[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Seems like the whole past Islamophobic-laden fortnight from the actions of the government has been about creating a climate of fear to stir up an anti-terrorist fervour in this country by demonising British citizens who have no connections with nor voice support for terrorism (because that is in fact, what the majority are) just for marching for Peace - now half the country believes we are living under the threat of 300,000 terrorists running rampage through the streets of London and every other major city in the UK, screaming ‘death to the infidels!’.

Councillors have resigned, Ministers taken up backbench positions and football supporters thrown out of stadia …all because the very small minority ( like in every major societal issue) who hold extreme views have been used as an excuse to shut down legitimate debate and peaceful protest - do people honestly not know that every radicalised Muslim in the UK and just about every other Muslim even at risk of radicalisation is on a fcuking GCHQ and MI5 database? ( The personal liberty issues that raises is an argument for another day)

The police know in advance who these ‘at risk’ people are and can pull them out to stop them demonstrating - if we can prevent fans with FBOs from travelling to Europe during European football, we sure as heck can prevent those ‘known’ and on ‘watchlists’ from demonstrating in the streets of London so as not to stir up religious hatred - it’s not the terrorists threat that worries the government IMO - (since 9/11 we’ve pretty much nailed down non-domestic terrorism) it’s the fear that public opinion, contrary to foreign policy, is largely against Israel’s continued bombardment of Gaza.

That Starmer also is sitting on the fence - makes me think that there is something we don’t know that the government and Leader of the Op does - it has occurred to me several times in the past month it could be that, at some point, US policy on the ‘War on Terror ‘ will dictate going into Iran and bombing the shite out of Muslims under the auspices of that convenient and openly defined casus belli unless there is a peaceful solution to the Palestinian crisis -and we will have to follow - it wouldn’t do to have public opinion swayed in support of Muslim civilians would it - much easier to demonise the ‘enemy’ before they actually become the enemy-

Most of us here seemed to be clued in to the implications for this Country of a far-right Tory agenda curtailing more and more freedoms but the general public need to wise up a bit I reckon to when we are being manipulated literally by the ‘thought police’ for whatever reason we are yet to be aware of.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It seems counter-intuitive that a march protesting against thousands being killed in a war NOW should be prevented from happening so that we can commemorate thousands being killed in wars that ended 78 and 105 years ago.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
That Braverman plan in full:

- Say and do stupid things designed to goad Sunak into action
- Get sacked by the PM
- Retain seat at next election with comfortable majority but no longer in government
- Run for party leader with the backing of all the swivel-eyed loons (MPs and party members) who admire her version of conservatism
Be arrogant and take advice from no one.
She could be the Corbin of conservatism.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The short memories of the "wibble" hard core Conservatives are remarkable.

This was the MP who stabbed Johnson in the back live on Peston when she announced her leadership bid.

.. He hadn't even resigned at the point.

Clearly desperate to be leader of the Conservatives, she take that in opposition (and the party down) to get it,

Sunak tossing a coin whether it strengthens him to back her or sack her. My money is on her being reshuffled next week.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We all know Braverman is well received on the far right of the Tory party, but could she ever gather broad appeal from the public if she became leader?

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
According to Sky this morning an independent poll of 2,000 people reports that 50% of people think the Pro-Palestinian march shouldn't go ahead, 34% say it should and 16% don't know.

As long as there are outcomes like this the Tories still have a chance at the next GE, albeit a slim one.

I worry that people aren't watching the news coming out of Palestine but are simply concerned with our 'British' weekend of Remembrance being interrupted by some Muslims being noisy and causing trouble in London.

If you really want to see what is going on watch Al-Jazeera news covering action inside and outside the Gaza hospitals, then you'll understand why people feel they have to protest right now.
My view on it is that it would be preferable if the march was held on a different day, but they have a 100% right to hold it on any day. The Government however doesn’t seem to see the irony of criticising a march on a day we remember those who defended, amongst other things, the right to free speech.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My view on it is that it would be preferable if the march was held on a different day, but they have a 100% right to hold it on any day. The Government however doesn’t seem to see the irony of criticising a march on a day we remember those who defended, amongst other things, the right to free speech.
The march has happened every Saturday since the conflict started. It isn't on Remembrance Sunday.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We all know Braverman is well received on the far right of the Tory party, but could she ever gather broad appeal from the public if she became leader?
Doubtful. I suspect she’s the Tory Jeremy Corbyn, the extreme end of the faithful love them but the public can’t stand them

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The march has happened every Saturday since the conflict started. It isn't on Remembrance Sunday.
Exactly and was never planned for the Sunday.

Interesting stat, we lost 450k people in WW2, about 1 in 100 of the population.

In Gaza they've lost 1 in 200 people in one month. A protest is justified, what is happening is genocide.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Absolutely, Suella is our champion. My heart melts with unbridled love and gratitude every time she lifts our hopes and calms our fears. She is my rock, my port in the storm of woke

1.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports