[Albion] The Ref

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Injuries​

• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
    • a goalkeeper is injured
    • a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
    • players from the same team have collided and need attention
    • a severe injury has occurred
    • a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
    • a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker

I guess the 'completed quickly' is a subjective decision, if people are determined to include it as a mistake they can argue that point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Injuries​

• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
    • a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly

I guess the 'completed quickly' is a subjective decision, if people are determined to include it as a mistake they can argue that point.
Regardless, the ref was an absolute Man Utd fan disgrace…

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Absolutely DISGRACEFUL bias - literally embarrassing. Summed up by not insisting Bruno cunty leave the pitch after having the trainers on?! Every 50/50 to them - utter garbage. Anyone saying otherwise prob wasn’t there to see it…
Antony was a stonewall red. Endangering an opponent in the most blatant way and then trying to scrap with Dunky. If a Brighton player exhibits that degree of intention they’re gone!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't the ruling that if a player gets booked for a foul then the injured player doesn't have to leave the pitch? 🤔
You actually expect football fans to know the laws of the game ? Did chuckle with how angry people were about that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Talksport team feel Casimiro committed three yellow card fouls.

Tonight thank fck for VAR …. handballs don’t come more blatant than that.
Yet he of course missed that.. as for the yellows … Man Utd fan mate of mine said he should be off (early second half) I guess for one of his fouls. Marriner was absolutely corrupt as f***. Still fuming regardless…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“Andre, this is VAR. That’s a stonewall penalty. Blow the whistle and point to the spot”.

“Hi VAR, Andre here. Have we played too long after the incident to review?”

“Hi Andre, no. You need to point to the spot. It’s way beyond clear and obvious.”

“Hi VAR, I think we should play on. I saw something but it’s not clear and obvious to me”.

“Hi Andre. VAR here. It’s a penalty 100%. This won’t end well for you if you don’t just point to the spot, think Michael Salisbury.”

“Hi VAR. I’m not giving a ****ing penalty against Man Utd at this time in the game. Can we compromise and I’ll take a look at the screen?”

“Hi Andre. VAR here. If you look at the replay you’ll have to give it. You may as well point to the spot now?”

“Look VAR. I ****ing keep my role as an EPL top dog ref by making the big decisions! Why are you questioning me FFS? I’ll review on the screen then speak to you twonks after the game about cornering me!”

“Hi Andre. It’s VAR. Can you see the replay?”

“Hi Andre. It’s VAR. Can you confirm?”

“Hi Andre. It’s VAR. Have you turned you radio off?”

“This is Andre. You stitched me up you ****s. I won’t be able to ref a Man Utd game for months now! FFS!”

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How did he miss the handball in the first place? Looked genuinely annoyed that he had to go and check the monitor

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Someone talk me through the imaginary impact that injures Fernandes, he receives treatment on field AND doesn’t need to go to the sideline!!??

Sorry, have the rules changed for Thursday night games!?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How did he miss the handball in the first place? Looked genuinely annoyed that he had to go and check the monitor
The whole stadium saw the handball, no way he was risking giving that against ManUtd though…corru….nope I’m not going there…

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone talk me through the imaginary impact that injures Fernandes, he receives treatment on field AND doesn’t need to go to the sideline!!??

Sorry, have the rules changed for Thursday night games!?
Because...

Injuries​

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So conclusion being Mariner made up the rules tonight because it wasn’t what should have happened.
The ref cautioned the player who fouled Bruno, so Fernandes didn't have to leave the pitch. It's been the law all season.

If you want to argue the assessment/treatment on pitch wasn't 'quick' that's still not Mariner making the laws up, just being generous in his interpretation of a law that has been in place all season.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
You actually expect football fans to know the laws of the game ? Did chuckle with how angry people were about that
Most players don't know the laws, never have. Sunday League to Premier League players generally clueless about laws !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
From the away end :lolol:

1.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports