Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the palace game on friday.....train fine advice

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can't remember what paper i had read it in, but apparently our fares help lower train fares in Europe. LOWER OUR ****ING FARES!!!!!!

Thing is with our system is that you have to know the train fair system and how to get the cheaper tickets. I went into the Travel Shop in Brighton the day before and got 3 adult returns from Portslade to Norwood Junc. for £33, so just £11 each return - bargain. But it's not exactly an easy or simple to sort these deals.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It is really unfair that 16 year olds are classed as adults. As LB says they are eligible to buy a railcard at 16 but this only entitles them to 33% off the fare, not 50% which is the child fare, a massive difference to a schoolkid with no income. Obviously you also have to buy the railcard too which at £28 is also a pretty significant investment for a 16 year old who is likely to be still in full time education with the only source of funds being a parent.

I'm pretty sure my 16 year old has been buying child tickets still, looks like I'm going to have to buy him a young person's railcard now.

I'd suggest you probably give airlines a miss too then, Adults are classed as anyone over 16 on some airlines, over 12 on some (including British Airways/Virgin Atlantic etc..).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We could all pay higher taxes for cheaper train fares but why should everyone pay for something they might not all use ? Oh hang on that's what has happened at the Amex, I knew it sounded familiar.

I just love getting the train down from London evry week knowing that YOU are subsidising my travel. Love it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think they just use the electoral register and they should have a cheaper fare for 16-19 year olds, but then southern fail are greedy ****ers

I think when you go through the barrier at East Croydon, and probably every other station barrier also, using a Child Ticket it flashes up 'CHILD' on the display. Easy enough to collar somebody that looks like they might be older.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here