Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The rain and you

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How can anyone say they like cold runny water dripping down their neck too the back. Not an issue if exercising, but there is a reason we build houses etc.
I do enjoy a warm/hot bath though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Experienced horizontal driving rain straight into the face at Fratton Park one evening (on the open terrace behind the goal, before they built that stand). It was absolutely incessant and lasted the whole game, everyone was soaked within 10 minutes. Drove home in sopping wet clothes, and the car seat was still wet the next morning. I had to sit on a binliner to drive to work.

Oh, and we lost. 3-0.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Don't mind the rain ,been ill for nearly a fortnight and went out for the 3rd time in 13 days and walked in the rain for an hour it perfect . In Sri lanka a couple of years ago waiting for the rain to abate as i sat on my apartment balcony my mates were in a bar 50 yards down the road . It wouldn't stop but was warm ended up walking down in just shorts and sandals t shirt in a bag . Made the bar just as the heavens opened ,thunder ,lightning just a wonderful sight .10 minutes later the roads were like rivers . First time i'd witnessed a tropical storm.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
"plastic-roof-over-your-head" tool

Brilliant!

I get quite angry if I see a bloke with a brolly and I have had a few unnecessary and irrational arguments with men with brollies in the past.

You try having a discussion outside in the Cumbrian Rain that involves paper - and taking notes of said discussion without a brolly. That'll change your mind!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I quite like rain, getting wet doesn't really bother me but a cold wind and rain ain't much fun.

The Japanese generally, however, will put umbrellas up if it looks like it might rain and negotiating a pavement full of people with umbrellas up when it's not even raining is feckin annoying!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've always been slightly bemused by that special gait people suddenly adopt when it starts to rain and they are obliged to walk in it or run for cover.

It's as if they think that by bowing their heads down and hunching up their shoulders they will get less wet than if they just continued to walk or run in a normal manner.

I even do it myself but I still don't know what the rationale is.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I cycled from Worthing to Withdean in shorts and T-shirt blue skys by the time the game started clouds were gathering the hevans opened over the next hour we had everything rain hail even a bit of snow what is it no such thing as bad weather just bad choice of clothing

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Don't mind rain it's only when there's wind too it annoys me. I was once told there's a French phrase that translates to "raining liking a p*ssing horse" which has felt appropriate a few times recently.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I quite like rain, getting wet doesn't really bother me but a cold wind and rain ain't much fun.

The Japanese generally, however, will put umbrellas up if it looks like it might rain and negotiating a pavement full of people with umbrellas up when it's not even raining is feckin annoying!

Reminded me of being in South Korea and being told on various occasions that I should have an umbrella up because it was raining, or asked why I didn't have one up. (I'm talking drizzle, not torrential rain). Interesting lot when it comes to conformity, the south Koreans!

In general I don't mind the rain (bar cold wind and rain) unless its particularly gloomy for days on end. Particularly like a bit of summer rain when it freshens the air after a humid spell.

A lot of people down here moaning about the spring so far and how wet it's been, yet it hasn't actually rained that much overall. Just more rainy for these parts at this time of year than usual. A lot of sun too - just not average April/May temperature sun!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cricket season now, and so far I've played one of three scheduled matches due to the ****ing incessant rain. And the one we did play, I slipped on the wet outfield and jarred my back.

Supposed to be playing tonight, and yes, forecast to start raining an hour before the scheduled start.

Rain is for winter. Rain in May can **** right off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Used to be the same as most people. Diving for cover. Then life (as those who know me will I think vouch for) took a fairly shitty turn over the last few months.

A few weeks ago, I was out walking and it absolutely pissed it down. I just kept on walking, staring up at the sky (as much as I could do for the water in my eyes), feeling the rain on my face and realised that getting soaked was, to be honest, simply not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things.

(I mean, nor is football really, but at least it's a good diversion when times are tough).

..x

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cricket season now, and so far I've played one of three scheduled matches due to the ****ing incessant rain. And the one we did play, I slipped on the wet outfield and jarred my back.

Supposed to be playing tonight, and yes, forecast to start raining an hour before the scheduled start.

Rain is for winter. Rain in May can **** right off.

...and there's the whatsapp message to say that tonight's game is OFF, as the pitch is too wet.

F U C K O F F R A I N

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
7967A7D7-D6F5-44E2-A85F-B4D4C839AA4D.jpeg

Where can I get one of these? Just asking for a friend. :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I ****ing love rain, hail, snow - all of it. As a Ranger I've taken to getting out on my Quad as soon as it rains, nothing beats getting absolutely drenched whilst driving across a reservoir dam wall rocking a pair of rain shades... people just gawp at me like I'm - how you say: one crazy mother****er.

I am btw.

One crazy mother****er.

I love the smell of damp earth.

I was chain sawing a storm blown tree in a blizzard not that long ago... Now that is ROCK and ROLL.

Stormbringer.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What is your attitude to rain?

Every Wednesday I sit around outside (same spot every week) drinking a few beers before we go to the pub.

Last week we had our first rainy Wednesday since we began in late March, and one of the friends came out, said "no lets go inside". We had a ten minute heated debate, me and the two others thought that rain is just water and one of those small obstacles in life you should just ignore and live through rather than allow to prevent you from doing stuff.

How do you handle rain? Do you hide inside? Do you use the "plastic-roof-over-your-head" tool (I have a brain freeze and cant remember the English word for it) or do just take it like a (wet) man?

I ****ing love rain, hail, snow - all of it. As a Ranger I've taken to getting out on my Quad as soon as it rains, nothing beats getting absolutely drenched whilst driving across a reservoir dam wall rocking a pair of rain shades... people just gawp at me like I'm - how you say: one crazy mother****er.

I am btw.

One crazy mother****er.

I love the smell of damp earth.

I was chain sawing a storm blown tree in a blizzard not that long ago... Now that is ROCK and ROLL.

Stormbringer.

I think you two could be best friends :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here