Gross - just a superb player
Pervis - class
Mitoma - as above
Milner - excellent cameo
Bart - steady
JPVH - did well, couple of times a little lucky though
Webster - better as the game went on
Adingra - promising
Welbeck - did ok but missed a couple of sitters in the first half, hitting the bar with one

Not so good, but obviously first game so lots of time to improve

Igor - oh dear, looks very strong physically, but a pure stopper. Needs games
Steele - unusually jittery. Bad error but glad it was today
Dahoud - just closed down quickly and then struggled each time. I think I was disappointed as I was desperate for him to succeed, so perhaps me….
Solly - not himself

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It rubber stamped that JPVH is better option than Webster, Webster gives the ball away for fun.
When there is zero movement, one of our best chances in the first half came as a result of Webster bringing the ball out.

JPVH did do well when he came on though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I thought we looked a lot better when Pascal went into midfield.
Dahoud played at walking pace all game and didn’t seem to move into space for passes to him. Strange. Maybe he’s feeling a bit of fatigue from the intense training sessions. He’s a quality player, so he should come good. Alzate seemed to offer more when he came on.
I was impressed with JPVH. I wonder whether he’s played himself into the starting line up for Luton?
Dunk and Solly were very rusty but that’s not surprising.
Evan has looked a slightly frustrated figure in his appearances. He just needs more minutes.
The real stand out is Joao Pedro. He’s a Rolls Royce of a player. There was a fantastic turn and run in the first half before he was fouled on the edge of the box.
Re goalkeepers, Jason had a bad day at the office but expect he’ll start on Saturday. However, he’ll have Bart breathing down his neck and anymore clangers like that, and Bart will get his chance.
Milner, just the type of player we need to add some steel, especially if we lose Moises.
Mitoma and Adingra both looked sharp.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pre season or not, in each game we've had decent spells of looking an utter shambles at the back, and we did towards the end of the season. When we were in that run of Steele, Veltman, Dunk, Colwill, Pervis, we looked really solid, since then all over the shop. A worry given how much it looks like we will be changing players this year.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surely the main talking point is the new ultra comfy seats in the press box. Is this a new premium ST area, or a requirement for UEFA?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I enjoyed that for my first live football in 12 months.

Positives:

Joao Pedro. He looks like hesgoing to be a big player for us.
Dunk back.
Van Hecke. Looked the second best of the centre backs.

Negatives

Dahoud looks lightweight.
Steele. Jittery.
No caicedo. I know we dominated but there was a big caicedo shaped hole imo.

I wasn't overly impressed by Igor but he only had 30 minutes or so and he's only been with us a week so I can't judge him too harshly.

I very much enjoyed milners cameo. Got into fights with half their team, got in the ref and linos ear and just got involved.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I feel everyone looks like they are playing at half pace, even compared to the friendlies in the US.
In big grounds, with larger crowds than the Amex, I think there was a bit more edge to those. Players are bound to rise to it. A bit different to a 10,000 relaxed crowd at a familiar ground with only two sections open. There wasn't the same intensity about the game generally.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Surely the main talking point is the new ultra comfy seats in the press box. Is this a new premium ST area, or a requirement for UEFA?
what are they leather recliners with head rests, arm rests and cup holders in the arms? If not I don't want one

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dahoud is no Macalister who is a master in small spaces. Massive miss for us. Caicedo easier to replace IMO.
FFS give the bloke a chance. It’s not as if Mac hit the ground running when he joined. If he’s not up to it by Chrimbo then it’s a different story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here