[Albion] The Ref

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think Casemiro should have gone for two offences, but then again the ref was letting things go on both sides.

When the crowd sung ‘the PL’s corrupt’ after Mariner followed the rules was embarrassing to listen to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The ref cautioned the player who fouled Bruno, so Fernandes didn't have to leave the pitch. It's been the law all season.

If you want to argue the assessment/treatment on pitch wasn't 'quick' that's still not Mariner making the laws up, just being generous in his interpretation of a law that has been in place all season.
Thanks - I didn’t know about the booking part of that law this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he let things go for both sides but I did get the impression that he would rather not have had to give the penalty and looked irritated that VAR intervened to me,

A certain amount of big six bias shone through but not as bad as some.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think Casemiro should have gone for two offences, but then again the ref was letting things go on both sides.

When the crowd sung ‘the PL’s corrupt’ after Mariner followed the rules was embarrassing to listen to.
This chant wasn't just about last night, it's about this season, the Palace and Spurs games in particular.

Even if the ref did get last night's decisions correct, it is this kind of chant that will embarrass the Premier League into getting its house in order. They won't want their 'perfect' product tarnished in front of a billion global viewers and will insist that the pgmol raises it's game.

No more big team bias and no more home team bias.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought he had a poor game generally but when you see the free kick he awarded us at the end prior to the corner and handball - he gave us one there!
Yes, that shouldn't have been a free-kick. But Undav shouldn've had one 2 seconds earlier, so it's not really different.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems to be a small trend in threads like this. All the decisions that went against us get listed but none that went against the opposition.

So you can't see anyone mention the free-kick given for Enciso?
I must have missed the thread after the Wolves match. It would have been ten had it not been for the referee bias.
Not sure what your point is? People didn't complain about that ref, therefore what exactly?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't the ruling that if a player gets booked for a foul then the injured player doesn't have to leave the pitch? 🤔
Yes, although the other day one of ours got followed, yellow was shown, but ours still had to leave the pitch.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Against the grain, nowhere near as bad as the ref against say Liverpool in the cup and not in the same league as Spurs There were 2 blatant fouls by us - one of which that led to Anthony losing his shit that on another day he could have been sent off for - that he didn't give.

As for the pen, I don't know anyone who saw it in real time.
Have to agree. I think post Spurs we have been conditioned to look for and expect bias. I thought he was a bit passive and was close to losing control of the game, but not in the same league as the ones above and some of the things I was ranting about at the game, were probably more about the tense finish than any actual errrors.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Absolutely DISGRACEFUL bias - literally embarrassing. Summed up by not insisting Bruno cunty leave the pitch after having the trainers on?! Every 50/50 to them - utter garbage. Anyone saying otherwise prob wasn’t there to see it…
How was he not made to leave the pitch? Can anyone explain?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He was okay in that he let a lot go for both sides, and he played some decent advantages - much of the rest was split-second subjectiveness. That handball was quite hard to see as well. But Antony should clearly have been sent off - not for the tackle itself, but the sheer intent to cause damage regardless of where the ball was. That was unacceptable.
Yes, that was the only real issue for me

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolutely DISGRACEFUL bias - literally embarrassing. Summed up by not insisting Bruno cunty leave the pitch after having the trainers on?! Every 50/50 to them - utter garbage. Anyone saying otherwise prob wasn’t there to see it…
You actually expect football fans to know the laws of the game ? Did chuckle with how angry people were about that
I told my stupid adult son to shut up as he was going mental about it. I told him in no uncertain terms he, along with many were making themselves look complete idiot's.

Some people eh.............know the laws you fools

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How was he not made to leave the pitch? Can anyone explain?
Yeh the rule is it it’s a yellow they don’t have to - I didn’t realise this - prob a rule only used for the big 6. That aside, I’m still fuming at the blatant bias of him…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I told my stupid adult son to shut up as he was going mental about it. I told him in no uncertain terms he, along with many were making themselves look complete idiot's.

Some people eh.............know the laws you fools
Not knowing a tiny law that’s barely used in football and isn’t that important doesn’t make us idiots or fools thank you 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, that was the only real issue for me
No digging at you, just curious, we’re you at the game or watch it on tv? I couldn’t see the Antony incident but there was a clear, clear feeling of injustice in the stands all round the ground at his bias to them… every decision nearly seemed to go their way… it became obvious and even the east were going mad at one point… Just curious on perspective

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Seemed to make a rod for his own back for some reason. Few early niggly fouls left uncalled which meant as the game wore on the fouls got worse and players that should have been on a 2nd yellow only got their first. Casemiro almost certainly should have gone. EDIT: And Antony for just kicking AliMac.

But I don't think we were angels last night either :shrug:

Overall just another poor performance from a professional referee at the top of the game. In other news: water is wet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports