Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the palace game on friday.....train fine advice

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fair play,bet he wont do it again,perhaps i should sell his tik for tom night as punishment???

If he knows he did wrong and won't do it again let him go. He can tell his kids forever what a night it was.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I cannot think of any official form where I have to list my children's date of birth and address,

Birth registration, census, Child benefit claimant, doctors, hospital registration, dentist, schools, must be loads i would have thought.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The point is that the fares are too fecking steep in the first place. A 16 year old lad gets bumped for £50 notes and I've seen god knows how many scrote fare dodgers who just square up to the clippy and get off Scott free provided they detrain at the next stop.

£23 notes for a forty mile train trip is daylight ****ing robbery IMO.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Birth registration, census, Child benefit claimant, doctors, hospital registration, dentist, schools, must be loads i would have thought.

Indeed there are that's why he was caught.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
fair play indeed. I think they need to hold a fare fayre, to ensure everyone pays a fair fare.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The point is that the fares are too fecking steep in the first place. A 16 year old lad gets bumped for £50 notes and I've seen god knows how many scrote fare dodgers who just square up to the clippy and get off Scott free provided they detrain at the next stop.

£23 notes for a forty mile train trip is daylight ****ing robbery IMO.

You could always walk......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
my son informed me that once he gave full address and post code,they knew he was bluffing

They can check from the full address that the address is valid and the surname matches.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

School, doctor and dentist perhaps. However I would be astounded and frankly f'ing angry if they were selling details to a train company

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think they just use the electoral register and they should have a cheaper fare for 16-19 year olds, but then southern fail are greedy ****ers

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
School, doctor and dentist perhaps. However I would be astounded and frankly f'ing angry if they were selling details to a train company

I wouldn't have thought they pay for it, i would guess its available to any legitimate organisation.
Most likely it will be the child benefit government database, every parent gets it regardless of income so all listed on it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I cannot think of any official form where I have to list my children's date of birth and address, So conversely can see no way they can be on a database for the use of train inspectors. I doubt that even the police have any more than a partial picture of children and who lives where and their ages.

On the electoral roll there is a requirement to add those at the address that are 16 yrs 0 days + & not yet 18 so they have a record of those entitled to vote in the near future, so they don't get overlooked

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If it was fraud people wouldn't use trains.

Us non-polluters don't really have an option do we. I remember the other week the trip to Peterborough and back was the equivalent of the Stansted trip rip-off. Getting people to travel and share and spread themselves and their ideas should really be more state-funded, or even euro-funded perhaps so that all the states are in line with affordable travel. It's sometimes a joy to go around different parts of europe at rates that didn't make one have to always check your purse so far in advance to calculate whether you can afford it.
That's my view anyway. :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This is the problem with fares. I don't class a 16 year old as an adult. As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't pay adult fares until you're 18, after all, isn't that when you officially become an adult?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here