
I imagine Rishi will just call an election.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Unless she's been going around getting people to vote for her because she's such a great Buddhist (if she has, you'll have to forgive me for it slipping my attention), I don't think it's relevant.
The House of Commons is full of crap Christians, and I'm not all that bothered by that either.
Nobody could be less religious than me. It isn't the religion that matters. It is her lack of judgement that matters.

She could have made her oath on any religion, or no religion. The issue is that her actions are incompatible with her stated (religious) beliefs she made when she became an MP. This is why it is relevant.

I know the House of Commons is full of hypocrites. That doesn't mean to say we should accept that behaviour. I believe it should be called out.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nobody could be less religious than me. It isn't the religion that matters. It is her lack of judgement that matters.

She could have made her oath on any religion, or no religion. The issue is that her actions are incompatible with her stated (religious) beliefs she made when she became an MP. This is why it is relevant.

I know the House of Commons is full of hypocrites. That doesn't mean to say we should accept that behaviour. I believe it should be called out.
I look forward to your threads on every single other member of the House of Commons then.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Johnson would need to win a seat in the Commons first. Would he stand? Would the Tories give him a safe seat (if there are any left)?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They fought for freedom. Freedom to express their opinions whether you agree with them or not (as my Dad used to say)

I guess that means that Braverman and the 'Common Sense Group' will add the Royal British Legion to the National Trust and the Met police on their list of Cultural Marxist enemies of the silent majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports