Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ref

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ref was useless. Two ManUtds should have seen red, the bar for fouls was regularly higher for us, tonight VAR saved us, I bet the ref really was struggling having to give a penalty.

Some people say we only complain about the ref when we lose, not tonight.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He was okay in that he let a lot go for both sides, and he played some decent advantages - much of the rest was split-second subjectiveness. That handball was quite hard to see as well. But Antony should clearly have been sent off - not for the tackle itself, but the sheer intent to cause damage regardless of where the ball was. That was unacceptable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Same names same thread. I thought he was okay.

Any particular incident ? Anthony was walking a fine line but the tackle, from the replay, was a booking. The afters was started by Dunk. He could have gone, but I didn't feel we were hard done by there. If we are talking about decisions, there were three pretty hefty challenges of ours that led to him losing his head. All were waved through.

Mariner let a lot go on both sides.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ref was useless. Two ManUtds should have seen red, the bar for fouls was regularly higher for us, tonight VAR saved us, I bet the ref really was struggling having to give a penalty.

He was desperate to get United over the line.

Casemiro shouldve gone, Shaw shouldve got a second yellow for handball, so many times he waved on play for fouls kn our players.

Mariner tried. He'll be gutted

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He was desperate to get United over the line.

Casemiro shouldve gone, Shaw shouldve got a second yellow for handball, so many times he waved on play for fouls kn our players.

Mariner tried. He'll be gutted
To be fair, we got away with quite a bit as well. I think he recognised that it was going to be quite full-blooded, and let things flow. I thought he was okay. Except for the Anthony thing.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought he had a poor game generally but when you see the free kick he awarded us at the end prior to the corner and handball - he gave us one there!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Pretty poor performance. How many times did he warn DeGea to hurry up? No yellow. How quick did Steele get booked against Bmuff? Its incredible. Week after week. Antony very very lucky - just got home to watch it again. Casimiro very very lucky.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I
Why didn't Shaw get a second yellow for the hand ball? Casemiro should have gone too. Thank God for VAR!
I think the rules might have changed ie if it’s a pen then there’s no sending off as well.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He let a lot go for us too. Several obvious dives unpunished including Enciso's that led to the goal, Caicedo's stamp on Rashford early on.

It was a thoroughly crap performance from Marriner all round. Its nice that it didnt matter in the end and the best team won.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
He let a lot go for us too. Several obvious dives unpunished including Enciso's that led to the goal, Caicedo's stamp on Rashford early on.

It was a thoroughly crap performance from Marriner all round. Its nice that it didnt matter in the end and the best team won.
Yes he did, but Rashford was doing a Kane all night, perhaps they have both spent a night out with Zaha.

It's an utter disgrace. I genuinely feel there is something in it re the corruption/bias. Disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here