[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Mail seems to be ignorant of the facts which I saw Nicholas Soames- famous Conservative and a descendant of Sir Winston Churchill - mentioning last night that:
1. The March is in the afternoon and on Saturday and so will not clash with the Cenotaph events anyway.
2. the March will be nowhere near the Cenotaph - from Hyde Park to Battersea.
The Cenotaph service is on Remembrance Sunday, as you rightly say in point 1. The Mail etc are deliberately conflating Armistice Day with Remembrance Sunday.

The Lord Mayor’s parade is on Saturday, so there will be loads of armed troops in the City of London anyway.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From a policing pov he is spot on.

They’ll hold the march anyway, may as well accept it, police it and let it pass. Hopefully without incident.

I bet a pound to a pinch of snuff, the only trouble will be made by the type of British nationalist who posts poppy memes saying things like;

“I don’t care who it offends, I wear my poppy with pride”

It doesn’t offend anyone, dear. Calm down.

The Mail sums it up nicely..

By which they mean they hope there is disorder so they can point at brown people and “woke police” and say “I told you so”

View attachment 169359
In a surprise to absolutely no-one, the DM seems to be whipping up a storm, based on an imaginary scenario that it has decided is DEFINITELY going to happen.

If there IS some kind of march/protest, there's no guarantee that 'a riot' will take place. But, given it generally takes two sides to cause problems, you don't have to be a genius to see why one MIGHT break out.

What a time to be alive :facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
In a surprise to absolutely no-one, the DM seems to be whipping up a storm, based on an imaginary scenario that it has decided is DEFINITELY going to happen.

If there IS some kind of march/protest, there's no guarantee that 'a riot' will take place. But, given it generally takes two sides to cause problems, you don't have to be a genius to see why one MIGHT break out.

What a time to be alive :facepalm:

Sunak is desperate for trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 18.56.13.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
All of them are. Everyone who’s tried to big this thing up is desperate for it to kick off so they can impose draconian clampdowns on people they don’t like.

This is how we degenerate from a nation that believes in the rule of law to a nation that just does whatever the government of the day tells us.

It’s the nastiest form of government I’ve seen in my lifetime and I want them so far from power they can’t be seen from space.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
All of them are. Everyone who’s tried to big this thing up is desperate for it to kick off so they can impose draconian clampdowns on people they don’t like.
- This is what happens every time there is a large protest against either the Government directly or against an issue that the Government supports - fox hunting/the miners, poll tax, gulf war, I was heavily involved in all these marches and know for a fact, there were agents provocateurs on behalf of government deliberately turning peaceful marches into violent ones, thereby undermining the message and PR of the protestors - these people weren’t supporting the march but actively undermining it from within. There were always plenty of rumours about the some of these guys in the hoods and balaclavas but we knew: - an ex-security guy I knew from the States said for years the FBI and Police sent in undercover guys to escalate the marches so to turn public against them and give a justification to ban a protest..

Braverman has left it up to the Police to request the HS to ban them - the Home Secretary can’t exercise that kind of power and very very publicly she has put political distance between herself and a march ban by announcing in some thinly veiled ‘good cop bad cop’ move, that she was leaving up to the Met to ban if they saw fit - of course she has - she doesn’t have to power to anyway! But the police are now buggered if they do and buggered if they don’t ban the march - In fact I could almost guarantee there will be trouble at this march now - it’s almost as if it has been allowed to go ahead to show they should be stopped but Sunak and Braverman have shown their hand too early and I suspect their effort to ban the march will backfire.

BTW the last time a protest march in Britain was banned was in 2011 and it was the EDL’s planned march through in Tower Hamlets in East London and neighbouring boroughs - just to put such a draconian measure into perspective.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

This is how we degenerate from a nation that believes in the rule of law to a nation that just does whatever the government of the day tells us.

It’s the nastiest form of government I’ve seen in my lifetime and I want them so far from power they can’t be seen from space.
Me too. I f***ing HATE them, I don’t usually hate, but they truly are SCUM. The article from the Home Secretary today has left me speechless and livid.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's truly incredible that we have a Home Secretary who is so off the rails, Rishi should have sacked her already but she seems fireproof. I really don't know how she gets away with it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s pretty shameful TBH that Suella Braverman has decided Armistice weekend shouldn’t be about remembering the fallen but about her and her political ambitions

Not seen someone so desperate to use ex-soldiers to their own advantage since Captain Tom’s daughter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports