[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's truly incredible that we have a Home Secretary who is so off the rails, Rishi should have sacked her already but she seems fireproof. I really don't know how she gets away with it.
Rishi is a wet wipe. Lives off his wife’s fortune, can’t make tough decisions, u-turns on everything, let’s people walk all over him.

He’s a wimp.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's truly incredible that we have a Home Secretary who is so off the rails, Rishi should have sacked her already but she seems fireproof. I really don't know how she gets away with it.
Sunak would get a bit a ratings boost if he did sack her, she's friggin a toxic, divisive, racist Islamophobe

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s pretty shameful TBH that Suella Braverman has decided Armistice weekend shouldn’t be about remembering the fallen but about her and her political ambitions

Not seen someone so desperate to use ex-soldiers to their own advantage since Captain Tom’s daughter
I keep thinking that there is something somewhere going on that the government does not want to draw attention to, some subtle political or policy that the ongoing Braverman scandals are disguising ?... and yet there seems nothing ? Maybe it really comes down to a closet right wing Islamaphobe stirring up chaos that she hopes to gain advantage from ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I keep thinking that there is something somewhere going on that the government does not want to draw attention to, some subtle political or policy that the ongoing Braverman scandals are disguising ?... and yet there seems nothing ? Maybe it really comes down to a closet right wing Islamaphobe stirring up chaos that she hopes to gain advantage from ?
Closet?

Braverman isn’t just trying to appeal to right wing extremists, she IS a right wing extremist.

She’s not trying to court the Islamaphobic vote. She is Islamophobic.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The fact is the Tory party are broadly more Islamaphobic than the Labour party have ever been anti-semitic. They refuse to address it and the press go easy on them

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Luckily Braverman is looking like a tit over this.
She is to you and I.

But to the 20,000 brexit masturbating, GB News watchers who will annoint the next tory leader, she looks like a hero.

The game she is playing is cunning and highly effective. It will cause untold social problems in our nation, but she won't let that sort of thing concern her

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rishi is a wet wipe. Lives off his wife’s fortune, can’t make tough decisions, u-turns on everything, let’s people walk all over him.

He’s a wimp.
True. For all her faults, and there are many, Liz Truss did sack Braverman.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah but, as I pointed out the other day, she was already forced out (effectively) for being a berk and then got re-hired into the same job by Sunak six days later.

I really think they've reached the point where they don't give a shit about anyone anymore or care what people think about them. They are in charge and what they say goes. In fact, I think that ship sailed a LONG time ago.

Either that, or they're running a competition on who can be the most objectionable bastard in the party. Actually, maybe that could be the next thread for one of NSC's poll-botherers...? There's a long list of candidates, let's face it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah but, as I pointed out the other day, she was already forced out (effectively) for being a berk and then got re-hired into the same job by Sunak six days later.

I really think they've reached the point where they don't give a shit about anyone anymore or care what people think about them. They are in charge and what they say goes. In fact, I think that ship sailed a LONG time ago.

Either that, or they're running a competition on who can be the most objectionable bastard in the party. Actually, maybe that could be the next thread for one of NSC's poll-botherers...? There's a long list of candidates, let's face it.
Her piece in the Times today has number 10s approval albeit with some edits. Sunak is as liable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
True. For all her faults, and there are many, Liz Truss did sack Braverman.
Technically she resigned. I don't think Truss would've ACTUALLY sacked her – she had far more important things on her mind on her last day in office, such as seemingly seeing how much damage she could do to the economy/country.

Back to Braverman, I think it WAS a genuine resignation (albeit 'forced') because she knew the long(er) game of jumping ship before she was pushed and therefore getting Sunak to re-hire her. We've seen she's very adept at playing the game to get exactly what she wants – she does it all the time.

It's a game to them. Divide and conquer. Of course there will be trouble on Saturday as they've been planting the seeds for over a week, razzing up the right wingers and the press. Right wing thugs will see it as their 'duty' to protect the cenotaph (where marches are going nowhere near) from the perceived terrorist sympathisers, in turn the hard left fighty idiots will turn up to 'protect' the protesters and mission accomplished.

Effectively we have a Government targeting its own people for political gain. No longer suprised by anything these poundshop fascists do.

Sad times.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sunak should sack her but he knows that the ERG loons would send in their letters and force a leadership contest, in which Braverman would likely stand (and potentially win) so he won't.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't (and she knows this).
If he had any balls he'd threaten the ERG with an immediate election (several of their leading members are predcited to lose their seats)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just been listening to questions in The HOC, Braverman not in attendance despite her being the eye of the storm. The junior minister sent out to defend her tells the House that she is not there as a family member is undergoing a medical procedure... Kind of odd that the day before such an important family event she found time to chuck even more petrol on the fire she created and drag Northern Ireland in to it too.

More worryingly, the 5Live phone in today has had several callers supporting her and that she speaks for a " Silent Majority " when it comes to the furore over these protests. Looks like that 20-25% rump of our electorate who are closet racists are getting bolder, the door is now ajar.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just been listening to questions in The HOC, Braverman not in attendance despite her being the eye of the storm. The junior minister sent out to defend her tells the House that she is not there as a family member is undergoing a medical procedure... Kind of odd that the day before such an important family event she found time to chuck even more petrol on the fire she created and drag Northern Ireland in to it too.

More worryingly, the 5Live phone in today has had several callers supporting her and that she speaks for a " Silent Majority " when it comes to the furore over these protests. Looks like that 20-25% rump of our electorate who are closet racists are getting bolder, the door is now ajar.
The rise of Trump (again) in the US is giving the Tories hope. I just hope we are better than this, I'm sick of the division they enforced on our country since 2016, everything to them is about picking a side.

We need a government that brings the whole Union is these Isles together

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are Douglas Hurd or Kenneth Clarke able to speak these days ? Someone give them a call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports