Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the palace game on friday.....train fine advice

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree that houses and surnames are easy to check, but child ages should be very difficult, if not (and hope) impossible

Data is gathered on you from the day you're born (e.g. NHS number) , parents/guardian receiving child benefit and tax credits/Universal credit etc etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Us non-polluters don't really have an option do we. I remember the other week the trip to Peterborough and back was the equivalent of the Stansted trip rip-off. Getting people to travel and share and spread themselves and their ideas should really be more state-funded, or even euro-funded perhaps so that all the states are in line with affordable travel. It's sometimes a joy to go around different parts of europe at rates that didn't make one have to always check your purse so far in advance to calculate whether you can afford it.
That's my view anyway. :)

We could all pay higher taxes for cheaper train fares but why should everyone pay for something they might not all use ? Oh hang on that's what has happened at the Amex, I knew it sounded familiar.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We could all pay higher taxes for cheaper train fares but why should everyone pay for something they might not all use ? Oh hang on that's what has happened at the Amex, I knew it sounded familiar.

It's called "the common good" I'd happily pay higher taxes to ensure more people used trains.

Then my motoring would be less congested and I could belch my fumes without a care.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
This is the problem with fares. I don't class a 16 year old as an adult. As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't pay adult fares until you're 18, after all, isn't that when you officially become an adult?

at most footy grounds it 18 and over isnt it?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
oh dear, looks like this thread has de-railed :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Who subsidises your train travel, Beachy? Just fellow passengers or the British taxpayer?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who subsidises your train travel, Beachy? Just fellow passengers or the British taxpayer?

I was wondering how long a moron would take to ask that, surprised it was you

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The point is that the fares are too fecking steep in the first place. A 16 year old lad gets bumped for £50 notes and I've seen god knows how many scrote fare dodgers who just square up to the clippy and get off Scott free provided they detrain at the next stop.

£23 notes for a forty mile train trip is daylight ****ing robbery IMO.

This.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I can't remember what paper i had read it in, but apparently our fares help lower train fares in Europe. LOWER OUR ****ING FARES!!!!!!

This is the problem with fares. I don't class a 16 year old as an adult. As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't pay adult fares until you're 18, after all, isn't that when you officially become an adult?
16 is the age at which you become eligible to buy a railcard that means you don't have to pay adult fares.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It is really unfair that 16 year olds are classed as adults. As LB says they are eligible to buy a railcard at 16 but this only entitles them to 33% off the fare, not 50% which is the child fare, a massive difference to a schoolkid with no income. Obviously you also have to buy the railcard too which at £28 is also a pretty significant investment for a 16 year old who is likely to be still in full time education with the only source of funds being a parent.

I'm pretty sure my 16 year old has been buying child tickets still, looks like I'm going to have to buy him a young person's railcard now.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
fair play indeed. I think they need to hold a fare fayre, to ensure everyone pays a fair fare.

Travelled with my 16 yr old to the game and bought him a child ticket. He's at school for christ sake so why on earth should he be expected to pay an adult fare? Do you really think its a fair fare?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
16 year olds can leave school and work full time. I accept that most don't nowadays, but they can.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
16 year olds can leave school and work full time. I accept that most don't nowadays, but they can.

I thought they had to go to College no matter what these days

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is it just me that remembers getting away with not paying 9 times out of 10 pre privatisation & in the early days of privatisation. I wonder how much money this has saved the rail companies once you take out the cost of the ticket barriers, it must be quite a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here