Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The rain and you

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Don't mind it if I've prepared adequately.

Went to Blackburn for the game that got called off hours before kick off, ended up standing in the open terrace at Accrington Stanley. We very quickly realised it was a mistake when the heavens opened.. That was a long, cold and wet journey home!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Only negative about rain is if I’m out on the motorcycle. It’s the cleaning not the riding that I don’t like.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Quite a strange thing to get angry about. I go to work on the bus. Most nights I get off a stop early and get a cuppa and fresh fruit for the night shift ahead of me.
If it’s raining, I will pop the brolly so that when I get to a 15 hour night shift I don’t spend the first few hours sitting in wet clothing. I can only apologise that this has angered you :)

If I’m just out walking for enjoyment and it rains, I don’t mind getting wet at all. I’ll poke up with most things if there’s a warm shower, a hot meal and a cold pint at the end of it.

That's fine,I accept your apology.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
There's a time and a place to enjoy rain.
If I'm going out for a meal/gig/cinema/similar, I shall use an umbrella/shelter to avoid feeling uncomfortable during whatever I was about go and enjoy.
Similarly, if I am on my way to work, I do not wish (nor do I enjoy) working in soggy clothing - again, an umbrella/shelter will be used.
If I'm sitting in a field at a festival, relaxing on the beach or playing sports, I couldn't give a shit.
Love how someone can have actual arguments over the use of umbrellas - that's hilarious. :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Skin is waterproof but not watertight.
One of my misses favourite sayings, skin is waterproof. We often go for walks in the rain..

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of my misses favourite sayings, skin is waterproof. We often go for walks in the rain..

Right answer (and the basis for some great songs - Joe Cocker and Ronnie Lane were both plumbers) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poyet’s first season Leeds at home second half I was drenched to the skin, the game was garbage hammered 3-0 I vaguely remember Casper Ankergren doing stretches in his goal all game, Christ we were shit that day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mine says “ you won’t dissolve “ :)

I’ll often say “ we’re not made of salt”. However I’m also not made of stupid, so if I’m having a beer outside and it starts to rain, I’ll go indoors.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not so keen on it in this country, but I can remember a thundery day on hols in Mexico one year. I was on the sun lounger round the pool, it was stinking hot and I'd been in and out of the pool all day cooling down. Then a storm came over, the heavens opened and we were treated to a rainstorm of truly BIBLICAL proportions. With warm rain hammering down nearly everyone scattered for the foyer but I stayed out in it. Went back into the pool for a bit, came back out, fetched a beer from the bar and went back to the sun lounger and sat there supping it in rainfall that meant you could barely see your hand in front of your face. Even all the iguana's sloped off into the bushes. The doris thought I was mad, and "we're already all wet anyway" wasn't cutting it.

In fairness we needed dry towels so it was quite handy when she went in, and the storm blew over in less than half an hour, replaced by a baking sun again. Just reading this back makes me realise how much I miss Mexico.

Sigh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Friday night Rochdale game was wetter.

It certainly was a big soaking and we lost 4-3 right at the end didn't we (probably why I've tried to erase the memory)

Oh come on - surely you had your free plastic KKK costume with you ? Whimp.

:lolol:

THOSE things. Looking like a bedraggled racist condom wasn't high on my list of priorities.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can't beat a good storm though can you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here