[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well said, Yvette Cooper

Yes, heard her statement on the issue this morning... its a horribly unequal match up between Cooper and Braverman, Cooper always shows a much better grasp of her brief.. so, not long now til she sits on the correct side of the Commons.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He's an absolute loon, but this is pretty funny from Mark Francois back in 2018:

Alleged to be Braverman's puppet master (her sacking was for sending him confidential documents), Sir John Hayes was given his knighthood by Theresa May outside of the usual honours cycle in order to (allegedly) 'buy' his support for her Brexit withdrawal bill. He later voted against it anyway.

His voting record and opinion pieces in the press over the years are unsurprising. Braverman appears to be a willing stooge - I doubt she actually believes that much of the hateful bilge she spouts, she just believes it will help her attain power (not that she'd be the one with the actual power of course as it would be Sir John and his cronies holding the reins).

I'm not naive enough to think that this is anything new, but it doesn't mean I like it.

I feel sorry for the worthy people that have received honours over the years. Pondlife like Hayes discredit the whole system.

Last edited:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
That Braverman plan in full:

- Say and do stupid things designed to goad Sunak into action
- Get sacked by the PM
- Retain seat at next election with comfortable majority but no longer in government
- Run for party leader with the backing of all the swivel-eyed loons (MPs and party members) who admire her version of conservatism

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That Braverman plan in full:

- Say and do stupid things designed to goad Sunak into action
- Get sacked by the PM
- Retain seat at next election with comfortable majority but no longer in government
- Run for party leader with the backing of all the swivel-eyed loons (MPs and party members) who admire her version of conservatism
It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the safest Tory seats and how each of those MPs score on the swivelometer... would the ones left standing support the version of conservatism she represents?

There is also the question of whether there are any safe Tory seats these days. Add in another year of back-stabbing, division and chaos and even if her plan comes off, she might end up leader of a group of 5 or 6 MPs (fingers crossed).

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I'm a centrist ( with a slight lean to the right), and have mostly voted Conservative , but with the shambolic state of this government, and the extremism being shown by Braverman, there is no way that they will get my cross at the next General Election .
You won't be the only one on the right leaving the Tories, I think they get wiped out big time in the general election. If only we could have GE now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
what a depressing state of affairs .....once the greatest nation on the planet now run by grubbs , ticks and scavengers .
Yeah, but at least we've still got 'football lads' :dunce:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You won't be the only one on the right leaving the Tories, I think they get wiped out big time in the general election. If only we could have GE now.
Do you think they'd fare better or worse now, compared with next year (Halloween or whenever it was rumoured/leaked to be)?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to Sky this morning an independent poll of 2,000 people reports that 50% of people think the Pro-Palestinian march shouldn't go ahead, 34% say it should and 16% don't know.

As long as there are outcomes like this the Tories still have a chance at the next GE, albeit a slim one.

I worry that people aren't watching the news coming out of Palestine but are simply concerned with our 'British' weekend of Remembrance being interrupted by some Muslims being noisy and causing trouble in London.

If you really want to see what is going on watch Al-Jazeera news covering action inside and outside the Gaza hospitals, then you'll understand why people feel they have to protest right now.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the safest Tory seats and how each of those MPs score on the swivelometer... would the ones left standing support the version of conservatism she represents?

There is also the question of whether there are any safe Tory seats these days. Add in another year of back-stabbing, division and chaos and even if her plan comes off, she might end up leader of a group of 5 or 6 MPs (fingers crossed).
Broad generalisation here of course, there are many exceptions.

Many of the hard-line Tory MPs were brought in as candidates under Boris in 2019 as a push towards more extreme and Eurosceptic stances.

Consequently, a lot of the seats that were won by these candidates were swing seats and ex-Red Wall. These same seats are likely to go back to Labour next year.

But there are still enough far-righters in safe seats and amongst the Tory membership to cause an issue.

Under Braverman in opposition we could end up with a bit of a Macron-Le Pen dynamic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to Sky this morning an independent poll of 2,000 people reports that 50% of people think the Pro-Palestinian march shouldn't go ahead, 34% say it should and 16% don't know.

As long as there are outcomes like this the Tories still have a chance at the next GE, albeit a slim one.

I worry that people aren't watching the news coming out of Palestine but are simply concerned with our 'British' weekend of Remembrance being interrupted by some Muslims being noisy and causing trouble in London.

If you really want to see what is going on watch Al-Jazeera news covering action inside and outside the Gaza hospitals, then you'll understand why people feel they have to protest right now.
The problem is there has been enough confusion sown in the press and social media where people really believe the march will be on Sunday and intended to disrupt the Cenotaph march past. Little drops of poison dropped in by bots and far right using unclear terms like Poppy Day, Remembrance Weekend etc designed to confuse.
I’ve seen it on the Royal Navy Facebook page this morning where veterans are saying they hope there’s no trouble!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports